05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
BlueDragon17846 said:
Yippppeeeeeeeeee! Finally able to log into e-CAS....

We received your application for permanent residence on December 14, 2009.

We started processing your application on March 1, 2010.

***dancing around*** Yay!! ;D

I know you probably all think I am soooo insane, but WOW, it's about time that came through, and I was so nervous cuz I threw out the tracking number by accident, but now I feel great!!
yeyyy! congrats BlueDragon! im waiting for my turn.. ;)

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
they didnt even update their CIC site with processing dates this week :(

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Let's hope for tomorrow ::)

racoon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2010
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys,
today I logged on to ecas with my partners client ID (he sponsors me as a common law spouse).
Number one, apparently you can do it, took me 8 months to figure out haha
Number two, they received his application on July 20th, 2009 and started processing only on January 20th, 2010 it is half a year!!!! No wonder it takes them already 7,5 months to process my application if they did not even do anything about the first part of application ie sponsorship...
Damn I am so disappointed now, I wish I did not ever discover that =((
Cheers and good luck to everyone, Raccoon.

PS: had to withdraw my med application because it took longer than than 6 months (which is written on their website), now have to wait for the next year ....
Life sucks, Peace to everyone! =))

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
they updated and now it says sponsorship processing time 64 days, it used to be 38 days till today's update. and i remember it was apps till january 24 or so. now they back to jan 7. why did they slow down..anyways..

racoon, what do u mean by withdraw medical app? wait for next year for what? medicals lasts for a year. better to do it earlier than later. it will be faster that way. thats what i understand.

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Asta said:
they updated and now it says sponsorship processing time 64 days, it used to be 38 days till today's update. and i remember it was apps till january 24 or so. now they back to jan 7. why did they slow down..anyways..
Hi guys,

It is entirely possible that you are just referring to this part of the website, but I just wanted to be sure you are all not looking at the wrong column. First, I am assuming that you all are applying inland. If you are, you need to scroll down and look under Vegreville, you will see a column that says "spouse or common-law partner class". That is the only place you need to look for inland. If you are looking under the missisauga column, where it says "spouse or common-law partner class", that indicates the sponsorship portion for outland applications only (before they go overseas for processing). That does not apply at all for inland.

Right now, they are working on inland applications received up until Aug 24, and it still takes 6 months. So, you aren't going to get any letter or communication for at least six months after you send in your app. Maybe you all knew that already, I just wanted to make sure it was all clear, cuz the website is a little confusing..

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
yea i know that but i just noticed the changes.

so..u saying they not sending us a letter saying that our sponsor is aproved/or not? is it only for outlanders?

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
Asta said:
so..u saying they not sending us a letter saying that our sponsor is aproved/or not? is it only for outlanders?
Correct, that's only for outlanders. Inland applications, from what I understand, are processed sponsorship and applicant together. It gets looked over and (hopefully) approved for 1st stage approval (AIP, or Approval in Principle) at month 6. If you are approved, that means that they have deemed, from your application, from all the info that you and your sponsor have put together, that you are eligible to be a Permanent Resident. At that point, when you get AIP, you can apply for a work permit (if you haven't already sent an OWP with your PR app), and health insurance. (if it doesn't get approved, then it goes to the local CIC for an interview). Anyhow, you are not going to hear from them at all until month 6.

brightsage

Feb 8, 2010
Visa Office......
Vegerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 2nd. 2K10
Med's Done....
March 2nd. 2K10
BlueDragon17846 said:
Correct, that's only for outlanders. Inland applications, from what I understand, are processed sponsorship and applicant together. It gets looked over and (hopefully) approved for 1st stage approval (AIP, or Approval in Principle) at month 6. If you are approved, that means that they have deemed, from your application, from all the info that you and your sponsor have put together, that you are eligible to be a Permanent Resident. At that point, when you get AIP, you can apply for a work permit (if you haven't already sent an OWP with your PR app), and health insurance. (if it doesn't get approved, then it goes to the local CIC for an interview). Anyhow, you are not going to hear from them at all until month 6.
good explanation bluedragon..that is my understanding as well

Asta

Jan 20, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-2010
Doc's Request.
05-10-2010
Med's Done....
18-01-2010
Interview........
-
LANDED..........
01-03-2011
yeah i knew that all except that i was expecting to hear from them bout sponsor approval hehe.

i read here in the forum and one thing that scares me is some people complain that they get a call or letter from CIC telling them they will review their applications like after 2 years or so. do u know why it happens? that sounds so desperate :(

joce288

Star Member
Nov 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BlueDragon17846 said:
That's how I've understood the process hus far. My only question is why when I log into E-Cas does it say my application is "in process" as of feb. 10, 2010 when they only received it nov. 27th 2009?..Shouldn't "in process" be month 6 (in my case May) if they are only processing applications received through August right now?

S

spinell250

@joce288 ... from how i understand the process , when u send in your paperwork they process your application in two stages ... initially they look at the sponsorship application and other documents to make sure they have all the required documents , if your sponsor qualifies to sponsor you and all necessary paper in place then they go ahead and open a file and at that point . thats when they post in process on e-cas , and from that point it takes 5-6 months to get correspondence from them . i would advice not to pay too much attention to the time lines given on ecas as far as when they process applications received because going over everyones timelines it seems they post a date after they have processed applications preceding that date , maybe to eliminate people calling in to the center in the hundreds as soon as their dates are posted .... for alot of people i know by the time their dates are posted they are receiving communication regarding their application , approved or otherwise . most important thing is if you see "in progress" then it means they have looked at your documents and if need be they will send you communication if something is missing . so just be patient from that point on .

racoon

Star Member
Feb 8, 2010
Visa Office......
Vagerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No I meant med school application, I applied this year just because =)) I thought I will get my PR by January, but it never happened, so the admissions guys were nice enough to wait for my papers till March ... so now I have to withdraw my application from med school. That's what I meant ...
Going back to my depression, Raccoon

BlueDragon17846

Star Member
Oct 29, 2009
St. Catharines
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-03-2010
Doc's Request.
04-03-2011
LANDED..........
12-05-2011
spinell250 said:
@ joce288 ... from how i understand the process , when u send in your paperwork they process your application in two stages ... initially they look at the sponsorship application and other documents to make sure they have all the required documents , if your sponsor qualifies to sponsor you and all necessary paper in place then they go ahead and open a file and at that point . thats when they post in process on e-cas , and from that point it takes 5-6 months to get correspondence from them . i would advice not to pay too much attention to the time lines given on ecas as far as when they process applications received because going over everyones timelines it seems they post a date after they have processed applications preceding that date , maybe to eliminate people calling in to the center in the hundreds as soon as their dates are posted .... for alot of people i know by the time their dates are posted they are receiving communication regarding their application , approved or otherwise . most important thing is if you see "in progress" then it means they have looked at your documents and if need be they will send you communication if something is missing . so just be patient from that point on .
so what you are saying is that, say my app was sent in and received by Vegreville Dec 14, started processing on Mar 1, so then I count 5-6 months from Mar 1, not Dec 14? That would be like 8 months or so just for AIP decision stage since when I went to the post office and mailed it...that doesn't sound right, but I dunno.

joce288

Star Member
Nov 10, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BlueDragon17846 said:
so what you are saying is that, say my app was sent in and received by Vegreville Dec 14, started processing on Mar 1, so then I count 5-6 months from Mar 1, not Dec 14? That would be like 8 months or so just for AIP decision stage since when I went to the post office and mailed it...that doesn't sound right, but I dunno.
That confused me as well..I was always under the impression that it was 5-6 months from received date.. so it shocked me when it said mine was "in process".. if it's 5-6 months from the "in process" date that would be terrible!