+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INTER RELIGION / FAITH MARRIAGE & OUT LAND SPOUSAL

Tim186

Apr 2, 2019
Hi Everyone ,
I have a few questions about spousal sponsorship process, i hope to receive some answers from this forum :

1) Me and my fiancee are planning to get married in 2 months time , The wedding is a simple beach wedding with just 4 of us participating (my family, me ,her) Its a destination wedding at Seychelles. Her parents would not participate as they disapprove of this marriage , We are both from different religions , hence the disapproval. our relatives also will not be informed as we will conduct a reception a year after the marriage.

2) Me and my fiancee have been together for the past 10 years , I can provide supporting documents for proof of relationship , Whats app chats , joint bank accounts , hotel bills, pictures during the timeline, letter from our mutual friends and my family etc , After marriage we would not like to disclose our relation ship on social media , will that raise a red flag?

3) I have already applied for a TRV before , in order to follow the inland sponsor ship process, I was denied entry due to lack of travel history .

Can sm1 help me on this , Tough times are ahead, I would just like to know if my spousal sponsorship process would go through.

Thanks

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you have a 10 year relationship history including many in person visits you should have no problem getting approved as an outland sponsorship. If you explain why family is not at the wedding and the reason makes sense it is fine. Unfortunately not an uncommon scenario.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Yes, with that amount of relationship history you won't have an issue. You don't have to disclose anything on social media.

Tim186

Apr 2, 2019
If you have a 10 year relationship history including many in person visits you should have no problem getting approved as an outland sponsorship. If you explain why family is not at the wedding and the reason makes sense it is fine. Unfortunately not an uncommon scenario.
Thank you for the reply :), I was getting very tensed , the wait has been very tiring . We have traveled to each other every year since 2013 , until then we did our graduation together at the same college (2009-2013) .
I have got one more query is it required to submit educational certificates for out land spousal sponsorship?

Shivaliwalia

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Hi Everyone ,
I have a few questions about spousal sponsorship process, i hope to receive some answers from this forum :

1) Me and my fiancee are planning to get married in 2 months time , The wedding is a simple beach wedding with just 4 of us participating (my family, me ,her) Its a destination wedding at Seychelles. Her parents would not participate as they disapprove of this marriage , We are both from different religions , hence the disapproval. our relatives also will not be informed as we will conduct a reception a year after the marriage.

2) Me and my fiancee have been together for the past 10 years , I can provide supporting documents for proof of relationship , Whats app chats , joint bank accounts , hotel bills, pictures during the timeline, letter from our mutual friends and my family etc , After marriage we would not like to disclose our relation ship on social media , will that raise a red flag?

3) I have already applied for a TRV before , in order to follow the inland sponsor ship process, I was denied entry due to lack of travel history .

Can sm1 help me on this , Tough times are ahead, I would just like to know if my spousal sponsorship process would go through.

Thanks
Congrats on ur wedding in advance. I dont have much idea at this moment of what to say coz this is exactly the same scenerio with me n my hubby. Only diff is we were alone in our wedding n it too was in seychelles. We have already applied n waiting fr file transfer. All d best to u too. If we get any update we let u know too

Tim186

Apr 2, 2019
Congrats on ur wedding in advance. I dont have much idea at this moment of what to say coz this is exactly the same scenerio with me n my hubby. Only diff is we were alone in our wedding n it too was in seychelles. We have already applied n waiting fr file transfer. All d best to u too. If we get any update we let u know too
Finally !!! sm1 in the same boat , i cant tell you hw happy i am seeing ur post , Pls do update me on how it goes , Looking forward to that .

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Thank you for the reply :), I was getting very tensed , the wait has been very tiring . We have traveled to each other every year since 2013 , until then we did our graduation together at the same college (2009-2013) .
I have got one more query is it required to submit educational certificates for out land spousal sponsorship?
No requirement for education documents.

Kabbo3008

Sep 1, 2019
Finally !!! sm1 in the same boat , i cant tell you hw happy i am seeing ur post , Pls do update me on how it goes , Looking forward to that .
Im also the same situation. Me and my spouse both have different religion and we will get marry soon. I am worried about our file processing. Fortunately find two of you. Plz update so that we can share our experience and view.

Reactions: Shivaliwalia

Kabbo3008

Sep 1, 2019
Just same situation only diffrnc is in my case both of us from same country. Plz update.

Thank you

Dellopm

Oct 5, 2019
Same here! We are getting married next year after 8 yrs of LDR. We belong to different faiths ( in reality we follow none) and different countries and our country of residency are also different from citizenship. We hold Indian and Iranian citizenships, where is everybody else from? May be we can support each other on this forum.
Please keep us posted about the process..
Best Wishes!

GodSend

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Im also the same situation. Me and my spouse both have different religion and we will get marry soon. I am worried about our file processing. Fortunately find two of you. Plz update so that we can share our experience and view.
I'm not sure why people keep bringing up religion when it comes to immigration. No where on any of the forms are you asked to disclose your religion. In Canada it is highly illegal for the government to ask any such questions, Its irrelevant to any services the government provides. At MOST , its a minor foot note to explain why a religious wedding may not have been attended by one side of a family who foolishly chooses to let religion get in the way of celebrating a family members union.

Reactions: Vazira

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
I'm not sure why people keep bringing up religion when it comes to immigration. No where on any of the forms are you asked to disclose your religion. In Canada it is highly illegal for the government to ask any such questions, Its irrelevant to any services the government provides. At MOST , its a minor foot note to explain why a religious wedding may not have been attended by one side of a family who foolishly chooses to let religion get in the way of celebrating a family members union.
This, unfortunately, is not correct. For immigration application purposes, IRCC can, and will, if required, ask absolutely anything about you that they deem relevant. This includes age, religion, financial status, sexuality, political alignment etc. There are no "no-go" areas in a "relationship interview".

Shivaliwalia

Star Member
Aug 19, 2017
Hey everyone recieved pre arrival letter today. We passed the relationshio test. Yeyyyyy.. . Just make sure you dont leave any detail in your letter to visa office. Provide as many proofs as you can. Everyone will get through.

Reactions: Dellopm