+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Internship in Toronto

JohanGrunwald

Nov 6, 2018
Hello everybody!

I am a student from Denmark who was recently offered an internship in Toronto at a private company from January.

When I look over the internet it seems like I am getting a lot of different answers to this.

Can it really be true, that I need to apply for a work visa? It seems like there are many different options.
I would imagine myself as a student trying to get experience. But the visa administration might not consider it that way.

Because I am not getting paid for the internship, could I apply for a business/tourist visa?

I am looking forward to hear from you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello everybody!

I am a student from Denmark who was recently offered an internship in Toronto at a private company from January.

When I look over the internet it seems like I am getting a lot of different answers to this.

Can it really be true, that I need to apply for a work visa? It seems like there are many different options.
I would imagine myself as a student trying to get experience. But the visa administration might not consider it that way.

Because I am not getting paid for the internship, could I apply for a business/tourist visa?

I am looking forward to hear from you!
As said above, you need a work permit even if you aren't being paid. Completing the internship on a business/tourist visa will be classified as working illegally and a violation of your stay in Canada.

If you are Dutch, recommend you look into getting an IEC/Working Holiday Visa. This is likely your only realistic option for securing a work permit.

Reactions: canuck78