+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Student Claimed Refugee.

HeDidit

Sep 10, 2022
Then I guess you can try it. I assume they think the removal order isn't in place yet. That's the gamble. I don't know how long it takes for the removal order to be put in place. Hopefully others can comment.
A removal order is never exercised until it is invoked after a claim is rejected. It is normal, a removal order document goes with the documents you sign upon filling a refugee claim. In all, and in your decisions, ensure to consult with an immigration lawyer.

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Then I guess you can try it. I assume they think the removal order isn't in place yet. That's the gamble. I don't know how long it takes for the removal order to be put in place. Hopefully others can comment.
It is called “Discontinuation” prior to claim being referred to RPD or before eligibility. This is not considered as “Withdraw”.However, if you passed eligibility and claim referred for determination, then there is whole different process for resumption or suspension or it activates removal order

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/refugee-protection/canada/processing-claims-refugee-protection-withdrawals-suspensions.html

Reactions: canuck78 and scylla