+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INQUIRY

Hampton

Apr 14, 2020
Hi guys, so my EE profile score is 474 and I was found eligible for CEC and FSW. I finished my MBA in April 2018 and during my last semester of jan to april 2018, I got 2 jobs and was working both of them fulltime. I.e 40 hours/ week because it was my last semester and was doing 3 courses online and 1 in class hence making my semester part time thus eligible to work fulltime.While filling my profile should I consider this experience . Please note I was still on a study permit which permitted me to work off campus. I later applied for my work permit in may and received my work permit in july. But prior to this i was already working fulltime. Should i include my work experience right from jan 2018???

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi guys, so my EE profile score is 474 and I was found eligible for CEC and FSW. I finished my MBA in April 2018 and during my last semester of jan to april 2018, I got 2 jobs and was working both of them fulltime. I.e 40 hours/ week because it was my last semester and was doing 3 courses online and 1 in class hence making my semester part time thus eligible to work fulltime.While filling my profile should I consider this experience . Please note I was still on a study permit which permitted me to work off campus. I later applied for my work permit in may and received my work permit in july. But prior to this i was already working fulltime. Should i include my work experience right from jan 2018???
1) You were not eligible to work full time in your last semester. You were only eligible to work a maximum of 20 hours a week. If you worked 40 hours per week and both jobs were off campus, then you worked illegally.
2) No, you cannot count this work experience towards PR. You can only count work experience gained from the date you applied for a PGWP.

Reactions: Hampton

Hampton

Apr 14, 2020
1) You were not eligible to work full time in your last semester. You were only eligible to work a maximum of 20 hours a week. If you worked 40 hours per week and both jobs were off campus, then you worked illegally.
2) No, you cannot count this work experience towards PR. You can only count work experience gained from the date you applied for a PGWP.
Spoke to my international students advisor and he told me it was okay to work fulltime since it was my last semester and considering I was not in fulltime school.

Hampton

Apr 14, 2020
In other words all work experience gained throughout my school right from 2016 doesnt count at all in this case. Also would immigration notice if I travelled home for a month in between my 1 year of work experience after school but still claiming hours for the full year??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Spoke to my international students advisor and he told me it was okay to work fulltime since it was my last semester and considering I was not in fulltime school.
Sadly you were given wrong information. Here's the authoritative source (IRCC):

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/campus-work.html

Full-time students with a part-time course load in their final academic session
Students who have maintained full-time status for the duration of their program of study, and who only require a part-time course load in their final academic session in order to complete their program of study, may work off campus up to 20 hours per week during their final academic session.

Hampton

Apr 14, 2020
Sadly you were given wrong information. Here's the authoritative source (IRCC):

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/campus-work.html

Full-time students with a part-time course load in their final academic session
Students who have maintained full-time status for the duration of their program of study, and who only require a part-time course load in their final academic session in order to complete their program of study, may work off campus up to 20 hours per week during their final academic session.
Thank you for this

Hampton

Apr 14, 2020
There was a draw today. And Crs cut off point was at 455. However mine is 474 but I did not receive an ITA? I have CEC for 1year but I'm not in the country at the moment. Could it be that I was not invited because I'm outside the country at the moment?????

Wotsit

Dec 14, 2019
Canada
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
29-01-2020
AOR Received.
13-02-2020
Med's Done....
17-03-2020
Passport Req..
15-10-2020
VISA ISSUED...
01-12-2021
LANDED..........
03-12-2021
The invitations to apply can take a few hours to come through, be patient.
Make sure your profile is up to date with your correct information. Looking at your post further up, I imagine immigration can check your travel history so if you left the country to go home for a month they will probably notice.

Hampton

Apr 14, 2020
Hello,
So while filling my EE under work experience i included a NOC C job which i wont be claiming points for and I have already received an ITA my question is does the crs calculator count points for a noc C job or it automatically disregards Noc C jobs.
Secondly, now that I already received an iTA will they ask for letters for this Noc C job or they wont since it's not considered among the accepted NOCs for PR application.
Lastly, I also included my spouse's work experience yet I'm not going to claim any points from her, will they also ask for her letters? One of her jobs was self employed what proof do they need for this.

I have not Accepted the ITA yet..any advise will be much appreciated