+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intended work in Canada / Job Offer

muley7

Feb 26, 2018
Hi all,

I was finishing off my PR submission but wanted to check something.

I'm already working in full time, skilled job here (not LMIA assessed) in Canada (2 year visa) but when completing the Intended work in Canada section, should I put that I do or don't have a job offer?

Intended work in Canada
Do you have a job offer in Canada?

The offer must:
  • be for full-time and for at least one year
  • meet different requirements depending on type of job (i.e. some need apprenticeships and certification) and
  • be non-seasonal for Federal Skilled Workers.

Yes or No....

I don't have a job offer, I have a job

shannon388

Dec 15, 2017
I have bolded the parts which might apply to you

A valid job offer has to be:

• made by one employer
  • continuous
  • paid
  • full-time (at least 30 hours a week)
  • for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
    • not seasonal
    • not on a contract basis
  • in a job that is NOC:
    • Skill Type 0 or
    • Skill Levels A or B
It also must be made :

• by an employer with a new positive LMIA that approves the offer and names you and your position OR
  • if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
    • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident OR
  • if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
    • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
    • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
    • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
(from https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/offer-employment.html)

EDIT: my guess is "NO", since if your current job offer is for 2 years, you cannot satisfy both the last 2 conditions (unless you have prior work experience with your current employer, or a new offer to extend your appointment)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Note that an Open Work Permit does not meet this criteria as stated, in that no specific employer is named.

muley7

Feb 26, 2018
Thanks @shannon388 and @zardoz

My job is permanent (not explicitly contingent on my visa expiry). I may answer yes and include the letter of employment as well as an explanatory that I'm including this to be safe. I don't get any CRS points for it, anyway

asppats12

Sep 30, 2019
Hi All,

I'm a little concerned relating to this problem. I recently submitted my application with the answer "Yes". However, I was under the assumption that it was asking for my current position. I do not get a boost for points by answering this question, regardless of the answer. But I would like to know what I should do now, since I have already submitted this application. Should I be concerned?

Thanks

simar14708

Star Member
Mar 20, 2014
Hi all

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In need your help. I put "yes" for valid job offer even though I was on PGWP and I got ITA, now I realized that I should have answered as "no".
I didn't get any additional points for it as I put "no" for LMIA.
Now after ITA I changed it to "no" and points remain same should I continue this way or do I need to submit a LOE or decline my ITA and get a new ITA. Please if somebody can let me know.

Thanks

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi all

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In need your help. I put "yes" for valid job offer even though I was on PGWP and I got ITA, now I realized that I should have answered as "no".
I didn't get any additional points for it as I put "no" for LMIA.
Now after ITA I changed it to "no" and points remain same should I continue this way or do I need to submit a LOE or decline my ITA and get a new ITA. Please if somebody can let me know.

Thanks
You can accept the ITA. Just include an LOE.

Reactions: jes_ON

devjange

Jun 13, 2020
Hi All,

I'm a little concerned relating to this problem. I recently submitted my application with the answer "Yes". However, I was under the assumption that it was asking for my current position. I do not get a boost for points by answering this question, regardless of the answer. But I would like to know what I should do now, since I have already submitted this application. Should I be concerned?

Thanks
Hi Did you get your PR in the end..? I am in the same boat and just wondering what i should do.

devjange

Jun 13, 2020
You can accept the ITA. Just include an LOE.
Hi,

Thank you for the help. I am in the same situation and a bit concerned towards changing the profile after it was submitted although it did not change my CRS score. Do you happen to know anyone with the same situation and got PR successfully ? Thank you.

devjange

Jun 13, 2020
Then answer "no"
Hi,

Thank you for the help. I am in the same situation and a bit concerned towards changing the profile after it was submitted although it did not change my CRS score. Do you happen to know anyone with the same situation and got PR successfully ? Thank you.

devjange

Jun 13, 2020
I have bolded the parts which might apply to you

A valid job offer has to be:

• made by one employer
  • continuous
  • paid
  • full-time (at least 30 hours a week)
  • for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
    • not seasonal
    • not on a contract basis
  • in a job that is NOC:
    • Skill Type 0 or
    • Skill Levels A or B
It also must be made :

• by an employer with a new positive LMIA that approves the offer and names you and your position OR
  • if you’re currently working in Canada in a NOC 0, A or B job on a work permit that was issued based on an LMIA, and:
    • you’re working for an employer listed on your work permit
    • you’re authorized to work in Canada on the day you apply for a permanent resident visa, and when the visa is issued
    • your current employer made you an offer to give you a full-time job for at least one year if you’re accepted as a permanent resident OR
  • if you have a valid work permit for a NOC 0, A or B job that is exempt from needing an LMIA, and you:
    • are currently working for an employer specified on the work permit
    • have one year of full-time work experience (or an equal amount of part-time work) for that employer
    • have a valid job offer from that employer for at least one year after we issue your permanent resident visa
(from https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/eligibility/offer-employment.html)

EDIT: my guess is "NO", since if your current job offer is for 2 years, you cannot satisfy both the last 2 conditions (unless you have prior work experience with your current employer, or a new offer to extend your appointment)
Hi,

asppats12

Sep 30, 2019
Hi Did you get your PR in the end..? I am in the same boat and just wondering what i should do.
Hi,

I just got my Biometrics request letter. So the application is still being processed. So I guess all we can do is wait and hope for the best. I don't think it will cause an issue. Fingers Crossed.