+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLANDERS!

jaune

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
bluebear said:
Thank you, jaune.

I don't know if you need to be checked the financial stutas. (ex: you have dependents..)
If so, it takes longer to finalize the case.

I brought all the evidence and documents that CIC issued to me, but they only checked my CSQ & Passport.
The final interview is rather easy, it took less than 10 mins when I was with my officer.
Good luck to you. Hope you can hear good news very soon! :D
No, I don't have dependents...I just thought they might have taken a long Easter holiday because I just sent in my application to MICC right before Easter!?

Did you receive any kind of PR Visa stamped on your passport (before receiving your PR card)? You're free to go anywhere you like right now, that's great!

bluebear

Nov 17, 2009
No, I don't have any stamp on my passport. The office also took away my open work permit. (He said that I'm PR now, don't need this.)
I won't leave until receiving my PR card to make sure everything is fine.
But it's great to know NOW I'M FREE!!!!
Don't feel anxious, keep a good mind & it'll come very soon.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
its been 2 months and 17 days and i still cant log in to ecas and i didnt get any letter bout my visitor stay extension :mad:

AmandaB

Apr 26, 2010
Hi... I'm Canadian, and my husband is Indonesian, and we are thinking about applying inland, but I have a few questions. We are coming home to visit my parents this June, and depending on the job situation here in Indonesia, we might need to stay longer. If we apply for PR for him, I'm pretty sure his visitor visa will expire before we have a decision. But from everything I've read, he can't leave the country if he has applied inland, so does that mean that he would be guaranteed an extension? Or is there something different that he has to apply for to stay while they process the PR application? Also, at what point would he be able to work legally in Canada? We're just trying to get all our information in order so that we are prepared.
Thanks!

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
AmandaB said:
Hi... I'm Canadian, and my husband is Indonesian, and we are thinking about applying inland, but I have a few questions. We are coming home to visit my parents this June, and depending on the job situation here in Indonesia, we might need to stay longer. If we apply for PR for him, I'm pretty sure his visitor visa will expire before we have a decision. But from everything I've read, he can't leave the country if he has applied inland, so does that mean that he would be guaranteed an extension? Or is there something different that he has to apply for to stay while they process the PR application? Also, at what point would he be able to work legally in Canada? We're just trying to get all our information in order so that we are prepared.
Thanks!
hi, when u apply inland, when his visitor status/visa expires he has to apply for extension. if u apply inland they give u extension, but there are some criterias still. like he cant have criminal record, be strongly sick etc. if he is "clean", it should be fine.

he cant work legally in Canada until he gets his AIP/approval in principle and they give him open work permit, which u need to apply for. it happens after about 6 months.
also he can work in canada : "In order to work in Canada on a temporary basis, foreign skilled workers must have a temporary offer of employment from a Canadian employer and be granted a Temporary Work Permit by Human Resources and Skills Development Canada (HRSDC)"

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Hi guys, heard someone from Oct 14 got their good news!! Looks like they're a little ahead of schedule.

Don't despair, Asta. They went back to 6-7 months, so maybe they had a little hiccup. You should hear soon. You have the tracking number, yes?

pending

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-2009
Landed yesterday at Etobicoke CIC. Got AIP and OWP in exactly 6 months and process complete in less then 7, now for the PR Card to come. They say 6 weeks......we will see

mattkantor

Mar 7, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergerville ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
AOR Received.
06-01-2010
Med's Done....
01-09-2009
BlueDragon17846 said:
Hi guys, heard someone from Oct 14 got their good news!! Looks like they're a little ahead of schedule.

Don't despair, Asta. They went back to 6-7 months, so maybe they had a little hiccup. You should hear soon. You have the tracking number, yes?
Sweet. Two weeks until AIP. Six weeks until OWP.

I pray to the Gods of Vegreville for speedy process.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
BlueDragon17846 said:

thanks. yes i have tracking number, i know they received my application february 9th and there was a signature too. i just worry a bit about my visitor status extension. dont know if its normal.

mazimax

Nov 10, 2009
Congatulations pending !

I wish I hear from them soon. Its been 8 weeks now and nothing as of yet.

Does anyone know about the Etobicoke delays for landing interview or if there is someone who had to wait longer than 8 weeks from

Etobicoke office. Please share your experience,

Thanks

Max

pending

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-2009
mazimax said:
Congatulations pending !

I wish I hear from them soon. Its been 8 weeks now and nothing as of yet.

Does anyone know about the Etobicoke delays for landing interview or if there is someone who had to wait longer than 8 weeks from

Etobicoke office. Please share your experience,

Thanks

Max
thanks :) maybe u should try callin the call centre as I was transfered there on march 24 and was told 8 weeks but it came sooner. I heard of someone who called and found out they were scheduled and did not receive a letter. Try it and let me know how it goes. Best of luck

angelbrat

Oct 31, 2009
Just got my confirmation of approval today....

time line....received application on September 30th 2009

Processing started November 10th 2009

Medical and police records received

Decision made 22nd April 2010

Letter states: we are pleased to advise you the processing of your application has been completed. The CIC in Vancouver will contact you concerning your permanent resident status.

Notes with the letter state that application is finalized and authorized.

Guess it means i just have to wait for Vancouver to schedule me in so i can officially land.

Anyone have any idea of the time frame for the Vancouver Office to see you after they have received your file???

D

darumal

angelbrat said:
Just got my confirmation of approval today....

time line....received application on September 30th 2009

Processing started November 10th 2009

Medical and police records received

Decision made 22nd April 2010

Letter states: we are pleased to advise you the processing of your application has been completed. The CIC in Vancouver will contact you concerning your permanent resident status.

Notes with the letter state that application is finalized and authorized.

Guess it means i just have to wait for Vancouver to schedule me in so i can officially land.

Anyone have any idea of the time frame for the Vancouver Office to see you after they have received your file???

I got the letter in Jan and then notified by Vancouver local office for landing in March. At the moment, I still not yet get my PR card. It seems it is endness for wait.

Msaso

Apr 29, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HELLO EVERYBODY!

I would like to know if someone have received a letter from CIC with a "CLIENT HISTORY UPDATE"?????
My status is "in process" and my times are:

Application sent: 05th Nov 2009
Application received: 06th Nov 2009
Application started processing: 21st Jan 2010

The day before yesterday, I received this letter and I sent again with the "UPDATE" just yesterday

Thank you

jaune

Star Member
Jul 19, 2009
Msaso said:
HELLO EVERYBODY!

I would like to know if someone have received a letter from CIC with a "CLIENT HISTORY UPDATE"?????
My status is "in process" and my times are:

Application sent: 05th Nov 2009
Application received: 06th Nov 2009
Application started processing: 21st Jan 2010

The day before yesterday, I received this letter and I sent again with the "UPDATE" just yesterday

Thank you
I've also received a letter asking for updates in Feburary, I sent in my application in Sept 2009 and got this letter in Feb. They asked for my address and job since August. I don't know why but all I know is it's slowed down the process...I still haven't received AIP right now!