+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Intended Occupation is different compared to my base occupation

issuetree

Aug 19, 2015
Hello,
Can someone please evaluate if I did the right thing?

Details

CRS - 481

Background - Electrical & Electronics engineer (NOC code - 2133) with about 4.5 years work ex. Completed masters in business in Canada and intend to work in Business Consulting (NOC code - 1122). Have a job offer matching the intended NOC code, without LMIA. Will start working on Post Graduate Work Permit.

Question - My base NOC code is different from the intended NOC code. I have filled in the forms as per above. Will this be a problem? Has anyone faced a similar situation?

Thanks,

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Should not be a problem. Just ensure your Primary NOC matches your work experience.

rico251

Mar 22, 2014
Cagayan de Oro City
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Good day sorry for hijacking your thread my inquiry is similar to yours. I just thought I don't want to make another thread for my inquiry to make the forum clean.

I would like to ask a question, I am a nurse here in the Philippines. Am I legible to work as a caregiver/baby sitter in Canada? As far as I know they have different NOC code. Although I have work experience in pediatric patients in the Philippines, I want to know if will I be able to work as a caregiver/babysitter. My potential employer is my brother who is already in Canada by the way. And soon they will get an LMA to hire me. I am thinking that instead of going for temporary work permit I could go for express entry with my brother as my employer.

My edacuation assessment is still for evaluation as of this time. Hope you enlighten me.

issuetree

Aug 19, 2015
Asivad Anac said:
Should not be a problem. Just ensure your Primary NOC matches your work experience.
Thank you Asivad Anac. You're a rockstar!
I made sure that the text of work experience letter matches the responsibilities of my primary NOC code.
Cheers,