+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intended work in Canada / Job Offer

Shaunak sharma

Sep 10, 2019
Hi all,

I was finishing off my PR submission but wanted to check something.

I'm already working in full time, skilled job here (not LMIA assessed) in Canada (2 year visa) but when completing the Intended work in Canada section, should I put that I do or don't have a job offer?

Intended work in Canada
Do you have a job offer in Canada?

The offer must:
  • be for full-time and for at least one year
  • meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
  • be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.

Yes or No....

I don't have a job offer, I have a job
Hey bro....I am doing the skilled job in canada since last 3 months.....I do have the job offer letter...but I am on PGWP (not LMAI) and claiming PR points under 1 year skilled experience in India....should i Put yes or no in intended work in canada?

Mshimpi

Star Member
Feb 7, 2018
Toronto, ON
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
02-07-2020
AOR Received.
02-07-2020

balisboss

Aug 12, 2020
Hi all

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In need your help. I put "yes" for valid job offer even though I was on PGWP and I got ITA, now I realized that I should have answered as "no".
I didn't get any additional points for it as I put "no" for LMIA.
Now after ITA I changed it to "no" and points remain same should I continue this way or do I need to submit a LOE or decline my ITA and get a new ITA. Please if somebody can let me know.

Thanks
Hey simar,
What did you end up doing with your application? Did you change it no and include an LOE or leave it as is? I'm in the same situation and trying to determine what may the best way to proceed.

Thanks in Advance.

balisboss

Aug 12, 2020
Hi,

I just got my Biometrics request letter. So the application is still being processed. So I guess all we can do is wait and hope for the best. I don't think it will cause an issue. Fingers Crossed.
Hello,
Did you receive any updates on your application?

Thanks

ashlee2805

Aug 30, 2020
Hi,
I am unable to claim 50 points on my job. I did my Masters in BC, am on open work permit, I have 1.5 years of work experience within the same company and I fall under NOC A category. I have valid job offer, LOE and no LMIA required for this. How do I claim 50 points. Someone please help me out.

Thanks in advance.

OnceMore

Star Member
Sep 2, 2018
Ottawa
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
17-09-2020
AOR Received.
17-09-2020
Hi,
I am unable to claim 50 points on my job. I did my Masters in BC, am on open work permit, I have 1.5 years of work experience within the same company and I fall under NOC A category. I have valid job offer, LOE and no LMIA required for this. How do I claim 50 points. Someone please help me out.

Thanks in advance.
Is the Open WP because of your Masters in BC? If yes then I am afraid you cannot claim 50pts for Offer Letter/Arranged Employment. See here for details:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/documents/offer-employment.html

Look at the 3 bullet points under
It also must be made :

Stellaw

Sep 17, 2020
Hey simar,
What did you end up doing with your application? Did you change it no and include an LOE or leave it as is? I'm in the same situation and trying to determine what may the best way to proceed.

Thanks in Advance.
Hey Balisboss, I am on the same boat with you and nor sure which is the best way to proceed. Is there any update on your application?

Thanks

Jay_patel@23

Nov 4, 2019
Hey Balisboss, I am on the same boat with you and nor sure which is the best way to proceed. Is there any update on your application?

Thanks
Hey stellw,
I have done the same mistake. What did you do at the end? We can just add LOE as we haven’t claim any point for LMIA( additional 50 point).
I hope to get reply from you.
Thanks

Jay_patel@23

Nov 4, 2019
Hi All,

I'm a little concerned relating to this problem. I recently submitted my application with the answer "Yes". However, I was under the assumption that it was asking for my current position. I do not get a boost for points by answering this question, regardless of the answer. But I would like to know what I should do now, since I have already submitted this application. Should I be concerned?

Thanks

Jay_patel@23

Nov 4, 2019
Hi,

Thank you for the help. I am in the same situation and a bit concerned towards changing the profile after it was submitted although it did not change my CRS score. Do you happen to know anyone with the same situation and got PR successfully ? Thank you.
Hello,
I have done the same mistake. We can just add LOE. Am I right as I haven’t claim any additional point for LMIA. Plus, I have OINP approval with additional 600 point. So when I applied for OINP, they did not create any problem with same Express entry profile.
I hope to get reply as soon as possible.
Thank you.

Jay_patel@23

Nov 4, 2019
Hi All,

I'm a little concerned relating to this problem. I recently submitted my application with the answer "Yes". However, I was under the assumption that it was asking for my current position. I do not get a boost for points by answering this question, regardless of the answer. But I would like to know what I should do now, since I have already submitted this application. Should I be concerned?

Thanks
Hello,
I have done same mistake. Can you guide me what you have done please. You have submitted your profile in month of April . So you may have right answer. I haven’t claim any point for LMIA ( additional 50 point). Plus, I have OINP approval with 600 points. When I submitted profile for OINP, they did not create any issue with same express entry profile. So for ITA submission, I can just put No And add LOE? Am I right? Bcz point is not issue for me and I did not claim any point for LMIA. I just put yes intended work in Canada section and no for LMIA.
I hope to get reply from you as soon as possible.
Thank you.

Stellaw

Sep 17, 2020
Hey stellw,
I have done the same mistake. What did you do at the end? We can just add LOE as we haven’t claim any point for LMIA( additional 50 point).
I hope to get reply from you.
Thanks
Hey,
I've just submitted my application without providing LOE of the modification. Some experienced consultants told me if we didn't get any additional point on this, the officers don't care much. Besides it's based on which program you are under. Mine is CEC and the most important documents are employment record and education history. A non-LMIA employment offer can't be more optional.
And people say it's very normal that our info changes from when we entered the pool at the beginning. I found out that some people changes their funding support to be 0 without LOE when they got invited so that they won't need to submit a financial support document, which is not important for CEC applicants. As long as the score is the same and there isn't misinterpretation on your honesty, you'll be fine.
If you are still worried, you could still attach an LOE. You could also ask IRCC representatives for ref before deciding what to do.

Wish us the best luck.

Reactions: asppats12

dzala

Mar 13, 2021
Hi All,

Thanks
Hello, did you receive your PR successfully? I made the same mistake and now I don’t know what to do. Please let me know about your processes step by step. Thank you