Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
In regards to the call center, the right hand often doesn't know what the left is doing if you know what I mean. Best is to just use their info as a rough guide and stay patient. It'll come through.

Purlage

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BlueDragon17846 said:
In regards to the call center, the right hand often doesn't know what the left is doing if you know what I mean. Best is to just use their info as a rough guide and stay patient. It'll come through.
Cheers for the advice, BlueDragon.

We seem to have sent in our applications at a similar time but have differing fortune regarding the commencement of processing. I may start taking it personally in a week!

All the best.

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Are you able to log into e-CAS yet, Purlage? Mine is 7 days before you and today is exactly 7 days from when I first was able to log in. I would give it 'til the end of the week.

Purlage

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, I've tried to log on using the financial receipt number. That's the only identifying information I have that is on the drop-down menu. The problem I have is that I don't know if that number is incorrect or if they have in fact not started processing my file. It is also difficult to find out which as the call centre are unwilling to look up my case given that the "official" information states that they have not started processing files received after August. Anyway, we shall see what happens by the end of the week.

Thanks again.

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
I had my client ID number from my old visitor record that was extended. It is listed on your visitor record, it says "client id" it is listed under the box that says "country of citizenship" That is the same client id that is tied with your PR app. Try logging in with that, if you have one. If it doesn't work, or if you don't have one, I got my visitor extension exactly a week after I saw my PR app was "in process," so if you applied for an extension, you'll probably be getting yours by next week too. Hopefully.

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
BlueDragon17846 said:
Happy day, people!!! ;D Just got my visitor extension in the mail today. Sent the extension app in with my PR app inland Dec 14, started processing Mar 1. They gave me a year Mar 2 2010 - Mar 2 2011. Tho prolly means that it will take at least that long, lol ::)
Congrats! did u ask to extend it for a year or did they extended for longer period than u asked? i asked for 6 months..
other question is:
my visitor status extends at the end of march. should i call them and tell that i included request to extend my visit with my application cause they might not open my package for a month or so and my status will be expired by then (april). i wanted to write on the envelope that i included request to extend my stay but on that specific envelope there was no space anymore..

msabarish

Jan 20, 2009
Asta

From the posts I've read before, it looks like they always extend TRV by 1 year if you request for an extension. Historically, that's what Ive seen from people's experiences on this forum, but it depends from person to person and other circumstances.

joce288

Star Member
Nov 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
msabarish said:
Asta

From the posts I've read before, it looks like they always extend TRV by 1 year if you request for an extension. Historically, that's what Ive seen from people's experiences on this forum, but it depends from person to person and other circumstances.
My visitor's visa was only extended for 6 months :/

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Asta said:
Congrats! did u ask to extend it for a year or did they extended for longer period than u asked? i asked for 6 months..
other question is:
my visitor status extends at the end of march. should i call them and tell that i included request to extend my visit with my application cause they might not open my package for a month or so and my status will be expired by then (april). i wanted to write on the envelope that i included request to extend my stay but on that specific envelope there was no space anymore..
First, I asked for a year.

Also, don't worry about your status expiring right now because you mailed it in. As long as you mail your app into CIC before the date your current visa expires, you are good to go. If and when your old one expires, you are on "implied status" until you receive a new visa in the mail. Asta, its been almost 3 months since I sent my app in and I received my visitor visa in the mail. If you sent yours in Feb, you are probably looking at about late April, early May before anything comes to you. If they got your package, then they got your extension request...don't worry about it. I was starting to get jumpy and upset, but then there it was yesterday in the mail!

Purlage

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BlueDragon17846 said:
I had my client ID number from my old visitor record that was extended. It is listed on your visitor record, it says "client id" it is listed under the box that says "country of citizenship" That is the same client id that is tied with your PR app. Try logging in with that, if you have one. If it doesn't work, or if you don't have one, I got my visitor extension exactly a week after I saw my PR app was "in process," so if you applied for an extension, you'll probably be getting yours by next week too. Hopefully.
I actually have an open work permit so I tried using the number on that and got the same result. They update their records every Tuesday so I shall try again next Tuesday.

Regarding the extension I applied for an open work permit as part of my permanent residency application after having called them up to ask if this was something I could do. My current one expires at the end of May. I don't expect to receive that until the first stage approval however, which should be June so there's some discrepancy. Once they start processing I will try and talk to them about what I should do about the coming inconsistency.

Cheers.

mazimax

Nov 10, 2009
Hi there

I would really appericiate if sombody can help here. My question is how long does it take for the local office to call for the final landing interview. the file got transferred to the the local office in toronto by Vegarville AB after final decision made.

etriumph

Nov 8, 2009
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Depends on your Office, for example: CIC Scarborough's Timeline is 2 months, other offices less than a month, which one is your office?

djredeyes

Aug 26, 2009
BlueDragon17846 said:
HI,
can i pay my permanent residence fees & extension of visit visa on line?
m a little confused bec as per imm 5443 guide" processing fees: copy 2 of the receipt form stamped by a financial institution showing the amount paid..no other form of payment is acceptable...pls enlighten me tnx

mazimax

Nov 10, 2009
Hi etriumph

its Etobicoke local office. Any ideas?
I just want to have landed befor my OWP expires which is two months from now. I am confused about applying for a new one or not?

Thanks

MAx

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
djredeyes said:
HI,
can i pay my permanent residence fees & extension of visit visa on line?
m a little confused bec as per imm 5443 guide" processing fees: copy 2 of the receipt form stamped by a financial institution showing the amount paid..no other form of payment is acceptable...pls enlighten me tnx
inland application fee and visa extend fee we paid online, printed check and sent copy 2.