Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
mattkantor said:
So...I received the letter today from CIC...I'm actually fully approved under Family, not AIP. they did the whole thing from Vegreville. Next stop is my card. No interview.

Some things I did with my application which could have contributed:

1. Sent in EVERYTHING at once. FBI, RCMP, Doctor visit recepit, ALL the forms,
2. 2-3 extra pages of explanation where requested, lots of verbosity.
3. Photos of my wedding and of my wife and I travelling, airplane ticket receipts with both our names
4. Letters of support from third parties.
5. Had a consultant assemble and check for accuracies in EVERYTHING. We chose not to send letters of support, as they had inaccuracies about my wife and I as a couple.

Hope that is helpful to someone.

Its about 7 months for me from received to today. Another 30-60 until I get the card. But I can get OHIP and whatnot now.

Wow, congrats mattkantor. Great to hear the good news. Looks like they are moving throgh October. Any November-ites hear anything?

gillespiedc

Star Member
May 22, 2010
Zhuhai, China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Good stuff Matt! We will try to keep it complete and simple as you did.

Thanks for sharing.

mattkantor said:
So...I received the letter today from CIC...I'm actually fully approved under Family, not AIP. they did the whole thing from Vegreville. Next stop is my card. No interview.

Some things I did with my application which could have contributed:

1. Sent in EVERYTHING at once. FBI, RCMP, Doctor visit recepit, ALL the forms,
2. 2-3 extra pages of explanation where requested, lots of verbosity.
3. Photos of my wedding and of my wife and I travelling, airplane ticket receipts with both our names
4. Letters of support from third parties.
5. Had a consultant assemble and check for accuracies in EVERYTHING. We chose not to send letters of support, as they had inaccuracies about my wife and I as a couple.

Hope that is helpful to someone.

Its about 7 months for me from received to today. Another 30-60 until I get the card. But I can get OHIP and whatnot now.

MexicaTica

Star Member
Jan 21, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Congrats Matt! Here's hoping that we all have a wonderfully similar experience. :D

Arbol

Jun 4, 2010
Hey
Are there any other October applicants still waiting to hear from Vegreville? I'm going nuts here. We haven't heard anything and it's been almost 7.5 months now.. We thought we sent a good package with all necessary documents but now I'm questioning everything we wrote, attached, sent. Was it not enough, did we say something wrong in a way that doesn't please them or is it because of Vegreville and their own processing delays. Anyone else in the same situation? Or are there any previous applicants who had to wait a bit longer..? What do you think, should we try to send them more stuff and updates or just wait? I'm so sorry about all these questions... I just don't know where else to go. Getting paranoid. ???

konstantinos

Feb 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2010
LANDED..........
12 MAY 2011
Hi, I m doing inland too, I started a topic "anyone from quebec who applied inland?"
Is anybody living in Quebec? I sent my application 1 month ago and I just wanted to know, what are the next steps because I know there is more with immigration Quebec. More applications,interviews,more waiting??Does anybody know the process untill the end to explain? thank you

alibaba

Star Member
Apr 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-02-10
AOR Received.
15th Novenmber 2010
Med's Done....
11th Novenmber 2009
LANDED..........
16th December 2010
Arbol said:
Hey
Are there any other October applicants still waiting to hear from Vegreville? I'm going nuts here. We haven't heard anything and it's been almost 7.5 months now.. We thought we sent a good package with all necessary documents but now I'm questioning everything we wrote, attached, sent. Was it not enough, did we say something wrong in a way that doesn't please them or is it because of Vegreville and their own processing delays. Anyone else in the same situation? Or are there any previous applicants who had to wait a bit longer..? What do you think, should we try to send them more stuff and updates or just wait? I'm so sorry about all these questions... I just don't know where else to go. Getting paranoid. ???
Don't worry you will hear something soon. Its their on delays just be patient.

gillespiedc

Star Member
May 22, 2010
Zhuhai, China
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2010
Arbol said:
Hey
I have no clue what I'm talking about first hand, but I would think that if the looked at it and you did or said something wrong you would have heard back from them already... no?

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
wow, this one got buried really quick... just bumping the thread. Any November people with news?

srcc

Star Member
Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It already passed 5 months since PR received... It is frustrated not to be able to make plans in life, not to know what is going to happen in 2 months, to depend on people that are going to read our story... And the thing is I keep thinking if we are going to have a YES or no.. We know each other for more then 6 years, before we were best friends and now we are married. We just sent photos from many years, with family and friends, as proof of our relationship.. And I keep thinking that maybe it isn't enough for them to see that we are "real" :(

maxexplorer

Jun 13, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi folks,
wow, that's a lot of stories, different processing time ... and lots of frustration and waiting... and I know it's all ahead off me :( ... I had some experience before and now it's all over again...
Our family came to Canada in June 2004, to visit Mom on working Visa and we applied for PR in Aug 2004.. I know that feeling when my Visitor Visa is ending on Jan 19 2005 and in late Dec right before Christmas and New year we got Our "Yes" so we got PR on Jan 05 2005. Relief...

... Now I have another beginning.... story posted here ---> "Ukrainian Case" I'd really appreciate some advices to my post there... in fact I found this forum before applying for sponsorship and PR for my fiancé... and now I want to make a good decision :-\ .... long story short I want to get her here, merry her here, and apply for sponsorship and PR for Her..

Hi, guys

.. I looked through lots of topics but couldn't find familiar to mine... so ... I need some help from you to do the right thing ...

.. I'm Canadian citizen since 2008 and I have Ukrainian girl and we are together more than 2 years... she is still married and has a kid, but lives separately from her hubby... for past to years I went to visit her about 10 times, I love her and same thing from her end. Now, I wanted to marry her year ago but decided to wait. Last month I invited her to visit me here In Manitoba and stay here for couple month with me... while the kid will stay with Grandma. We started application for her tourist Visa and I sent her Invitation Letter and everything that needed from me and she has police certificate and letter from employer and everything else except medical...

My question for this part if she needs than medical ? (I assumed not, cause she's staying not more than 6 month..)

... another thing, I hope that she will get that TRV because of strong ties to Ukraine while her kid going to stay in Ukraine and she technically still married. I want to spend this summer with her here and then she'll leave... and will start divorce process .. I'm planning to go there for new year and probably on spring break when she'll be divorced...

... and on this I really need somebody's help... I don't know if 2nd time she will get the TRV if she'll be divorced.. I propose to her and she agreed to merry me, so I wanted to get her that 2nd TRV and get married here...

Also I wanted to have another wedding in the Ukraine, but I'm pretty sure that CIC won't issue here another visa so she could visit me after that, considering her as potential immigrant.. I know that we have to do visa for her and for a kid with both parents agreement for kid to leave Ukraine...

I don't know what to do... please advice me... I want her and her kid ASAP here...

Can she stay here and apply for citizenship after marriage in Canada and some how to do separate Visa for her kid ...and or she has to go back to Ukraine ... and I have to apply for sponsorship?? Is that illegal for her to stay here and apply for PR or Citizenship while waiting here with me??

Please HELP ME,
Thanks in advance!
She can apply for a multiple entry VISA..it might be the best option....an inland application will not work in your case since you cannot claim as a sponsor your relationship to her...you will need to marry her..and after if she is still in Canada then you can do an inland application..
... and to wrap this up... I know that in outland application in Kiev will take about 1-2 years... compare to Inland 6-8 month...

Any comments on my story... What should I do? Help Please.. and Thank You!

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
We sent our app in Jan 18th 2010.

We haven't been able to see anything on E-Case because of a Case ID # mix up on my husbands file. It is showng someone elses applications and updates in place of his. (they are sharing a case ID number) We are told this kind of mix up is very rare and that they are working to fix it. There will be a "delay' in our processing. We can't see anything on E-case.

The other day we called our representative and he told us that my husband was approved first stage approval and they are sending him an open work permit. We were soooo happy! Then when I called CIC to find out how things are progressing with fixing the ID mix up...they said there is nothing to see on E-Case because they are only processing apps from Nav 2009 right now. Maybe it was the other guy who got first stage approval?? :-\

Ohhh man, this is tough. Im also a little nervous because I sponsored my ex husband and then pulled his sponsorship at the last second (4 days before he recieved his PR) because he was cheating and treating my son and i very badley. I hope my new husband (who is the most amazing husband in the WORLD :-*) won't be affected.

In addition, I have a little step son who is staying with his auntie in Jamaica waiting to be reunited with his daddy, step brother and step mom here in Canada. It breaks my heart listening to my husband and our little guy on the phone each day before school assuring him they will be together soon. My husband is an excellent father and his son is very attached to him.

Im wondering if it would be possible to have him come visit us for 2 weeks in the summer b4 school starts back in September just to ease them from the wait.

I appreciate reading and having everyone sharing their stories and love the support everyone has for one another. Thanks!

This is the begining of our family's journey...

ss06cj

Jun 16, 2010
I'm so happy to have found this forum...I've read through some of the posts and would like to share my story. I'm new to this forum thingy so bare with me.

My Aussie boyfriend came to Canada Sept 6 2008 on a Working Holiday Visa. He found work finally and began work in March 2009 (still at the same place today). His WHV had to be extended Sept 2009 even though when he applied for it, the WHV said he had 2 years but when he came in Sept 2008 he was granted only 1 year by Canada. That was minor...he got an extension but i'm not sure if its an OWP or what. We've been planning to get his PR ever since he came to Canada but we needed to wait a year to apply under common low. We began the process of putting our papers together around Nov 2009...took a really long time. There were a lot of questions about the whole process and I wish we would of found this website about the whole inland/outland and everything else. Anyhow...we got everything done and by Early Jan 2010 we were ready to send it out and then I did a bit more research and realized he had to indeed get a Police Cheque as well as a Medical Exam approved by the ones listed on the CIC website (this is after he had already gone to get a general medical exam). Stupid to say the least...then we had to wait for those two new pieces of info to come in...we got the police check in a couple of weeks then we had to wait for medical...we waited and waited...still no news. We decided to give them a call about it and they said there isn't anything to wait for, send the package. SERIOUSLY!!! all that wasted time and frustration for nothing...after all that was said and done we got the package sent finally in April 2010 (mid April). We sent it via Cdn Post as registered mail and we checked the tracking and CPC-V apparently got in a few days later. Im not exactly sure of the dates but April 12 (sent) and April 16 (rec'd) ring a bell. Now it is just a waiting game for the PR applications to be approved. Haven't been able to get onto Ecas but I know it will take time.

In the meantime, my boyfriend will be extending his work visa as it is going to expire Sept 2010 (either under the working holiday or under work permit). His working holiday visa says he's also allowed to leave and re-enter as long as his WHV is valid. How does this affect travelling if we've lodge PR applications (since many have said its best to stay in canada with the sponsor - Me - while waiting for it)? We would really like to go back to Aussie to visit his family and i'm afraid that he won't be allowed back in if that's the case. We have travelled to the states twice already..and we're going to NYC this weeking actually. I keep thinking about it and I don't see why we couldn't go back to Aussie to visit but who knows with Canada.

ay

Feb 11, 2010
Hello Everyone,

We just received a document for immigration asking us to fill in more information about my husbands activities (work, address, organizations, education and his parents) since our application was sent in July 2009.

Here is more of our details: I sponsored by husband here from Greece.
Application sent July 31st; received August 5th 2009
Started processing Sept 1st 2009.
AIP Feb 4 2010.
OWP received March 26th (sent Feb 26th).

Just wondering if that means we are close to the end of the process with this new document being sent?? Anyone been through the same situation? How long for an interview or PR approved?
Will he need to do another medical since his first medical was done in June 2009?

Any thoughts are appreciated. THanks ;)

ghostfish

Jan 18, 2010
Hi

When people put their time line in and they say application received...is this by confirmation from CPC Vegreville or from the signature from the mailing?

I sent my inland application on May 8th 2010...how long will it be before i hear anything back from CIC? it says they are processing applications from Nov 2009...does this mean mine wont be opened for 6 months and then i will have to wait another 6 months for it to get AIP??

thanks

pconroy

Feb 25, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergerville ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2010
LANDED..........
22-02-2011
I have a question about the application process, I've searched and searched and am a little confused. Every site and thread I check tells me something different.

For Inland applications, when/what is the first communication from CIC?

Do we get a letter once the approve the sponsorship application, like the Outlanders get?

Or do you just keep checking to see if you can get into Ecass?