July 2016
Med's Request
July 2016
Med's Done....
August 2016
Asta said:
Table 1: Applications for Permanent Residence Processed* in Canada in 2009
it says - spouses and partners - 7 127.

i imagined they having many more applications, and its only seven thousand..just surprised a bit.
Yeah but these are only numbers for spouse based. In total they are dealing with approximately 22000

Immigration Category CPC Vegreville Inland Offices Total
Live-in Caregiver Program 6,114 139 6,253
Permit Holders Class 1 146 147
Protected Persons 4,996 659 5,655
Spouses and Partners 7,127 1,663 8,790
Humanitarian and Compassionate/Public Policy 4,533 5,839 10,372
All Immigration Categories 22,771 8,446 31,217

The good news according to the audit report is that All the APRs for in-Canada processing are received through CPC-V. Approximately 80% of in-Canada processed APR approval decisions are made at CPC-V. The remaining 20% are referred to local (inland) offices according to established referral criteria. The referred files normally require a more detailed follow-up or an interview with the applicant.

I hope no one falls under 20%.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
adzees said:
Yeah but these are only numbers for spouse based. In total they are dealing with approximately 22000

Immigration Category CPC Vegreville Inland Offices Total
Live-in Caregiver Program 6,114 139 6,253
Permit Holders Class 1 146 147
Protected Persons 4,996 659 5,655
Spouses and Partners 7,127 1,663 8,790
Humanitarian and Compassionate/Public Policy 4,533 5,839 10,372
All Immigration Categories 22,771 8,446 31,217
yes i was referring to spousal applications. i imagined they get much more applications of spousal sponsorship from whole Canada. i guess all the rest are doing outland.

Love_Young

Champion Member
May 22, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
July 16, 2010
Med's Done....
June 16, 2010
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
June 01, 2011[img]http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r293/SimsFC/icons/smileys/flag-canada.gif[/img] [img]http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-fc/patriot.gif[/img]
I was actually going to post the Vegreville audit as well.
It gave me a shed of hope especially when I saw that it they were processing 80% at the main Vegreville office and 20% being referred to local CIC offices. I hope none of us are that 20%. But lets looks on the bright side, that is a vast majority getting approval. We should celebrate that.

And yes the audit I do believe would explain the backlog. I think they are moving as quickly as they can right now without making errors.
Can't be an easy job.

Nine3001

Mar 25, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone know if we can order a copy of our case's FOSS notes when an application is still "processing" - and if so, would it someway hurt our decision if they see we requested to see it?

The reason why I ask is that our process is taking way too long and immigration's phone support is giving us different answers every time we call and I would like to see something more concrete just to see how far along they are.

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nine3001 said:
Anyone know if we can order a copy of our case's FOSS notes when an application is still "processing" - and if so, would it someway hurt our decision if they see we requested to see it?

The reason why I ask is that our process is taking way too long and immigration's phone support is giving us different answers every time we call and I would like to see something more concrete just to see how far along they are.
What is your timeline? When was your application received?

Ordering your FOSS notes does not have any bearing or impact on the decisions made by the processing officers. Keep in mind it can take up to 30 days to receive them.

Best of luck and keep us posted on your progess...

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I too am wondering about the FOSS notes.
My application was sent in May/2010 and started processing on August/2010, do you folks think I should order the notes now, or should I wait ? Thanks everyone! :)

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
boasorte said:
I too am wondering about the FOSS notes.
My application was sent in May/2010 and started processing on August/2010, do you folks think I should order the notes now, or should I wait ? Thanks everyone! :)
its way too early. dont be too obsessed with it. there might be nothing in ur Foss notes yet.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
haha I agree with you! Thank you Asta! :)

zubee

Sep 5, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I just post my inland application couple days ago and confirmed received by VEG this morning. Thanks god!

just want to say HI to every inlanders here....I'm new here and wish all of u get the good news ASAP!!

God bless!!!

Nine3001

Mar 25, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Vergreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MexicaTica said:
What is your timeline? When was your application received?

Ordering your FOSS notes does not have any bearing or impact on the decisions made by the processing officers. Keep in mind it can take up to 30 days to receive them.

Best of luck and keep us posted on your progess...
Well our timeline isn't out of the norm. We sent in our application in February so I'm sure the wait is normal, since the website says they're on January applications - I just wanna take a look to see how far they got. Our last update online was confirmation they received our additional information they requested, but we had gotten the medical exam in a few months prior to that and we've heard nothing about it's receipt - and the agents just give us assumed answers when we ask about it. I'd like to see if the FOSS notes say anything about them and if not, see if we can get a more concrete answer. Like everyone, we can't really afford any delays on our approval.

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nine3001 said:
Well our timeline isn't out of the norm. We sent in our application in February so I'm sure the wait is normal, since the website says they're on January applications - I just wanna take a look to see how far they got. Our last update online was confirmation they received our additional information they requested, but we had gotten the medical exam in a few months prior to that and we've heard nothing about it's receipt - and the agents just give us assumed answers when we ask about it. I'd like to see if the FOSS notes say anything about them and if not, see if we can get a more concrete answer. Like everyone, we can't really afford any delays on our approval.
Glad to hear you guys aren't being kept waiting. :) I have heard from many people (and experienced it myself) that ecas is not always updated (even after AIP decisions sometimes). Calling the call centre and getting an agent who willing to help and knowledgable enough to check your file is the quickest way to go, that is how I determined that my medical results had been received. FOSS is helpful too but takes longer...

SuperSchatje

Oct 9, 2010
Hi - I have a few stupid questions that i hope the group here can help me with, they are pretty basic, so apologies in advance.
I am a Canadian Citizen and have been living in Europe the last 7 years, I met and married my wife in Belgium and we have 2 kids, the kids have dual Belgian/Canadian citizenship. That's the background.
Now, I have an opportunity to return to Canada with my current employer (great news!). However I will need to come very soon (2 January). So, if my wife comes with me when we arrive, what do we need to do? I have read about visitor visas / visa extensions / multi-entry visas etc. Ultimately what i would like is for all four of us to come in January, and my wife to be allowed to return to Belgium once or twiceto sell our house / arrange movers etc. We would then apply for permanent residence inland?
Many thanks in advance

Black-Berry

Jul 15, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville And Nanaimo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/01/10
Doc's Request.
27/07/10
File Transfer...
20/10/10
Interview........
November 29th, 2010
LANDED..........
March 29th, 2011
SuperSchatje said:
Hi - I have a few stupid questions that i hope the group here can help me with, they are pretty basic, so apologies in advance.
I am a Canadian Citizen and have been living in Europe the last 7 years, I met and married my wife in Belgium and we have 2 kids, the kids have dual Belgian/Canadian citizenship. That's the background.
Now, I have an opportunity to return to Canada with my current employer (great news!). However I will need to come very soon (2 January). So, if my wife comes with me when we arrive, what do we need to do? I have read about visitor visas / visa extensions / multi-entry visas etc. Ultimately what i would like is for all four of us to come in January, and my wife to be allowed to return to Belgium once or twiceto sell our house / arrange movers etc. We would then apply for permanent residence inland?
Many thanks in advance
Hi and welcome!. Ultimately you have the option of applying outland as a returning citizen. Outland is faster. If you can prove to the IO that you have the intention of returning to canada before you come back you can actually put your paperwork in and your wife can stay with you as you wait for her paperwork to be processed.

Or you can wait to move here with your family (of course she needs a multiple entry visa beforehand ) then apply inland. With an inland application she can apply for a work permit with the application and send them together and will have to wait for AIP Approval in principal to get her permit. AIP takes 8 to 9 months then she gets her work permit. its really up to your situation and what is best for you really. have yopu been to the CIC website yet?.
www.cic.gc.ca Here you can find lots of information on sponsoring your spouse.
Difference between and Inland and an outland application is With an Inland application she has no right of appeal in case the application is refused,
If she travels out of canada during the time her application is in process and for some reason is unable to re-enter canada, her application is cancelled out

with an outland aplcation
she has the right of appeal and she can travel freely in and out of canada . She can also stay with you and get extensions until her PR is processed.
Hope i helped you and answered your question :)
Good Luck with your process. there are very many helpful people here who are in the same boat as you. you are definitely in the right place.

brightsage

Feb 8, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2nd. 2K10
Med's Done....
March 2nd. 2K10
Hi folks....the more i follow this thread the more confused i become.Here's why: We applied inland on march 2nd. 2010....to date we have received exactlly zero information on our application. no notice, no ecas??, no mail, nothing...i called and talked to their info people and they say that is normal..that we will hear nothing until they open our application and process it in the standard 8 to 9 months...so i do nothing but wait.
However, on this thread it seems there are endless applicants who applied after us who have received confirmation??, ecas ?? notification of receipt of application?? etc. etc.. ......what gives we have received nothing..

appreciate some clarification on how it really works

cheers

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
brightsage said:
Hi folks....the more i follow this thread the more confused i become.Here's why: We applied inland on march 2nd. 2010....to date we have received exactlly zero information on our application. no notice, no ecas??, no mail, nothing...i called and talked to their info people and they say that is normal..that we will hear nothing until they open our application and process it in the standard 8 to 9 months...so i do nothing but wait.
However, on this thread it seems there are endless applicants who applied after us who have received confirmation??, ecas ?? notification of receipt of application?? etc. etc.. ......what gives we have received nothing..

appreciate some clarification on how it really works

cheers
Hi brightsage,

Do you have your client ID number to log onto ecas? If not, you can call the call centre and they can give it to you after asking you a few questions. They can also confirm if your application has begun to be processed (after this long it definitely should have been.)

Unfortunately there really is no one way things work, some people's progress on their application is reflected on ecas right away (receipt of medicals for example), other people do not hear anything. I don't know of anyone who has a received in the mail a notification of receipt of application. As for getting anything in the mail that will not occur until the 8th or 9th month. I hope this helps you. Let us know if you have any more questions.