18-Jul-2011
Passport Req..
20-Jan-2012
VISA ISSUED...
30-Jan-2012
LANDED..........
4-Feb-2012
sgnv,

Did you wait for the AIP or you got them before.

I been thinking about getting them as soon as I get a hold of my file number to speed up the process

Islenio

sgnv

Star Member
Jun 11, 2010
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/01/2010
islenio said:
sgnv,

Did you wait for the AIP or you got them before.
I got a letter from CIC requesting the Police Certificate before granting me with the AIP, (I already include the Police Certificate when I sent my application, although it has expired and the agent wants a new one), my suggestion is to wait until CIC requests the Police Certificate if you did not include yours in the application, 'cause when you'll get the AIP (it means that your sponsor has been approved) CIC will notify you if you need to send your fingerprints to the Embassy of Canada in Mex.

Better to call CIC and ask for their advise.

joce288

Star Member
Nov 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My status on E-CAS has said "Decision Made" since I received AIP August 4th..does anyone know if that means I was also granted residency but they're just waiting for my FBI Clearance or..? I'm only asking because everyone else who's only received AIP seems to still have an "In Process" status..so it confuses me that mine is different.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
joce288 said:
My status on E-CAS has said "Decision Made" since I received AIP August 4th..does anyone know if that means I was also granted residency but they're just waiting for my FBI Clearance or..? I'm only asking because everyone else who's only received AIP seems to still have an "In Process" status..so it confuses me that mine is different.
what does your full timeline say?

joce288

Star Member
Nov 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asta said:
what does your full timeline say?
This is exactly what it says on my E-Cas after clicking on "Decision Made"

We received your application for permanent residence on November 27, 2009.

We started processing your application on February 10, 2010.

We sent you medical instructions on August 4, 2010 to -. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on August 4, 2010 to - about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

I only received one letter addressed to me about a week later, asking for my medicals (although already sent) FBI Clearance and my son's birth certificate since he was born after my app was sent & it stating that I received AIP and then my husband got his letter confirming his sponsorship was approved. All 3 have been sent..

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Joce- I would think "decision made" is a good thing? But then if it has been there since you got AIP I am not sure what that would mean. I would call CIC and see what they say....could be good news!!!! :) Also to confirm if you were to receive any other mail as maybe it didn't arrive or wasn;t sent to the right place??

I had a friend who got their PR but it was sent to the worng address even though they had the correct one on file, luckily thay called in and found this out otherwise who knows how long it may have taken. They were travelling to the US and had to get a friend to send them the card once it arrived so they could get back into Canada. :)

Good luck I hope you have PR! :)

chandu007

Jan 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Question- when can I see the status on ecas for the first time? Like how many months after application filing date? Thanks.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chandu007 said:
Question- when can I see the status on ecas for the first time? Like how many months after application filing date? Thanks.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/index.asp >> I need to... >> Check Application Status

Some people are able to check their status on line within 2-3 months after sending in the application but some aren't. If you have a Client ID from a previous visa extension you may be able to use it.
Even for those who can see their status online it doesn't say much besides IN PROCESS, when you reach the 9 months mark then you can expect something more meaningful so don't worry ... you aren't missing much :)

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
Where have all the inlanders gone?
How are all of you doing lately? Any updates?

Only one I got is that it is 4 months today that they received our app and hopefully only 5 more months to go until we get good news.
Yay! Also, I will hopefully be changing my name on my passport soon but I got to wait at least a couple more days for hubby to get paid. I also need new pictures taken, I am sure these won't look too good. Lol.

kiwikris

Oct 23, 2010
Ottawa, On
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville and Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-01-2010
AOR Received.
25-10-10
Med's Done....
18-09-2009
LANDED..........
08 Sep 2011
Hi Love_young,
Yay you are at 4 months!! Nearly half way and hopfully they process first stage faster for you. ;D

Still here, just waiting for security and background checks!!! It says 9 months wait time now on the website so I only have 8 more months to go!!! Not sure if anyone who has applied inland this year has PR yet??? Anyone???

I am hoping though that we all get a nice Christmas present this year and get some good news early! :) Or maybe a New Years gift :)

maja22

Star Member
Nov 15, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-12-2010
AOR Received.
26-01-2011
File Transfer...
07-01-2011
Med's Done....
17-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19-04-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-05-2011
LANDED..........
28-05-2011
Hi
I plan to apply inland, my husband (canadian) and I live together in canada and we thought we have to apply inland, but when I phoned immigration they told me that I still can apply from outside canada. I am planning to travel home for couple weeks in March and we also will go to Florida for couple weeks too, so immigration told me that it's better to apply from outside if I want to leave the coutry, because there is no guarantee they will let me back in...but I dont need visa to enter canada, do you think it might be a problem?
Also if we decide to switch to outland application, our medical exam was done here in canada and the documents were sent to Alberta from the doctors office ditrectly (not Missisauga like for outlanders), can it be done?

Vincywife

Oct 8, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-12-2009
AOR Received.
10-09-2010
Med's Request
08-15-2011
Med's Done....
30-08-2009
LANDED..........
09-29-2011
kiwikris said:
Hi Love_young,
Yay you are at 4 months!! Nearly half way and hopfully they process first stage faster for you. ;D

Still here, just waiting for security and background checks!!! It says 9 months wait time now on the website so I only have 8 more months to go!!! Not sure if anyone who has applied inland this year has PR yet??? Anyone???

I am hoping though that we all get a nice Christmas present this year and get some good news early! :) Or maybe a New Years gift :)
Hey Everyone.... I guess I'll be the one to watch. I've been looking for people who have applied in DEC 09 like myself however there are not many who have "Voiced" their Timelines around that time.

We received AIP on Sept 10th 2010 and we are still in waiting mode. No transfer....Good thing I guess...Just waiting...I hope to hear something before christmas. I don't even care if the date is in Jan Feb...I just want to know and not bother with seeing this IN PROCESS thing every single day!

ditta

Oct 14, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-10
Med's Done....
20-06-10
Interview........
waived
LANDED..........
02-06-11
Hi Love-young, I guess all of us went to see the 2010 application topic that you started.:) Yours and mine are very close, mine was received on 26th of June! I`m waiting too and changing my WP to visitor :( because my LMO doesn`t want to arrive...Anyway my little boy will be happy if I stay home with him, and I can go to the border as a visitor to get my new WP if the LMO arrives with Santa.:) My husband and I was planning to go on a vacation in February but it seems we have to wait longer, I don`t see the chance to have AIP earlier than March. Well, it`s all good, once all this will be just a memory...

zehra

Nov 15, 2010
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello everyone!

Wishing everyone to get their PR asap, I'd like to ask a question about my case. I applied for PR in 2008, they got my file on June 2008 and nothing really happeneded since then. I came to Canada this September and got married on October 10. We applied PR under family class and ignored the other one. We sent the application to Vegreville with all documents required and even more documents (lots of pictures of the 3 year relationship, medical report, police certificates, diplomas, canadian work and study experience documents) as well as OWP application on October 14.

The question is my visitor visa expires on March 2011, So I have about 4 months. Do you think I can get my open work permit before? If not, does anyone have any idea about what may happen? I'm so afraid of being have to leave the country.

Thanks to everyone!

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zehra said:
Hello everyone!

Wishing everyone to get their PR asap, I'd like to ask a question about my case. I applied for PR in 2008, they got my file on June 2008 and nothing really happeneded since then. I came to Canada this September and got married on October 10. We applied PR under family class and ignored the other one. We sent the application to Vegreville with all documents required and even more documents (lots of pictures of the 3 year relationship, medical report, police certificates, diplomas, canadian work and study experience documents) as well as OWP application on October 14.

The question is my visitor visa expires on March 2011, So I have about 4 months. Do you think I can get my open work permit before? If not, does anyone have any idea about what may happen? I'm so afraid of being have to leave the country.

Thanks to everyone!
You will be just fine since you have already sent your application before the expiration of your visa... so once your visa expires you will be on IMPLIED status, just like lots of us are.