+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INTER RELIGION / FAITH MARRIAGE & OUT LAND SPOUSAL

Shivaliwalia

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Same here! We are getting married next year after 8 yrs of LDR. We belong to different faiths ( in reality we follow none) and different countries and our country of residency are also different from citizenship. We hold Indian and Iranian citizenships, where is everybody else from? May be we can support each other on this forum.
Please keep us posted about the process..
Best Wishes!
Indian n pakistani

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I'm not sure why people keep bringing up religion when it comes to immigration. No where on any of the forms are you asked to disclose your religion. In Canada it is highly illegal for the government to ask any such questions, Its irrelevant to any services the government provides. At MOST , its a minor foot note to explain why a religious wedding may not have been attended by one side of a family who foolishly chooses to let religion get in the way of celebrating a family members union.
As zardoz said, incorrect. IRCC is not interviewing job candidates. They are verifying whether a relationship is genuine in order to allow a foreign national to immigrate to Canada. They at religions, ages, cultures, language abilities, education levels, etc. They even look at physical appearance. If there is an interview, they will ask applicants extremely personal questions about a range of topics from personal history to how often they have sex with their partner.

Dellopm

Oct 5, 2019
I'm not sure why people keep bringing up religion when it comes to immigration. No where on any of the forms are you asked to disclose your religion. In Canada it is highly illegal for the government to ask any such questions, Its irrelevant to any services the government provides. At MOST , its a minor foot note to explain why a religious wedding may not have been attended by one side of a family who foolishly chooses to let religion get in the way of celebrating a family members union.
I am telling my circumstances, I did not say CIC is going to discriminate my file based on our religions. But thanks for replying

Dellopm

Oct 5, 2019
Hey everyone recieved pre arrival letter today. We passed the relationshio test. Yeyyyyy.. . Just make sure you dont leave any detail in your letter to visa office. Provide as many proofs as you can. Everyone will get through.
Many congratulations!!
Would you ,when you have time, please share details so it can help more people.
Like what documents you submitted for your spouse?
What proof of relation you provided? Were you in LDR?
How long did the sponsorship process take?

Thanks!

Shivaliwalia

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Many congratulations!!
Like what documents you submitted for your spouse?
What proof of relation you provided? Were you in LDR?
How long did the sponsorship process take?

Thanks!
Yes it was ldr. We have been together since 2012. Met 5-6 times in a diff. Country so submitted all travel tickets, entry exit stamps of both n some hotel bookings. N had tickets of a few things we did together when we met. Had customized couple gifts (passport covers) made few years ago, reciept of that. Scanned cards n fb timeline of friendship. Took screenshots of conversations over the years. 1 page with 6 screenshots of alternate months of all these years, had some skype screenshots. . Mutual friends who knew other person coz no one from my side except me has met him yet. Letters from people who know our relation. Texts showing wedding invite to friends.. n screenshot of their responses. Made 1 page of all screenshots of invites n responses. Then screenshots of his familymenbers being friends with me on fb. One page of screenshots of our call records of diff. Apps from all the years. N most imp. Letter explaining how we met n growth of our relationship over years. Our families are not aware except a few siblings n we havent made it public yet but explained in detail why we didnt do religious ceremony or wy it was just 2 of us in our wedding. Also gave pics with description from all the meetups n wedding. Hope that helps

Dellopm

Oct 5, 2019
Many congratulations!!
Yes it was ldr. We have been together since 2012. Met 5-6 times in a diff. Country so submitted all travel tickets, entry exit stamps of both n some hotel bookings. N had tickets of a few things we did together when we met. Had customized couple gifts (passport covers) made few years ago, reciept of that. Scanned cards n fb timeline of friendship. Took screenshots of conversations over the years. 1 page with 6 screenshots of alternate months of all these years, had some skype screenshots. . Mutual friends who knew other person coz no one from my side except me has met him yet. Letters from people who know our relation. Texts showing wedding invite to friends.. n screenshot of their responses. Made 1 page of all screenshots of invites n responses. Then screenshots of his familymenbers being friends with me on fb. One page of screenshots of our call records of diff. Apps from all the years. N most imp. Letter explaining how we met n growth of our relationship over years. Our families are not aware except a few siblings n we havent made it public yet but explained in detail why we didnt do religious ceremony or wy it was just 2 of us in our wedding. Also gave pics with description from all the meetups n wedding. Hope that helps
Thanks so much for quick response. You must be on cloud 9! I wish you happiest life together with your husband! :)

Reactions: Shivaliwalia

Shivaliwalia

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Thanks so much for quick response. You must be on cloud 9! I wish you happiest life together with your husband! :)
Thank you dear. We are waiting for ppr but i think the biggest hurdle is over coz of all the red flags. Hope evryone gets there soon :)

Qurat ul ain

Feb 4, 2019
Hi Everyone ,
I have a few questions about spousal sponsorship process, i hope to receive some answers from this forum :

1) Me and my fiancee are planning to get married in 2 months time , The wedding is a simple beach wedding with just 4 of us participating (my family, me ,her) Its a destination wedding at Seychelles. Her parents would not participate as they disapprove of this marriage , We are both from different religions , hence the disapproval. our relatives also will not be informed as we will conduct a reception a year after the marriage.

2) Me and my fiancee have been together for the past 10 years , I can provide supporting documents for proof of relationship , Whats app chats , joint bank accounts , hotel bills, pictures during the timeline, letter from our mutual friends and my family etc , After marriage we would not like to disclose our relation ship on social media , will that raise a red flag?

3) I have already applied for a TRV before , in order to follow the inland sponsor ship process, I was denied entry due to lack of travel history .

Can sm1 help me on this , Tough times are ahead, I would just like to know if my spousal sponsorship process would go through.

Thanks
Hey Tim, wondering if your application came through. Me and my boyfriend are in the same interfaith boat. We're both worriers so just want to do everything as right as we possibly can :/

davecoutts

Aug 5, 2022
Great idea to support each other. My brother and his wife are atheists. My brother’s daughter (my niece) recently admitted me that she believes in God but is afraid to tell her parents about it. My brother’s a good man, but I’m not sure he will back her on this. Now I pick up my niece every weekend, and we go to church together, and I’ve also enrolled her in a Sunday online school of religion: https://chufirstrchlove.com. I have to lie to my brother not to break my niece’s heart. What should I do in this situation? Should I talk to my brother?

Last edited: