+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inquiry on Visitors Visa

Madel E

Aug 15, 2022
Alberta, Canada
Category........
AINP
Hi
I applied for a tourist visa for my mom, so she could stat here in canada for 6months. I was just surprise that she was requested to have a medical, i have receive a letter from IRCC saying that she needs a medical (non-EDE) I ak not sure why, do they request medical now for tourist visa application?

ryvinson

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hi
I applied for a tourist visa for my mom, so she could stat here in canada for 6months. I was just surprise that she was requested to have a medical, i have receive a letter from IRCC saying that she needs a medical (non-EDE) I ak not sure why, do they request medical now for tourist visa application?
It’s the IRCC’s discretion to ask for anything.

cansha

VIP Member
Aug 1, 2018
Hi
It may be based on medical history questions that they ask in visitor visa application.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi
It is quite common for seniors and especially in areas where communicable diseases are more common.