Inter-Faith Marriage - Other Name in Marriage Certificate

shajib

Aug 14, 2018
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-11-2018
Hi all, Pls Help!!!
due to my country law, my partner (who belongs to different religion) has to put a new name alongside the current name in the marriage certificate to get this registered . She will have to sign an affidavit because of this name change.
Is it mandatory to change the name in the passport also? will cic accept an letter of explanation if she does not change name in the passport since the process is complicated? I have got ITA with crs 481 as a single applicant and now want to get married with her. How shall I proceed with all these? will highly appreciate your valuable feedback on this!! TIA!!

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Hi all, Pls Help!!!
due to my country law, my partner (who belongs to different religion) has to put a new name alongside the current name in the marriage certificate to get this registered . She will have to sign an affidavit because of this name change.
Is it mandatory to change the name in the passport also? will cic accept an letter of explanation if she does not change name in the passport since the process is complicated? I have got ITA with crs 481 as a single applicant and now want to get married with her. How shall I proceed with all these? will highly appreciate your valuable feedback on this!! TIA!!
I'm not sure I fully understand your question.
But to answer the second part, you need to calculate your CRS points to know what your score would be if you add your wife to your profile. If your CRS score is lower than the ITA cut-off as at the time you received the ITA, then decline it and re-enter the pool.

Summary: CRS scores differ for single & married applicants. You can't get ITA as a singe applicant and then apply as a married applicant. That's grounds for mis-representation.

shajib

Aug 14, 2018
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-11-2018
I'm not sure I fully understand your question.
But to answer the second part, you need to calculate your CRS points to know what your score would be if you add your wife to your profile. If your CRS score is lower than the ITA cut-off as at the time you received the ITA, then decline it and re-enter the pool.

Summary: CRS scores differ for single & married applicants. You can't get ITA as a singe applicant and then apply as a married applicant. That's grounds for mis-representation.
Thanks Tobs!!
My main question was name issue of my spouse. Her current name will be accompanied by a new name in the marriage certificate due to local law. How will cic take this other name issue?

tobs

VIP Member
May 25, 2018
Nigeria
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
10-07-2018
AOR Received.
10-07-2018
Passport Req..
04-01-2019
Thanks Tobs!!
My main question was name issue of my spouse. Her current name will be accompanied by a new name in the marriage certificate due to local law. How will cic take this other name issue?
Okay so if you can get a new passport reflecting the all the names in the marriage certificate, good.
If not, then that's not really an issue, an affidavit of name change should solve that since most women change their names after getting married anyways.
Similarly I'm assuming the names on her degree certificate are also different from the Marriage certificate.
Get your affidavit & explain in a letter.

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
I don't think that will be an issue if the passport is issued at an earlier date.
Probably she can make a one and same person affidavit, and include all such document names where they mismatch, also a letter of explanation with details should suffice.
I would suggest to submit the application and marry later and then you can add her to the application after marriage, just to avoid complications.

Hi all, Pls Help!!!

Reactions: tobs

shajib

Aug 14, 2018
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-11-2018
I don't think that will be an issue if the passport is issued at an earlier date.
Probably she can make a one and same person affidavit, and include all such document names where they mismatch, also a letter of explanation with details should suffice.
I would suggest to submit the application and marry later and then you can add her to the application after marriage, just to avoid complications.
Many thanks bootsal!
Now if I continue my application as single and eventually get COPR and later on I get married with her and inform Cic, would it raise doubt in the eye of visa officer? Is it possible that my COPR get rejected too? how long would it take to reissue visa? Again many thanks!

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Many thanks bootsal!
Now if I continue my application as single and eventually get COPR and later on I get married with her and inform Cic, would it raise doubt in the eye of visa officer? Is it possible that my COPR get rejected too? how long would it take to reissue visa? Again many thanks!
If you get married after copr and before landing, you will have to inform ircc about your marriage which will eventually delay the copr. ( You need to inform ircc about change in situation as and when it changes)
If you get married post submitting the docs to ircc, you will still have to inform ircc and they will ask for your wife's docs and your application will be processed accordingly.

Ircc have no reason to doubt your marriage timing. Till the time you applied and submit docs as single you are good to go. People will get married.
Make sure you be truthful about your situation to ircc. That's all.

Processing timeline differ, you will have to check ircc website for your application type.

Reactions: shajib

shajib

Aug 14, 2018
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-11-2018
Again many thanks bootsal for your prompt reply!!
pls clarify one more thing. Will ircc ask for photos of marriage rituals or wedding reception? We will not be doing any rituals/reception (only thru attending marriage register) since her family does not have consent in this marriage. In this case, how can I make them believe?

bootsal

Nov 3, 2015
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
New delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
29/03/2017
Nomination.....
21/2/2017
AOR Received.
30/03/2017
File Transfer...
16/10/2017
Med's Done....
21/06/2018
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2019
LANDED..........
21-02-2019
Again many thanks bootsal for your prompt reply!!
pls clarify one more thing. Will ircc ask for photos of marriage rituals or wedding reception? We will not be doing any rituals/reception (only thru attending marriage register) since her family does not have consent in this marriage. In this case, how can I make them believe?
Marriage certificate from the registrar office is more than sufficient.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Marriage certificate from the registrar office is more than sufficient.
Your options:

1) Marriage before submitting eAPR

Pro: Marriage cert will suffice
Con: CRS will be recalculated as married

2) Marriage after eAPR

Pro: CRS will not be recalculated
Con: Marriage photos are usually required when you add your spouse

Reactions: shajib and bootsal

shajib

Aug 14, 2018
Category........
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
06-11-2018
Your options:

1) Marriage before submitting eAPR

Pro: Marriage cert will suffice
Con: CRS will be recalculated as married

2) Marriage after eAPR

Pro: CRS will not be recalculated
Con: Marriage photos are usually required when you add your spouse
Many Thanks iamxty!!
If I get married after COPR, and request cic to add my spouse but cic somehow disapproves, in that case will they reject my copr too?

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Many Thanks iamxty!!
If I get married after COPR, and request cic to add my spouse but cic somehow disapproves, in that case will they reject my copr too?
If your spouse is inadmissible to Canada, yes, you will not receive a new COPR