Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008
Med's Done....
Dec 2008
LANDED..........
Oct 2010
Finalllllly Decision Made, and file transferred to my local office!!!!!!!!!!

After 22 months of waiting it's over now yeaaaaah!! I just can't believe it.
I had to wait so long cuz of the background checks, then I had a complaint against CSIS for delaying my file, and it worked!

Briefly here's my time line:

We received your application for permanent residence on December 31, 2008.

We started processing your application on January 30, 2009.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We received the requested information on September 22, 2009. Thank you for providing the information.

We received the requested information on December 19, 2009. Thank you for providing the information.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on October 13, 2010 to xxxxx about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

Good luck everyone.

adzees

Sep 2, 2010
Edmonton, AB
App. Filed.......
Oct 2011
Doc's Request.
July 2015
Nomination.....
October 2015
AOR Received.
February 2016
File Transfer...
July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
What was your status when you applied. Any military bakground? Ur nationality? Please give details about your case other than timeline :)

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
Congrats al4ya. Thank you for sharing

R

robrod

They sure took their time on that background investigation al4ya, but it is great to know the final stretch is near. Best of luck on your Decision Made letter. Let's hope you get an expedious local office!.

al4ya

Mar 18, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 2008
Med's Done....
Dec 2008
LANDED..........
Oct 2010
Thank you.
I heard my local office is fast, cuz it's a small city, Barrie. So I really hope that it does not take forever till they send us our landing interview.

R

robrod

Yes, that definitely is no Scarborough... I'm sure Barrie is fast. Nice town Barrie, I go skiing every year there to the 'Shoe or St. Louis..
You'll be more than fine with that local office!.

brightsage

Feb 8, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2nd. 2K10
Med's Done....
March 2nd. 2K10
MexicaTica said:
Hi brightsage,

Do you have your client ID number to log onto ecas? If not, you can call the call centre and they can give it to you after asking you a few questions. They can also confirm if your application has begun to be processed (after this long it definitely should have been.)

Unfortunately there really is no one way things work, some people's progress on their application is reflected on ecas right away (receipt of medicals for example), other people do not hear anything. I don't know of anyone who has a received in the mail a notification of receipt of application. As for getting anything in the mail that will not occur until the 8th or 9th month. I hope this helps you. Let us know if you have any more questions.

thanks tica....we wait.........and wait......patience

Lilian

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Hi everyone,
after how many months waiting because of the background check should I write a complaint letter to CSIS?

I made a mistake and called the CIC to ask this question. I had a very rude man on the phone - he said: "What are you thinking? You are applying for a permanent resident card not for a credit card. There is no such thing as waiting too long. It can takes 1 months or 2 years or longer. They don't need your complaint letter - they have enough work to do."
Right now I'm really frustrated - I can not wait 1 more year or longer. My mom has cancer, the last time I saw her was 3 years ago. I really would like to visit her...

R

robrod

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with that phone agent. It's hard to believe we get treated this way, you think people skills would be at the top of the list when they hire these people but I guess they don't or who knows what.
I suppose I would write the complaint letter right away to include that person over the phone.
I'm at a loss for words regarding the situation with your mom and the fact we are not allowed to leave with the certainty of making it back or screwing up the process and progress of our applications. That's the price we pay with this Inland roll of the dice...
Best of luck and sending you a hug.

Lilian

Star Member
Jul 20, 2010
Thank you robrod!
Until now I had very kind agents on the phone. But now I was shocked and forgot to ask his name...

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lilian, sorry to hear about your experience today with the agent. Hopefully it won't happen again but so everyone knows you can always ask for their ID #(it's a short number, like four or five digits), everyone that works there has one. I always ask and get treated pretty well.

On another note, I got my work permit today. Woo hooo!

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
Great news MexicaTica! Looks like everything is falling into place as it should. Congrats ;D

Robrod- How did you guess? Lol Crest 3D white all the way! :p (Got the toungue from watching too much Gene Simmons)

R

robrod

I can see it all the way from here, it's just as long as Gene's... hehehehehe
Ok guys (and gals), who's next with those AIPs and OWPs??... I need company here in the waiting room for the landing appointment letter...

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
MexicaTica said:
Lilian, sorry to hear about your experience today with the agent. Hopefully it won't happen again but so everyone knows you can always ask for their ID #(it's a short number, like four or five digits), everyone that works there has one. I always ask and get treated pretty well.

On another note, I got my work permit today. Woo hooo!
Congrats mexicatica!. i am never lucky in speaking to an agent. I will just wait. Hmppnhhhhh...
Am so happy for yah gurrrl!..

robrod said:
I can see it all the way from here, it's just as long as Gene's... hehehehehe
Ok guys (and gals), who's next with those AIPs and OWPs??... I need company here in the waiting room for the landing appointment letter...
Robrod dont worry!. I think we will ALL keep each other company very soon if everything goes well!!.. There are many of us very close to each other!.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
guys, did u change ur name after marriage before applying for PR? if not when do u plan to change it? i dont know when to change it. cause ill have to change my passport too. i was planning to do that when ill go home (hopefully after new year), would be faster to change passport there in place. but then i'd have to change all my cards - PR card, health card etc here in Canada. dont know what to do?