+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inquiry about entry of Canada

darrenooo

Oct 2, 2020
Hi everyone, I’m from Hong Kong and my study permit was approved by May 2020. I wonder that could I enter into Canada if I come from the US? I live in Hong Kong currently, is it possible that I go to the US firstly, and stay over a night, then go to Canada? I don’t have a supporting letter from school. And I will attend English class from Jan- April, 2021, my major subject is followed by. Thank you and wish u guys all the best.

Reactions: Muhonzajudy

Sep 15, 2020
Not really sure if you can do this, since you don’t have supporting letter. But there’s a guy in this forum who is in the same situation as you. He successfully entered Canada from US. You can go check previous threads

Reactions: darrenooo

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Just to add that generally not advisable if your course does not start until January to arrive before say end November/ begin December and to be prepared to show that you can support yourself in the time leading upto the start of your course. This is normal recommendation regardless of the COVID challenges with travel

darrenooo

Oct 2, 2020
Just to add that generally not advisable if your course does not start until January to arrive before say end November/ begin December and to be prepared to show that you can support yourself in the time leading upto the start of your course. This is normal recommendation regardless of the COVID challenges with travel
Thank you!! Yes I am planning to fly to Canada on December....I hope we can entry to Canada on that time. Haha

ayesha_llk2

Aug 11, 2020
Hi everyone, I’m from Hong Kong and my study permit was approved by May 2020. I wonder that could I enter into Canada if I come from the US? I live in Hong Kong currently, is it possible that I go to the US firstly, and stay over a night, then go to Canada? I don’t have a supporting letter from school. And I will attend English class from Jan- April, 2021, my major subject is followed by. Thank you and wish u guys all the best.
was your permit stamped in hong kong ?

Lksin

Sep 20, 2020
Hey. Im in the same situation as you and also from HK. I started my program last month already, but for sure I still want to enter Canada before my next hybrid format semester start too. I am also planning to enter Canada through US if there is no update policy for us before Jan, I have to choose this only way. However, I saw the previous threads in this forum, the guy successfully entered BC, he landed Seattle and then drove to the land border, he told me the possibility of entering Canada might depends on which province that you would enter, because of different political stand point. Since Im going to Toronto ON, that might be more risky.

darrenooo

Oct 2, 2020
Hey. Im in the same situation as you and also from HK. I started my program last month already, but for sure I still want to enter Canada before my next hybrid format semester start too. I am also planning to enter Canada through US if there is no update policy for us before Jan, I have to choose this only way. However, I saw the previous threads in this forum, the guy successfully entered BC, he landed Seattle and then drove to the land border, he told me the possibility of entering Canada might depends on which province that you would enter, because of different political stand point. Since Im going to Toronto ON, that might be more risky.
I see. Thanks for your info. Add oil

ouchhhrage

Oct 2, 2020
Hi, I am also going to Toronto too. I have also started my program, and hoping to enter in October or November. From what I saw on the official website, timezone may be considered non-discretionary as a student. ( https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students.html#exemptions ) I also saw another post talking about this before.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/international-students-wanting-to-enter-canada-during-covid-important-change.697569/

It looks possible and legal to do that?

Lksin

Sep 20, 2020
I also tried to clarify and make sure it is possible as it said travelling directly from US is exempt from the restrictions. Therefore I asked IRCC through twitter, but they seem tried to ignore or skip answering this question, this is a loophole. Just want to make sure does it have to be a US citizen or stay there for a certain period.

Lksin

Sep 20, 2020
Hi, I am also going to Toronto too. I have also started my program, and hoping to enter in October or November. From what I saw on the official website, timezone may be considered non-discretionary as a student. ( https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/students.html#exemptions ) I also saw another post talking about this before.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/international-students-wanting-to-enter-canada-during-covid-important-change.697569/

It looks possible and legal to do that?
That's also my plan too, I would like to enter in this month, cause it is the best timing to move there during the study week.
Is your program offer online course or in person for next semester?

ouchhhrage

Oct 2, 2020
Yeah same with you. My school did announce that most of the programs will be delivered online but not sure for my course yet. I am supposed to have my placements next semester, but who knows haha