27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
eyeoftheocean said:
Glad I made sense , My local office is Kitchener , usually it takes around 6 month to be transfered from Veg to local . Have not heard didly squat ( nothing ) since the csis interview in may :( all I know is my BFD is 19th Nov 10 and have had no letter from cic . *sigh *

How about you ?
WOW REALLY ? it takes six months to be transferred to your local office ? :eek: ISnt it something as simple as vegreville putting it in the mail and sending it off to whatever office ?
why does sending mail have to take six months ?

if you have a BFD that means that you may get landed by then!. yayyyy for you!..
For me i just got 1 letter stating that i may be contacted for an interview and my file has been transferred and to make sure all my documents are up to date ie passport and whatever travel documents.

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Black-Berry said:
WOW REALLY ? it takes six months to be transferred to your local office ? :eek: ISnt it something as simple as vegreville putting it in the mail and sending it off to whatever office ?
why does sending mail have to take six months ?

if you have a BFD that means that you may get landed by then!. yayyyy for you!..
For me i just got 1 letter stating that i may be contacted for an interview and my file has been transferred and to make sure all my documents are up to date ie passport and whatever travel documents.
If only its that simple, you may get it sooner depending on the back log they have and then at the local office there may be a few people in front of you , dont forget Canada has snail mail too lol .

Hope you here soon, which is your local office ?

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
coldgirl said:
okay...i just saw the immigration website that for inlanders it takes about 18 months to get their pr. please tell me that i saw wrong... :eek:

Sadly, no, you saw right. A few of us are trying to figure out if the second stage timeline is true for all applicants, or whether its just the absolute maximum time.

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
Been reading the operational bulletin on file transfers and thought id share it here :). it has some very very important knowledgable important information.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/bulletins/2010/ob167.asp

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
BlueDragon17846 said:
Sadly, no, you saw right. A few of us are trying to figure out if the second stage timeline is true for all applicants, or whether its just the absolute maximum time.

I know that thats the maximum amount of time it would take to finish the process, but still. I just read somewhere on here, this person's application got approved in one month. It was an outland application from China. So if they can do it in one month there, why can't the people do it here. It's just BS. Everything is compurized now, so they have no excuses. Sorry for the negativity but it just angers me. They just recieved my application yesterday. I can't imagine doing absolutely NOTHING for the next year or two. I feel like Im wasting my life away. :(

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
coldgirl said:
I know that thats the maximum amount of time it would take to finish the process, but still. I just read somewhere on here, this person's application got approved in one month. It was an outland application from China. So if they can do it in one month there, why can't the people do it here. It's just BS. Everything is compurized now, so they have no excuses. Sorry for the negativity but it just angers me. They just recieved my application yesterday. I can't imagine doing absolutely NOTHING for the next year or two. I feel like Im wasting my life away. :(
I totally agree with you. Sadly I have been waiting since january and its been almost a yuear now :(. Im also an Accountant my proffesion. havent worked in a year because of moving. SOi feel you on wasting your life away. I have wasted a whole year and its likely i will waste another whole year :(.
This process does you in as an Inland application. I think out of all the options, the inland route has its ups and downs. but mostly downs :(. Unless you are willing to stay apart from the one you love for a year im afraid you just have to bite your tongue and close your eyes and just wish that time would pass by quickly.

I wrote earlier that i think CIC need to re-visit their treatment on Inland applicants. Esp if we are here legally and havent broken the law, Why do we have to have the worst restrictions???

Not only do we just sit at home but we cant get basic necessities in life ie, work, drive, get health insurance, cant travel with the risk of never ever being let back into the country esp if you have NO criminal record!, wait 18 whole months! and at the end of 18 months you still are NOT guaranteed your PR!!!!. yu face the risk of someone doubting your relationship to be genuine and they can do whatever they like with your life. !!. ie kick you out forcefully leaving you hurt, angered ,dead broke with no place to start after wasting 18 months and embarrasment. Not to mention your fee is non-refundable and you have absolutely NO RIGHT of appeal!!! And then they claim Canada is considerate with re-unification of families??.
B.S.!!!!
that is a cruel cruel law on inlanders i think .I know they probably have done that because of people misusing the law BUT its always been like that!> Its even getting worse if anything!.
\Its unfair and you have every right to be angry!!. Im angry too. Dont apologise on what does not seem fair!..
i think we should probably go public with this BS law and Hopefully canadian immigration cn re-consider giving us a break on some things and at least let inlanders be able not to have stagnant lives!.
SOme of us are very qualified proffessional people with families. My own family consists of 5 which is large in canada. Buying food, payuing mortgage living life is expensive if you have 3 kids!! we cant survive on only one income.

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
Exactly Blackberry! You had to wait so long, and still waiting. Yes, I know we should be thankful because we are with the person we love while some have to far away. But it makes me wanna break down when I see my husband work so hard and still we have nothing because he has to pay for EVERYTHING!!! It's expensive living in Toronto, and having kids are can be very expensive. We are a newly married couple, but i can not do anything right now to better our future because Immigration Canada wants to take their sweet little time.

Keep your head up Blackberry and pray. I feel blessed to have such a loving husband who never complains and have such positive attitude, he is the one who gets me through. And Im sure you feel the same way about yours. I see you are waiting for an interview, so hopefully you will hear something very soon. They say, there's always sunshine after the rain... :)

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
black-berry
um very sorry damn living with one income in canada u can go crazy, just imagine its just me n my bf n one tym he broke his damn leg so i had to work like crazy gosh thank God it was summer holiday i were not in xool i could sung shalala,
you did't come with international driver licence?n ur here legally why cant you get driver licence?but BC has strange laws i dnt knw why.
but i dnt think everybody will have to burn their behind waiting for 18 months if ur background checks finish early then ur good but if ur from high risk countries then ur in for a long wait u can check high risk countries in the USA security department coz they are same with canada
BB walishe sukuma wiki watoto na mumeo remember back home kama huna hela mnakula sukuma wiki mpaka mnakoma

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
mimi23 said:
black-berry
um very sorry damn living with one income in canada u can go crazy, just imagine its just me n my bf n one tym he broke his damn leg so i had to work like crazy gosh thank God it was summer holiday i were not in xool i could sung shalala,
you did't come with international driver licence?n ur here legally why cant you get driver licence?but BC has strange laws i dnt knw why.
but i dnt think everybody will have to burn their behind waiting for 18 months if ur background checks finish early then ur good but if ur from high risk countries then ur in for a long wait u can check high risk countries in the USA security department coz they are same with canada
BB walishe sukuma wiki watoto na mumeo remember back home kama huna hela mnakula sukuma wiki mpaka mnakoma
Mimi, I can only drive for 90 days on my international licence. After that i have to get BC licence and to get it you need PR!!, or a student permit or a work permit. They dont accept visa!. you have to have something permanent tying you to their country to sit for the exam!.
yes BC laws suck it is not like that in Toronto?.
Hmm i thought it was the same every provnce?. I didnt know some had it easier than others.

What can we do/. we just have to accept and try and make the best off this law.

Mimi.. Mi huwa lisha Sukuma na Ugali , Chapo, Wali. Hivi vyakula vya bei ghali mi huwa sinunui. Nilipata mahali mahali kuna ndengu ya dollar 5 na nikainunua kwa wingi. jameni mi hushukuru mungu mahali nitokapo na vile mama alini lisha .
But even though, it is still really pricey.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
hey guys, we just got our AIP and sponsorship approval letters today. its dated Nov 1st. they are asking for the police clearance from my country which i was expecting and have the document ready to send on monday. also gonna apply for OWP.
now i wanna clarify the address where to send.

i can see on their website the address for initial OWP is

Citizenship and Immigration - Work Permit
CPC-Vegreville
6212 - 55th Avenue, Unit 555
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1X6

is that right?

and police clearance i have to mail to

CPC Vegreville
6212-55th Avenue
Vegreville, AB
T9C 1W5

thats for additional info.

now i have a question: can i get health card and SIN number before getting OWP? where should i go first? for health card or SIN number?

thanks in advance :-*

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
You need OWP to get SIN card plus OHIP

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Black berry um not in toronto i live in two cities between calgary and saskatoon this fall term calgary then winter going back saskatoon in alberta u can use ur international licence till when it will expire
no the laws are different from each province my dear.then thank iam an international student then everything is under control but still the tuition fees is really burning my...
huwa nanunua organic food as i have heart problem so mara nyingi sili vyakula hivi vya makopo ila mh huku vyakula ni bei sana mwenzangu hafu ndo mtu unakuwa hufanyi kazi unaweza kufa hivi hivi nunua hizi insuarance za bei poa manake huwezi jua kidonge tuu ni bei kubwa mno do you have any MP there?they do help sometimes to make inquiries about these immigration nerves breakers

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Lilian said:
You can get health card without SIN number and OWP. You only need 2 ID s and the AIP letter.
thanks!