+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

International Experience Canada (IEC) - Delays?

hopeb

Mar 31, 2012
Hi all,

I sent off my application on 8th February and received the email to say that they'd received my application on 27th February. I was expecting an email back within the following 2 weeks to say whether or not I am eligible and to make the payment for the visa, but I haven't heard a thing! It has now been nearly 5 weeks so they are hugely over their stated processing times. I have emailed them twice so far and again not heard anything back, unfortunately it's not possible to call them so I don't know what else to do!

Really worried about this as I sent everything off over 7 weeks ago now and I only have 8 weeks until I go, I thought I had left plenty of time with the processing times they gave but clearly I was wrong!

Has anyone else experienced the same?? I would massively appreciate any advice on getting in touch with them.

gaz2012

Feb 8, 2012
Yeah I am in the same situation. Sent mine of on like Feb 19th, Royal Mail confirmed delivery on the 24th, nothing from them visa office until the receipt email a week and a half ago. Since then nothing. I'm already in Canada on my IEC visa from 2011. It runs out on the 3rd of May and if I cant work its going to mess up the company I work for. I'm just sitting tight and hoping for the best.

scottyxx

Sep 14, 2011
IEC london are so slow its unbelievable. I am already on my first IEC permit, and I am going to loose my job because they keep on F#$$ing around.

My first application they rejected because 1 photocopy was missing and the medical form was missing - two things they added after the day I posted it. It took them around 3 weeks - 1 month to tell me this. So I reapplied, the day I got the rejection. More than 2 months later, I get rejected again saying that my signature didn't look original on the Family Page. Not sure how they judge it, but they rejected it, and there is no way to ask them!!!

I am so frustrated and annoyed. I am going to loose my job over this, and going to be stuck unable to work in Canada for 15 months while my PR application goes through. Im at my wits end.

zebrapjs

May 7, 2010
Hi guys

Im in exactly the same boat. I sent my application on the 15th Feb and received a letter of acknowledgement on the 15th March. I was told I would get an answer within 2 weeks but still not heard anything. I am sure they just have a back log, visa's and applications are never done on time. Hopefully we will all hear back soon, stay positive.

Becky2012

Mar 22, 2012
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
24-04-2012
Hi everyone, all of the above has happened to me! i'm so frustrated with the whole system.

It took them 4 weeks to tell me that i could participate in the IEC programme then i paid the fee and a week later they tell me i have been entered into the second round which is the Visa section of CIC which could take up to 6 weeks!! so in total the whole process could take 11 weeks!! how is that even possible!? I mean what are they doing in there?? This is the second time i have applied as well and i sent my application in and 1 month later they sent me an email advising that i was accepted and could go to Canada staraight away. This year has ruined everything and they really have to improve the processinf times, it's a joke :mad:. If it actually takes another 6 weeks i will go crazy. I wish i knew it was going to take this long because i have put everything on hold to wait for it, ridiculous.......
Hopefully since it is past their busiest time of year that things might speed up.....i hope

umberto86

Apr 10, 2012
Hi Guys,

My brother in law has been in Canada for about 5 months now, his International Experience Canada work permit expires May 26th 2012.
Can this permit be renewed or extended?

His wife, my sister, is a canadian citizen and they have a baby who's about a year old now.
He's been working for a contractor doing trim since he got here in November 2011.

What should we do, do we just pay the $150 renewal/extend fee on the cic website?

Thanks for your help

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

umberto86 said:
Hi Guys,

My brother in law has been in Canada for about 5 months now, his International Experience Canada work permit expires May 26th 2012.
Can this permit be renewed or extended?

His wife, my sister, is a canadian citizen and they have a baby who's about a year old now.
He's been working for a contractor doing trim since he got here in November 2011.

What should we do, do we just pay the $150 renewal/extend fee on the cic website?

Thanks for your help
No. The IEC visa can't be extended. Depending on his country of citizenship, he could apply for a second year overseas. Has his wife sponsored him?

umberto86

Apr 10, 2012
No she hasn't sponsored him yet, we are starting the application now.

By applying for a second year.. would he have to go back to italy?
He's an italian citizen.

Is there now way for him to stay here and continue to work once his permit is expired?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

umberto86 said:
No she hasn't sponsored him yet, we are starting the application now.

By applying for a second year.. would he have to go back to italy?
He's an italian citizen.

Is there now way for him to stay here and continue to work once his permit is expired?
As he is Italian (you should have said that in the first place, then you would have got a fuller answer) He can only get 1 IEC visa and is valid for 6 months. http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/italy-italie/experience_canada_experience/faq.aspx?view=d#crt1-14 If he wants to work he will have to find an employer who is willing to advertise the position for 2 weeks on the jobbank and then apply for a Labour Market Opinion from HRSDC and prove that there were no Canadians or PRs available for the position. Other than that, he can apply to extend his status as a visitor, but he won't be able to work.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

umberto86 said:
even if his LOI is valid for a year he cannot get another 6 months?
The LOI is valid for one presentation for a year. He presented it, got his 6 months work permit.

Dave88

May 23, 2012
hopeb said:
Hi all,

I sent off my application on 8th February and received the email to say that they'd received my application on 27th February. I was expecting an email back within the following 2 weeks to say whether or not I am eligible and to make the payment for the visa, but I haven't heard a thing! It has now been nearly 5 weeks so they are hugely over their stated processing times. I have emailed them twice so far and again not heard anything back, unfortunately it's not possible to call them so I don't know what else to do!

Really worried about this as I sent everything off over 7 weeks ago now and I only have 8 weeks until I go, I thought I had left plenty of time with the processing times they gave but clearly I was wrong!

Has anyone else experienced the same?? I would massively appreciate any advice on getting in touch with them.
Just wondering if you got sorted? It's been 9 weeks since I received my 1st email from them (the one before the payment prompt for €105) I've had to reschedule my flight and pay an extra €160 and put it back a month and now im not sure if i'll even make that flight too. Is there anyone to call about the matter? I've left the voicemails and sent the e-mails and i'm getting no help whatsoever from the IEC and USIT. :mad:

sues

May 23, 2012
Hi all...I am glad to hear i am not the only one in the same boat. I received my conditional visa the 3rd April, paid the fee and sent relevant forms. It is 23rd May and I have yet to get a confirmation email of my payment let alone my letter of welcome. It is soo frustrating...I have sent dozens of emails to no reply... i am at breaking point...i wonder if there is any point leaving now.. :'(