+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Job Search Sites - Are they worthy?

_Harry_

Sep 29, 2016
As we all are aware that there are several job seeking websites offering numerous jobs to eligible candidates - many of-course are for Canada region as well.

I was doing a quick search of IT related jobs today in Indeed and found a bunch of jobs for various provinces including BC, AB, MB, ON and QC. I am also aware that many migrants moving to Canada under EE are IT related folks coming under the 217* jobs category.

So if there are jobs available or there are employers searching for suitable candidates, why do folks moving to Canada bicker about non-availability of jobs or talk about doing survival jobs after landing?

Just curious whether the posted jobs specifically seek candidates already residing within Canada or having Canadian work experience because no such thing has been mentioned in the job posting.

Last edited:

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
I think a lot of people come to Canada expecting to get a job right away and maintain the lifestyle they had in their home country. Also, not really prepared to fight for jobs as they are expecting employers to meet them at the gate and offer them a job on the spot..Canadian work experience is preferred, as the new PR may not know the language or how to act in certain situations in Canada. They have only worked in their home country. Office politics are different in every country, not just Canada.

So, unless you are highly specialized or go somewhere in desperate need for your skill, you will not get a job right away (unless extremely lucky). I think people come here with expectations that their life will not change and that is why people fail.