+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inside Medical exam OUTLAND question

J

jnb845

Hi, I live in Canada now.
I'm planing to apply for sponsorship and PR in early November as an OUTLAND process.
But when it's time to undergo medical exam in Canada, I'm so confused.
Is there any problem when I do the medical exam inside Canada with OUTLAND process form??
For example, DMP(designated medical practitioner) have many different forms.
Or should I go back to my country and do the medical exam there?

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
Not to worry. I did my medical exam in Canada and applied outland. I do not remember if the forms are different, but be sure to tell the DMP that you are outland and signify your visa processing office (mine was Buffalo) on the receipt form that you both have to mail in. The doctor sends one copy, you send another with your PR application and they get used to match your results to your app together later in the process.

QCSunshine

Aug 25, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied outland and did the exam in Canada. I even did it with the inland form (because I thought I was going to apply inland at the time) and it still worked out okay when I ended up applying outland. The only thing you need to be careful about it is to make sure you get the Original IMM 1017 Copy 2, mentioned on the checklist because that is not given for inland applications (they only give the receipt). Because the immigration exams they do in Canada seem to be more often for inland applications, it was hard to find someone who knew what that form was. They kept trying to tell me I didn't need it and that they weren't allowed to give it to me. I finally found someone who could help me though, and it worked out fine. Maybe bring the CIC checklist with you when you go, to show what the form is and that you do indeed need it to go in your application.