racoon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2010
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same thing happened to me,
they sent my application to the local office on January 20th, 2010. Till today I have not heard from them (2 months), however today an officer called my partner and requested his conformation of permanent residence (?). So I guess they opened my file, finally =)). I don't really know what will happen next, but I will update you when something changes.

Cheers, Raccoon

niseguy

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
are u mississauga as well... and plz what was the question the officer asked your partner?...did u get AIP in vegriville?

racoon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2010
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No I did not get my AIP yet (just like you). IO asked why didn't he put me on his application when he was applying for his PR as a skilled worker (answer: because we were not common law at the time). That's about it. I am in Saskatoon not Mississauga.

Cheers, Raccoon

pending

Star Member
Mar 15, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-2009
Can I ask does the same update show up under both logins. We can only log in under the applicant, we do not have a client ID number for the sponser (only apllicant has one) the recipt number is not working for the sponser....

gentibiraci

Mar 14, 2010
gentibiraci said:
Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the first letter that says "i've met the eligibility to be sponsored" referred to as AIP? This would be my second letter received from them which i haven't received yet but anxiously I await for. Basically it's the second time that my application says decicion made. The first time around it said that and then a week later i received the letter that said that i had met the eligibility also my wife got the same letter but referring to her as the sponsor that she had met the eligibility to sponsor me since you know they look at the sponsor's finances. Then after that it said medicals have been received and then the police checks and throughout this time my e-case would say IN PROCESS and then last friday it changed to DECISION MADE. So basically it went like this. IN PROCESS, DECISION MADE, IN PROCESS, DECISION MADE. Fyi, my file is in Vegreville AB.
Guys i have some good news. Although i'm still waiting for my letter in the mail, i already know what it is and not because i am a magician but an immigration officer from Etobicoke called me to set up the interview for my wife and i to give me my landing papers and PR however because the office in Vegreville has my passport she needed to track that down first before the interview could be scheduled which sucks because i have to wait a bit longer. But i'm surprised to get a call this fast even faster than getting my papers when i read here that some have had to wait more than 3 months for that. Now, anybody know what to expect other than the formalities where she checks if the papers are right? Thanks

niseguy

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
congratulations man 8) whats your timeline. did u get first stage approval in vegriville before u were transfered?

gentibiraci

Mar 14, 2010
These were my time lines as per e-case on the cic website.

We received your application for permanent residence on January 8, 2009.

We started processing your application on February 4, 2009.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted. ( that was the letter that said my wife and i met the eligibility, and that i should sent my medicals and police certificates from countries i've lived in the past 10 years)

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on December 9, 2009. Thank you for providing the information. (police certificate)

We received the requested information on January 30, 2010. Thank you for providing the information. (police certificate)

My e-case online says DECISION MADE

We sent you a letter on March 11, 2010 to ****MY ADDRESS**** about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
racoon said:
Same thing happened to me,
they sent my application to the local office on January 20th, 2010. Till today I have not heard from them (2 months), however today an officer called my partner and requested his conformation of permanent residence (?). So I guess they opened my file, finally =)). I don't really know what will happen next, but I will update you when something changes.

Cheers, Raccoon
congrats! u have moved a bit forward with ur case :)

niseguy

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
how so??? i have not even receive AIP.... what happens in local office. anybody with no AIP and transfered to Mississauga???

racoon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2010
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If they transfer your application to the local office before the AIP, this means that there probably be an indepth interview (like what is your spouses toothbrush color etc). That's the answer I got when I asked the same question (but Saskatoon instead of Mississauga, which really is the same thing). Hopefully me and you will avoid the annoying interview, but the odds are not in our favour unfortunatelly.
Cheers, Raccon

niseguy

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
thanx racoon ...... whats was ur timeline...me and u need to be updating each other as we are travelling in simillar train....lol

racoon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2010
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yeah we should, because I have not seen anybody else with the similar story here. I am so glad that now I have a buddy =))!

I wrote my time line earlier I think but anyway:

Application received: July 20th, 2009
Processing started: Aug 20th, 2009
Application sent to the local office: Jan 20th, 2010
They called to ask a question (a single question) yesterday

Cheers, Raccoon

getaround

Nov 4, 2009
I got my letter today after 'Decision made' it states I meet the eligibility and such and my application is closed and CIC Montreal will contact me. It states nothing about my application is approved for PR. I think this is AIP only. who knows how long it will be before Montreal CIC will call it could be months. So yes its good to have this letter that doesn't really explain where my application is and the reality is i'm still sitting in limbo till I have this interview.