Halifax, NS, Canada
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-10-2010
Hi there!

How long does it take to get OWP after you get your AIP?...

Thanks for sharing.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Latvian said:
Hi there!

How long does it take to get OWP after you get your AIP?...

Thanks for sharing.
used to be a month?

i checked CIC website. it says work permit applied online it takes 53 days, on paper - 24 days. is this true? on paper faster than online?

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Asta said:
used to be a month?

i checked CIC website. it says work permit applied online it takes 53 days, on paper - 24 days. is this true? on paper faster than online?
Yes that is correct

coldgirl

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
vergeville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2010
Med's Done....
29-10-2010
okay...i just saw the immigration website that for inlanders it takes about 18 months to get their pr. please tell me that i saw wrong... :eek:

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Dec 2008 2nd Meds done Jan 2011 Medical Results have been received March 11
Interview........
AIP interview Aug 09 Security interview May 2010
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Janadian said:
I can only assume its due dilligence.

Things that may have flagged our file are:

1) CIC made an error and my husbands Case id was mixed up with another person.
(Therefor to ensure they are nor making any mistakes and for security reasons, they have transferred)

2) I have previously sponsored a spouse 7 years ago but pulled the application b4 they were landed
(They may be ensuring this is not a business transaction or to make sure I am certain of what im doing)

I can't forsee any other reasons other than those. Our application was complete, neither of us have a criminal record, Our wedding was well attended and photgraphed, we sent lots of pics, letters..we sent addtional documents.

I'm not overly upset that we were transferred, I would have like to been given AIP but all this means to me is we will have to wait a little longer (thats the part that is killing me!) and we will have to pray that the person who interviews us is not having a bad day.

We are clearly a loving and commited couple..I can't imagin why they would question us other than the reasons above. So we will go..and answer anything they wish.
Have they said the interview will be conducted by CSIS ? OR is it just a formal letter to attend a interview ? I'm sure you will get your AIP at the local office , they usually transer to filter out the backlog of applications.

lilly_inland

Star Member
Sep 16, 2010
Hi Love Young,

Did you call CIC and confirm if they received your FBI Clearance certificate and attached it to your PR application? I have to send mine and am just worried that they might just misplace the clearance and then they'd ask for it again for which I'd have to wait another 3 freakin months...

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
kiwikris said:
On a positive note; For those of you have have AIP, you can take French/English classes for free now, just need to take in your letter of approval and confirmation of your address. They are LINC (Language Instruction for Newcomers to Canada) classes. Also another option is to learn as a second language and only pay $30 per level of which there are 9 levels I think.....

http://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/eng/goc/linc.shtml
Great news ! Although it does say for Adult Permanent Residents , AIP is first stage of approval .

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
eyeoftheocean said:
Have they said the interview will be conducted by CSIS ? OR is it just a formal letter to attend a interview ? I'm sure you will get your AIP at the local office , they usually transer to filter out the backlog of applications.

what is the difference if csis interviews you or just a letteré. i dont get it..

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Black-Berry said:
what is the difference if csis interviews you or just a letteré. i dont get it..

If you just get a letter from the local office asking you to go for an interview, it is usually for your spousal sponsership where you recieve AIP or not.

The CSIS letter is for security interviews, it tells you on the letter CSIS will conduct the interview if they are invloved !

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
eyeoftheocean said:
If you just get a letter from the local office asking you to go for an interview, it is usually for your spousal sponsership where you recieve AIP or not.

The CSIS letter is for security interviews, it tells you on the letter CSIS will conduct the interview if they are invloved !
Ok makes sense now :). which is your local office if you dont mind me asking. have you heard anything about your case. do you also know how long it takes for a file to be transferred from vegrevilel to a local office...

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Black-Berry said:
Ok makes sense now :). which is your local office if you dont mind me asking. have you heard anything about your case. do you also know how long it takes for a file to be transferred from vegrevilel to a local office...
Glad I made sense , My local office is Kitchener , usually it takes around 6 month to be transfered from Veg to local . Have not heard didly squat ( nothing ) since the csis interview in may :( all I know is my BFD is 19th Nov 10 and have had no letter from cic . *sigh *

How about you ?

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
eyeoftheocean said:
Glad I made sense , My local office is Kitchener , usually it takes around 6 month to be transfered from Veg to local . Have not heard didly squat ( nothing ) since the csis interview in may :( all I know is my BFD is 19th Nov 10 and have had no letter from cic . *sigh *

How about you ?
Did you get AIPÉ. or are u waiting for your landing interviewÉ Kitchener is a pretty fast office i hear..

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
Black-Berry said:
Did you get AIPÉ. or are u waiting for your landing interviewÉ Kitchener is a pretty fast office i hear..
Yes I recieved AIP last year in September at the Kitchener office they are all very nice there too , very patient !!

It was 8 months later I had The CSIS interview ..now I'm just waiting and waiting and waiting like you lol , waiting for a landig interview hopefully soon :) although 6 months has passed since the CSIS interview and was told any case can take up to 16 month for a CSIS decision :eek:

AmandaB

Apr 26, 2010
I have a question about the inland application... as we all know the times have increased recently, and it made me wonder... if my husband got his police clearance done just before he left his home country, and it takes over a year to get PR, obviously it will expire... but if he hasn't gone back to his country, why do they need new ones? Or would the need one from Canada at that point, since he had been here waiting for so long?

Also, does anyone know, for form IMM 1249 (the one to extend the visitor visa/apply for OWP), when it asks for family info, is the Canadian spouse/sponsor included? And do we have to include his family back home? I just found it confusing because it asks what paperwork you want processed for the family members.

Thanks! :)

eyeoftheocean

Sep 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 2009
AOR Received.
Jan 2009
File Transfer...
June 2009
Med's Done....
Interview........
LANDED..........
29-11-2013
AmandaB said:
I have a question about the inland application... as we all know the times have increased recently, and it made me wonder... if my husband got his police clearance done just before he left his home country, and it takes over a year to get PR, obviously it will expire... but if he hasn't gone back to his country, why do they need new ones? Or would the need one from Canada at that point, since he had been here waiting for so long?

Also, does anyone know, for form IMM 1249 (the one to extend the visitor visa/apply for OWP), when it asks for family info, is the Canadian spouse/sponsor included? And do we have to include his family back home? I just found it confusing because it asks what paperwork you want processed for the family members.

Thanks! :)

Firstly, Where is your Husbands home Country ? Usually the police clearance is sufficient for the process as your Husband hasnt gone back to his Country , what follows is RCMP checks ( Canadian police checks ), I havnt heard of anyone needing a 2nd police clearance unless they have gone back while the PR is in process, maybe someone with more experience can clarify this, as this is just my experience and I have been waiting 2 years almost.
Secondly , for the OWP , yes the spouse is included but tick Canadian Citizen and give passport details.No you dont include family .