Feb 8, 2010
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
niseguy said:
hey racoon.....how is it going today???
Hey,
well I just submitted my thesis =), but nothing on the immigration front unfortunately. Did you get any news?
Cheers, Racconn

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
now i really regret applying inland... i got news today that my only brother is getting married in july and the baby is coming in september-october (my first niece or nephew). and cause of this inalnd i wont be able to see any of these events :( it was sad enough when it was my wedding i married here and none of my family was present, i felt lonely that day. and now i cant attend brother's wedding. it pisses me off so much. if i was rich i would withdraw and apply outland....... those kinda things happen only once in life and i'm missing them out. thats not fair.

gentibiraci

Mar 14, 2010
Asta said:
now i really regret applying inland... i got news today that my only brother is getting married in july and the baby is coming in september-october (my first niece or nephew). and cause of this inalnd i wont be able to see any of these events :( it was sad enough when it was my wedding i married here and none of my family was present, i felt lonely that day. and now i cant attend brother's wedding. it pisses me off so much. if i was rich i would withdraw and apply outland....... those kinda things happen only once in life and i'm missing them out. thats not fair.
Dude, welcome to immigrant life. My grandmom died and i wasn't even able to make to her funeral but what can you do that is life and you gotta move forward.

Now my application has been completed and i will be soon granted PR under spousal sponsorship and the letter that immigration sent me said that the Windsor office will contact me and that i should be ready to pay the $490 landing fee since i haven't paid it yet. Now does anybody know how long does it take for the windsor office to contact me to set up the Interview?

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011

srcc

Star Member
Sep 23, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
"We received your application for permanent residence on January 7, 2010.

We started processing your application on March 15, 2010. "

Wiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii :)

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
joce288 said:
so sorry to hear! any idea why?
she explained on other thread, i dun remember the title now. they applied as common law. but her bf before landing didnt mention her in his PR papers though they were living together but not in a relationship or smthing like that. but to immigration it looked like they were common law cause when he landed they lived already together for a year. since he didnt mention Raccoon in his papers as a common law, he was not confirmed as her sponsor in this application. (correct me if im wrong!)

---

Congrats srcc!! :) mine was received on feb 9. waiting for my turn..

getaround

Nov 4, 2009
Got the decision made letter Friday; got another letter today from Montreal CIC pickup PR this Friday. Gofrom nothing to decision made to pick up PR interview in 7 days.

pending

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-2009
Getaround can you please share your timeline....

As well I have a question re Canadian Police Clearance. My husband is inland with me and we submitted his police clearance from his home country. At the time we got the fingerprints done in Canada the gentleman taking the prints indicated that if we requested a Canadian Police Clearance it would be invalid by the time Immigration asked ofr it. We sent our inland application in Sept of 09 (so very close to our AIP stage)

Question: Is a Canadian Police Clearance necessary and if so should I request one now and forward it into them.

Please let me know.

pending

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-2009
I did find this on the website

How to obtain a police certificate
Canada
Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?

Only in certain cases. The Canadian visa office will tell you if you need a Canadian criminal record check while your application is being processed.

Just wondering if anyone has first hand experience.

Thanks

getaround

Nov 4, 2009
pending said:
I did find this on the website

How to obtain a police certificate
Canada
Do I need to provide a police certificate when applying for permanent residence?

Only in certain cases. The Canadian visa office will tell you if you need a Canadian criminal record check while your application is being processed.

Just wondering if anyone has first hand experience.

Thanks
I was not requested for the Canadian criminal record check; you will be advised if you need them or not.

getaround

Nov 4, 2009
****INLAND****
Application sent: July 29, 2009
Application received: 14th Dec 2009
Application started processing: August 25, 2009
Quebec approval & Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ – Québec Selection Certificate) November 17, 2009
Medical results have been received - Jan - 2010
requested information on February 26, 2010 - Wedding cert
A decision has been made - March 11, 2010
Decision made letter / Montreal CIC will inform of interview for PR - March 19th, 2010
Letter form Montreal CIC - Interview for PR pick-up March 26, 2010 X am :)