July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
rusbear said:
Good news!!!
Decision made !!!
AND I got a call from local CIC, my landing interview on March 8!!!
Congrats

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
rusbear said:
Good news!!!
Decision made !!!
AND I got a call from local CIC, my landing interview on March 8!!!
aiya...it took 2 years for u. Congrats! Enjoy!

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
Congrats Asta !

Congrats Rusbear!

What great news..this year is really starting off with a bang ;D

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Janadian said:
Congrats Asta !

Congrats Rusbear!

What great news..this year is really starting off with a bang ;D
thanks Janadian! good luck to u!!

Canadagirl85

Star Member
Jan 3, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
23/12/10
Interview........
Waved
So we sent our application today. After first stage of approval is it really another 9 months ? :S

Inlandappl

Jul 21, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Canadagirl85 said:
So we sent our application today. After first stage of approval is it really another 9 months ? :S
Yes, thats what they say on the website. Hope they employ more people at CIC so hopefully your application will go faster.....

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
I called CIC call centre this morning , they say once they have made a background/security decision I will be appoved ! :D Feeling positive now :)

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Canadagirl85 said:
i landed after 4 months after AIP.
it depends on officers working with ur file, and how fast they get background checks done etc.

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
eyeoftheocean said:
I called CIC call centre this morning , they say once they have made a background/security decision I will be appoved ! :D Feeling positive now :)
Eye, you inspired me to call immigration and I was advised that they are still doing background/security checks for Canada and international, but if I have not received anything or heard from them by the last week of May I am to call them back. Hopefully I will have heard something by then and that is less than the 9 months for second stage that they are currently showing. So at least that is some news and I hope that the background checks come through. Pays to call every now and then (May still call before then lol). Thank you!

Good luck everyone!!! Stay positive!!

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
kiwikris said:
Eye, you inspired me to call immigration and I was advised that they are still doing background/security checks for Canada and international, but if I have not received anything or heard from them by the last week of May I am to call them back. Hopefully I will have heard something by then and that is less than the 9 months for second stage that they are currently showing. So at least that is some news and I hope that the background checks come through. Pays to call every now and then (May still call before then lol). Thank you!

Good luck everyone!!! Stay positive!!
Your very welcome ;) I have to be brave too , I feel like im being a pest , but am very anxious now . I had a reply from Jason Kenny's office too last week, standard letter of course, basically saying , leave the visa office people alone they are being disrupted while they could be finalizing cases :eek: and at the end of his letter he says' your application and security are under review :D

sounds like you and me may land around same time :D and what made me so happy is the dude at CIC says 'YOU WILL BE APPROVED when background checks have a decision.... ;D :D

niseguy

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
TIMELINE BELOW

APPLICATION WAS SENT IN SEPTEMBER 2009
TRANSFERED TO MISSISSAUGA LOCAL OFFICE WITHOUT AIP AUGUST 2010
CALLED FOR INTERVIEW JULY 2010
AIP GRANTED JULY 2010

TODAY WE RECEIVED A MAIL STATING "THIS REFERS TO UR APPLICATION FOR CANADA RECIDENE FROM WITHIN CANADA. ON JULY 2010 A REPRSENTATIVE OF THE MINISTER OF CITIZENSHIP N IMMIGRATION GRANTED YOU APPROVAL IN PRINCIPLE TO ALLOW PROCESSING OF YOUR APPLICATION FOR PR FROM WITHIN CANADA....

AFTER REVIEWING YOUR FILE IT IS NOTICED THAT WE ARE MISSING THE FOLLOWING

*A VALID PASSPORT ONLY FROM YOUR EMBASSY/CONSULATE IN OATTAWA

*RIGHT OF PR FEE. PLZ SUBMIT A MONEY ORDER OR CERTIFIED CHEQUE IN THE AMOUNTH OF 490 PAYABLE TO THE RECEIVER GENERAL FOR CANADA.

FAILURE TO PROVIDE THIS INFORMATION WITHIN 30 DAYS RESULT IN A DECISION BEING REDERED IN REGARDS TO YOUR ABILITY TO MEET THE STATUTORY REQUIREMENT.

NOW THE PROBLEM IS PASSPORT MACHINE IN MY EMBASSY HAS BEEN OUT OF SERVICE FOR SOME TIME NOW...I CALLED THEM AND I AM TRAVELLING TO OTTAWA TOMORROW TO GET A LETTER FROM THE CONSULATE EXPLAINING WHY I CANT BE ISSUED PASSPORT.

I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE EVER SEEN A SETUATION WHERE SOMEONE WAS LANDED WITHOUT PASSPORT.

akinmike

Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

Please I need your input.

I applied inland PR for my family in Jan, 2011.

Application returned in March 4, 2011 for missing Docs.

Application resubmitted on March 4,2011 with the missing docs.

Please do you have any idea when this is going to be approved since I have been a canadain Citizen with a professional job for more than 8 years.

Note that we applied for work permit and extenssion of Visitor visa at the same time. Though, the visitor visa will expire in November, 2011.

Material

Feb 16, 2011
akinmike said:
Hi All,

Please I need your input.

I applied inland PR for my family in Jan, 2011.

Application returned in March 4, 2011 for missing Docs.

Application resubmitted on March 4,2011 with the missing docs.

Please do you have any idea when this is going to be approved since I have been a canadain Citizen with a professional job for more than 8 years.

Note that we applied for work permit and extenssion of Visitor visa at the same time. Though, the visitor visa will expire in November, 2011.

It takes 9-10 months to get first stage approval (AIP) that is if there is nothing wrong with your applications there are some cases where applications are transfered to the local office for further processing and this might lead to an interview which would add more time in retaining AIP if you get AIP it takes another 9 months to do background and security checks sometimes more and sometimes less depends on the applicants background.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

Cheers

toxicair

Star Member
Dec 2, 2010
I just wanted to introduce myself on here and of course I have a couple of questions lol

Okay, first off I’ll start with a little background. I met my fiancé in early 2009 online, we started dating in October 2009. We met for the first time in person in June 2010. When I arrived he proposed to me and I said yes. While staying with him for two months we decided to get me to stay with him because we couldn’t handle the thought of leaving each other. So we did some research and since I am South African, we looked for info on this South African forum for people migrating to Canada and unfortunately there were some really negative people telling me that there was no way I could stay and telling us that spousal wouldn’t work for us. We were under pressure since time was running out. So we decided for me to come back here so I can finish my studies. The day I was supposed to leave Canada, we immediately decided for me to come back as soon possible. So now I am ready to go back even though I have another year to complete at university I just cannot stand not being with him anymore.

So now I am planning on coming to Canada (Manitoba) next month and we plan on getting married in June/July and then applying for spousal. I am applying for a multiple entry visa this week. When is the best time to apply for spousal sponsorship after we get married? Has anyone gotten married in Canada or more specifically Manitoba? I just wanted to know how long to wait to get married after I arrive and how long to wait to apply after we get married?

I most definitely want to send an application for an Open Work Permit along with my PR application. Do I just send it along with that in the same package? Also how much extra will that be? Also I will sign up for the ECAS tracker (how much is that by the way?)

Concerning sending them proof, Up until now we have a crapload of Facebook messages we sent each other, chat logs, pictures we took together, we have letters we wrote by hand, we have my flight tickets showing that I went to visit him and actually returned here, bus tickets, I have texts on my phone still, he has his phone bills. We skype and video call each other every day so I don’t know how we’ll be able to prove that. Is there anything else I will need to provide? Letters from friends and family perhaps?

Okay, so when applying for the application, I am going to get my local police clearance certificate this week. When should I go get my police clearance in Canada? I have also read some posts about a FBI clearance which I am confused about (please clarify this for me) . I also know they will want to know what I’ve been up to for the last 10 years. I’m 21 right now and I’ve been in school since 10 years back when I was 11 lol then 6 years later I completed high school. Ater that, I have been studying at a university up until now. I have also worked part-time here and there and have been living with my parents since 10 years back (the same address).

Also how long does getting medicals take? When is the best time to do it if we get married in June and want to apply in I don’t know, maybe July?

INTERVIEWS! If this happens where are they held? And what on earth do they ask? It sounds so scary.

Is there ANYTHING I am missing?

It saddens a person thinking of the long wait because it’s a dreadful thought thinking about how my fiancé-soon to be husband will have to work alone and everything. I really wish there was a way I could help. However, the wait is definitely worth it.

Thank you for your time and please get back to me as soon as you can.
Sincerely,
toxicair

akinmike

Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Material said:
Please let me know if after the first stage of AIP approval will they issue work permit and offered health insurance?

It takes 9-10 months to get first stage approval (AIP) that is if there is nothing wrong with your applications there are some cases where applications are transfered to the local office for further processing and this might lead to an interview which would add more time in retaining AIP if you get AIP it takes another 9 months to do background and security checks sometimes more and sometimes less depends on the applicants background.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp

Cheers