+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLANDERS!

getaround

Nov 4, 2009
****INLAND****
Application sent: July 29, 2009
Application received: 14th Dec 2009
Application started processing: August 25, 2009
Quebec approval & Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ – Québec Selection Certificate) November 17, 2009
Medical results have been received - Jan - 2010
requested information on February 26, 2010 - Wedding cert
A decision has been made - March 11, 2010
Decision made letter / Montreal CIC will inform of interview for PR - March 19th, 2010
Letter form Montreal CIC - Interview for PR pick-up March 26, 2010 X am
Had the cattle call group like meeting & then private 5 minute interview confirmation of passport etc and done.
Now await PR card.

pending

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-2009
Asta said:
u might be lucky and make it to the wedding. not like me. my brother's wedding is in july and im really gonna miss it :(
usually first stage approval takes 6 months. then after every case is different and takes different period of time. for "pending" here it took 6 months to finish whole application process. must be a record. but she doesnt have a child, though she is pregnant. maybe thats what helped her. if they find some problems, it takes a year or two or so. since u didnt get any interview call and ur case wasnt transferred to local office before AIP (it wasnt, right?) it should be fine and take up to 6 months for first stage.

about traveling while application in process..well its very risky. and like many people say here, the officer doesnt have to let u in back to Canada. some people were fighting with tears to let them back in. if u wont be let in, ur case will be cut off. so its ur call if it worth it or not.

me myself was very tempted to go to brother's wedding. but i decided not to risk, because so much time would be wasted and much money spent already. so i just have to live with it.
It took 6 months most likely because it was straight forward. I did all the paper work correctly and sent in everything they needed (I am a Law Clerk by profession so I am amazing when it comes to paper work lol) Yes I am pregnant but that did not play a factor in it at all as they were not aware of this, it happened after the application was sent in and you only have to notify them of a birth in the family not an upcoming birth. We had a lot of things on our side. Most importantly I prayed about it and our prayers were answered. If anyone has any questions please let me know. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!!

Sternchen

Feb 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2009
LANDED..........
19-04-2010
Yipeeee, Decision Made today!!! :D

Well, actually, it says they sent out the letter yesterday, but my ecas was only updated today!

So, my timeline so far is:
Application received: September 29, 2009
Started processing: November 10, 2009
Decision made and letter sent: March 25, 2010

I'm so excited, I was going to call the callcenter but was too busy at work! Aaaargh, can't wait till next week! Very happy right now just to know that (hopefully) soon I'll be able to go back home and see my family!

Congrats to you, too, pending, looks like they just finished up September with us!

Girlash

Oct 27, 2009
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2009
LANDED..........
19-05-2010
my e-CAS status hasn't been updated yet :(

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
Sternchen said:
Yipeeee, Decision Made today!!! :D
congrats Sternchen!

wrandy

Mar 25, 2010
we applied outland... both of us are here in canada... for inland applications, i think the person to be sponsored can apply for open permit so he/she can work legally...

Sternchen

Feb 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2009
LANDED..........
19-04-2010
Girlash, don't worry, it will come!

Millu

Sep 28, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2010
File Transfer...
22-11-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-2-2011
LANDED..........
23-4-2011
hi everyone!

i think/hope you know answer to this, since you are applying inland.

if applying inland, can sponsor travel out of country, cause of work? sponsor is canadian citizen.

thank you so much and good luck to all! :p

pending

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-2009
Hi there, we got our approval letter in the mail today including the work permit. It indicated that our pr was approved and we will be contacted for landing. Indicated the work permit will follow in seperate mail. Does any one know how long after the work permit gets mailed. Thanks so much!!

squirrel

Jun 3, 2009
VANCOUVER
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am so worried. I sent all my application papers to Vegreville 2009 October 2. The courier tracking number stated that they received it. That is it. I haven't heard from CIC anything since. It's been six months. I can't log to ecas, because they don't have it in the system. Why? Is this normal? What i should do next?

Anybody?

M.

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Millu said:
hi everyone!

i think/hope you know answer to this, since you are applying inland.

if applying inland, can sponsor travel out of country, cause of work? sponsor is canadian citizen.

thank you so much and good luck to all! :p
I don't see why a sponsor cannot travel during the inland app. The only problem with traveling outside of the country while inland, is if you get refused entry back in. But for a Canadian citizen, they are allowed back in anyway.

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
squirrel said:
I am so worried. I sent all my application papers to Vegreville 2009 October 2. The courier tracking number stated that they received it. That is it. I haven't heard from CIC anything since. It's been six months. I can't log to ecas, because they don't have it in the system. Why? Is this normal? What i should do next?

Anybody?

M.
have you tried calling the call center, to get a client ID? if you have a visitor record, you might have your client ID on that. Otherwise, if you still can't log in, I don't know. You could try calling again, or just waiting. if all has gone well, it looks like your application would be up for review for AIP anyway, so maybe you will hear something in the next week or two.

Millu

Sep 28, 2009
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
London, UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-10-2010
File Transfer...
22-11-2010
Med's Done....
15-09-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
28-2-2011
LANDED..........
23-4-2011
Thank you so much! im not sure are we applying inland or outland...
but anyway my bf has to travel cause of work...

good luck to all! ill keep reading this ;D

Shortie

Oct 14, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-09-2009
AOR Received.
28-09-2009
LANDED..........
03-06-2010
;D yayyyyyyyyyyy at last !!!

We received your application for permanent residence on September 28, 2009.

We started processing your application on October 30, 2009.

Medical results have been received.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted.

We sent you a letter on March 30, 2010 about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.

Was my husbands 50th birthday yesterday - I told him yesterday would be the day, an extra pressie for him I hope!! Gonna be on the phone to find out as soon as they open!!

Siouxie

Sep 15, 2008
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville / London UK
App. Filed.......
16-02-2005
LANDED..........
26=01=2010
squirrel said:

Anybody?

M.
You should be able to use your receipt number (for your processing payment), name and birthdate to access Ecas, in anycase I would definitely contact the CIC call centre and ask for an update.

I wouldn't panic yet - they may not have got to October applications yet!

:)