Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08/01/2010
Black-Berry said:
Wow.. and why are they sending you this letter now?. What exactly does the letter say?
Did you receive another letter prior to this?.or is this the first?
The bright side is as soon as you send the information they may process everything. At least it is not a denial!. thats a good sign..
The letter said that my application is in process, I need to provide a new Police Certificate from the country I came from 'cause the one I sent already expired, more proof of co-habitation with my partner (we moved a couple of times before sending the app) and more BS. ::)

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sgnv said:
The letter said that my application is in process, I need to provide a new Police Certificate from the country I came from 'cause the one I sent already expired, more proof of co-habitation with my partner (we moved a couple of times before sending the app) and more BS. ::)
why they didnt ask them before gosh,sorry if i may ask, did you apply as common law or conjugal partners?and what proof did you send at first?

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
sgnv said:
Is this your first letter to request further information?...
I sent you a message!. Check your inbox!!..

R

robrod

Buenos dias, Mimi... No ha habido noticias de CIC aun por aca, y tu tienes alguna?.
Your spanish is just fine Mimi, I think you are doing great!.

dudebr

Star Member
May 14, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sgnv said:
If I may ask, Where are you from?

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sgnv said:
It really surprises me cuz they should have asked those information a while ago, they should be finalizing your process by now . ::) it also scares me since it may happen to me! :S

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
sgnv said:
Hey SGNV, I know this doesn't seem like good news but it is! :) Your application is infront of someone nd they are ready to finish the first stage of your app. Exciting! It won't be much longer now...

Hang in there, take joy in the little things and you will make it through

Best of luck

joce288

Star Member
Nov 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Love_Young, I am also from the US and Im just wondering how you're able to apply for a new passport with the name change while in Canada and not going to the Embassy in Halifax? I too would like to do so and don't want to travel to Halifax for money reasons..I assumed you had to change your SSN first anyway, but if we don't I'd love to be able to change my passport before getting Residency to not go through the hassle of then changing the PR card. thanks

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
sgnv said:
in some way its good news. because i never heard that inland immigration officers asking for more proof. it used to be either they give u AIP or send to local office for interview and not asking for additional proof. so i would be kinda happy. better than get an interview! also maybe..maybe they gonna process ur app till the end and u get PR ;)

Lilian

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Asta, I received with my AIP letter a request for a new Police Certificate and new medicals...they are asking for moore proof.

mint

Jun 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sgnv said:
Hi sgnv,
I am wondering if your police check had been expired when you submitted it with your application? Or it got expired during your process...?
My police check was actually expired when I submitted, but I put an explanation that I hadn't gone back to my home country since 2008(my police check was issued June 09, but I submitted Dec 09), and if CIC wants me to get new one, I would have to have an official letter from them requesting for new police check otherwise my government would not accept my reorder.
I had no problems, they never asked me to get new one. Maybe you can explain that with other additional information sending them, and they might continue your process... meanwhile you can order new one, and send it later. It would take you a few months to get?
I think same as other posters that you are very close to the final stage, do not lose your hope!!
Good luck,

Mint

R

robrod

Congrats, Lilian!.
I assume you are still In Process awaiting the Decision Made letter from Vegreville?.. What's your timeline, if I may ask?.
Cheers.

R

robrod

That PR card should arrive anyday now, Mint!... happy about it??.. I am for you, yeahhhh.

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mimi23 said:
hola robrod,hay alguna noticias de la CIC?dont laugh iam learning spanish
Mexicatica its nice to try what adzees suggested as it can be hard if you did your university studies outside canada , also did you major in human rights or political science?.you can try to volunteer at John humphrey centre for peace and human rights and social catholic services just to get inside canada work experience
Mimi, I think your Spanish is great. I got my degree in Human Rights at a Uni in Latin America and a second one at a Uni in Europe. I found a potential volunteer position. I have an interview tomorrow, so we'll see how that goes. Hopefully this way I can start networking a bit more and keep myself busy.

Lilian

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
robrod, I sent my application in october 2009, received my AIP letter in april and since them nothing is happening, I just waiting because of my backround check.