etriumph

Nov 8, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mazimax said:
Hi etriumph

its Etobicoke local office. Any ideas?
I just want to have landed befor my OWP expires which is two months from now. I am confused about applying for a new one or not?

Thanks
MAx
Hi MAx, I really don't know Etobicoke's timeline, but you may call to CIC and ask them if they know the date for your Landing Interview and what they suggest you to do, they know better than anyone..................in my opinion why are you going to spend 150 dls for another Work Permit when in less than 2 months you will be Permanent Resident, so again, call CIC.... When did you receive your Decision Made?

Sternchen

Feb 23, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-09-2009
LANDED..........
19-04-2010
Purlage,
if you sent your extension application for the open work permit with the pr application, you will have implied status once your owp expires, which means that you can keep working under the same conditions until a decision is made on your pr application (first stage approval). Once they start processing your application they will send you a letter that they can not decide on the open work permit yet, but confirm that you have the implied status. So, basically, don't worry, keep working and try not to think about it too much.

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Does anybody know why it seems to take CIC longer and longer each week to update the website? And why the date always reflects the Monday of the week, even though there is no update until like....Friday?

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
BlueDragon17846 said:
Does anybody know why it seems to take CIC longer and longer each week to update the website? And why the date always reflects the Monday of the week, even though there is no update until like....Friday?
i noticed that too..

gentibiraci

Mar 14, 2010
hi everybody, i'm going through somewhat of a similar situation and i'm hopping somebody can shed some light in regards to my application.

We received your application for permanent residence on January 8, 2009.

We started processing your application on February 4, 2009.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted. ( that was the letter that said my wife and i met the eligibility, and that i should sent my medicals and police certificates from countries i've lived in the past 10 years)

Medical results have been received.

We received the requested information on December 9, 2009. Thank you for providing the information. (police certificate)

We received the requested information on January 30, 2010. Thank you for providing the information. (police certificate)

My e-case online says DECISION MADE

We sent you a letter on March 11, 2010 to ****MY ADDRESS**** about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

What should i be expecting, anybody know? Thanks

racoon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2010
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, you did it , the letter will say if you are approved of denied ....
Cheers and good luck, Raccoon

gentibiraci

Mar 14, 2010
thanks raccoon, i hope it's approved, i'm just so anxious now and don't know what to expect. there is no indication at all as to what the decision is, is there?

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
gentibiraci said:
thanks raccoon, i hope it's approved, i'm just so anxious now and don't know what to expect. there is no indication at all as to what the decision is, is there?
my bet is that it is good news :)

mattkantor

Mar 7, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergerville ON
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2009
AOR Received.
06-01-2010
Med's Done....
01-09-2009
gentibiraci said:
hi everybody, i'm going through somewhat of a similar situation and i'm hopping somebody can shed some light in regards to my application.

A decision has been made and you will be contacted. ( that was the letter that said my wife and i met the eligibility, and that i should sent my medicals and police certificates from countries i've lived in the past 10 years)

We received the requested information on December 9, 2009. Thank you for providing the information. (police certificate)

We received the requested information on January 30, 2010. Thank you for providing the information. (police certificate)

We sent you a letter on March 11, 2010 to ****MY ADDRESS**** about the decision on your application. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us. If we have sent the letter to the wrong address, please contact us.

Wow. That's awesome. That must be record time.

getaround

Nov 4, 2009
gentibiraci said:

Did you get your letter?

Is this first stage approval?

Mine states - My e-case online says DECISION MADE

March11th also,wondering if it first stage approval or what.

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
getaround said:
Did you get your letter?

Might be..dunno...when did you send your app in?

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
hmmm, not too familiar with Quebec process, though "decision made" is usually good news.

gentibiraci

Mar 14, 2010
getaround said:
Did you get your letter?

Correct me if i'm wrong but isn't the first letter that says "i've met the eligibility to be sponsored" referred to as AIP? This would be my second letter received from them which i haven't received yet but anxiously I await for. Basically it's the second time that my application says decicion made. The first time around it said that and then a week later i received the letter that said that i had met the eligibility also my wife got the same letter but referring to her as the sponsor that she had met the eligibility to sponsor me since you know they look at the sponsor's finances. Then after that it said medicals have been received and then the police checks and throughout this time my e-case would say IN PROCESS and then last friday it changed to DECISION MADE. So basically it went like this. IN PROCESS, DECISION MADE, IN PROCESS, DECISION MADE. Fyi, my file is in Vegreville AB.

etriumph

Nov 8, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, everybody, Im still waiting for my Landing Interview appointment, I had Decision Made on February 10, transfered to CIC Scarborough, but they didn't conctact us so far, so I called today to CIC to see if they know anything, because it's a month and days after DM, and a very nice lady told me to be patient, she confirmed I was approved ;D, and welcome me to Canada. 8) She said the timeline for Scarborough its 3 months, so I have to continue waiting :eek:, So hopefully I receive the letter one of these days.
Anyone who want to share their timeline for Scarborough? How long you wait for your Landing letter? Thanks!