I am also January inland applicant with the details below
  • Sent the application 28-Jan
  • Application receipt 30-Jan
  • AOR 19-Mar
  • Open work permit email 26-Mar
  • Medical request 10-Apr
  • Medical done 12-Apr
  • Medical update 20-Apr
Question 1- I haven't linked the OWP from the beginning, but I had linked the PR application online. But, I have already Open Work Permit yellow page. Not having OWP online link could impact the PR application? They are completely different application. I heard somewhere do not have link for the PR application could impact the timeline. Is that true?

Question 2- CIC did not request any documentation yet? I am from France, and living in Canada. I provided the police certification with the package at the beginning. Do you think they will send me the DM directly? Looks my process is late compare to the others which applied same time. Landing interview is mandatory for everybody? or they could send the PR card without any interview.

Thank you for your answers.

doza-canada

Star Member
May 22, 2019
@doza-canada, thank you for your answer! i mean to proove the shared finance, it was also one each ? and it has be the last statement or any date ? because i will stop working ( my contract will end ) , can i provide the one for end of july and i will apply lets say on september ?
I show The bank accounts In order to show that we have the same address and we added each other as beneficiary on all bank accounts. My husband is working and he added me on his health insurance. So we show that too. I don’t even work. M still in school.

doza-canada

Star Member
May 22, 2019
@doza-canada, thank you for your answer! i mean to proove the shared finance, it was also one each ? and it has be the last statement or any date ? because i will stop working ( my contract will end ) , can i provide the one for end of july and i will apply lets say on september ?
When I applied, I just gave them one of my previous statements. Doesn’t have to be the last last one. Anyone you think is good.

Reactions: siham44

seattlecalgary

Aug 1, 2008
I believe so. Car insurance, health insurance, bank accounts showing both names and same address.i think the most important one is the joint bank account. Because we don’t have utility bill or rental.
We sent joint bank account details for both of us and rent agreement which has both names for the condo.

Reactions: siham44

canaussie3014

Nov 7, 2016
Brampton, Ontario
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-01-2019
AOR Received.
03-15-2019
Med's Request
03-29-2019
Med's Done....
04-4-2019
Jan 24th applicant, same thing, SA was at July 5th but no word for PA exept that application was transferred to Ottawa office
Did they notify you that your file was transferred to Ottawa?

FRt4

Jun 24, 2019
Hello All,

I am also January inland applicant with the details below
  • Sent the application 28-Jan
  • Application receipt 30-Jan
  • AOR 19-Mar
  • Open work permit email 26-Mar
  • Medical request 10-Apr
  • Medical done 12-Apr
  • Medical update 20-Apr
Question 1- I haven't linked the OWP from the beginning, but I had linked the PR application online. But, I have already Open Work Permit yellow page. Not having OWP online link could impact the PR application? They are completely different application. I heard somewhere do not have link for the PR application could impact the timeline. Is that true?

Question 2- CIC did not request any documentation yet? I am from France, and living in Canada. I provided the police certification with the package at the beginning. Do you think they will send me the DM directly? Looks my process is late compare to the others which applied same time. Landing interview is mandatory for everybody? or they could send the PR card without any interview.

Thank you for your answers.
Hi!

1-
OWP and PR are different applications. You mentioned a “yellow page”. Did u mean that you received the OWP paper?
Not linking your OWP online won’t affect your PR application.
Not 100% sure of about delays if you don’t link your PR, but irrelevant as you have already done it anyways.

2-
You’re making it sound like CIC has an obligation to request additional docs. They don’t have to. They only will if needed.

They send you DM letter on your account a few days after it appears on ECAS. You’ll receive an email too.

Landing interview is mandatory for inland applicants. You can’t skip this step. They won’t send you a COPR (you’ll receive it during interview) or a PR card if you don’t go to your landing interview. They will contact you to let you know when and where your appointment is.

Last edited:

maverick0691

Jul 22, 2019
Has anyone had issues leaving while the PR application is in progress and then coming back to Canada?

My application has been in progress since February 20th, already passed medical, and gave fingerprints.

I am currently under "implied status" as my post-graduate work permit expires tomorrow, I applied for an OPW extension beginning of July and need to travel for work next week to New Orleans for 5 days to a conference.

Please advise, thanks.

Aruba101

Mar 20, 2019
What kind of lawyer do you have?? You definitely CAN apply for OWP while on implied status...I was on implied status when we applied for PR, OWP and I also applied for Restoration of Status (which means i asked my status to be restored to visitor). I got my OWP with less than 2 months!!
Yes I think we just got a really lazy one, I reminded him to apply for extension and all stuff, we relied too much on him and didnt do our research.
Anyways thanks for the help I'll try to get my bank activity printed and stamped by TD and explain how we were in paperless and no statement option and see if that works. I'm applying for drivers license well can give exam now so I'll give its receipt, and credit card and supplemtarty card we made last month... will try to get MP write a letter for us too.
Hope things work out

Reactions: maarja

Aruba101

Mar 20, 2019
I got my driving license while on tourist visa (they dont care what status you have in the country) - if you have driving license from your home country you might be able to exchange it for Canadian one at Service Ontario. There's also Ontario Photo Card that you could apply for (they only ask your passport and it costs 35 cad).
I checked and you don't have to be living together before applying for PR if you're sponsored by your husband (or wife).
Yeah, until they asked us for proof we realized all this, can I apply for photo I'd on implied status ? . I dont have a drivers license I never have driven, but I can give learners exam? Will that work

Aruba101

Mar 20, 2019
For my case, we donot have utility bill or any rental, we submitted telephone bills, driver license, separate bank accounts, and joint bank account. All shows same address. We just followed whatever on the checklist. And we also write a letter explaining our telephone bills and a brief explanation of everything. That's all. We didnt even get it notarized because we think it is enough. Hope it helps. Good luck!
We did submit joint account activity as we were paperless and on no statment by default, and now will try to give stamped one from TD and also bell Bill with just our numbers along with our family members and highlight that they are our numbers, as they have no names along numbers..

Aruba101

Mar 20, 2019
I show The bank accounts In order to show that we have the same address and we added each other as beneficiary on all bank accounts. My husband is working and he added me on his health insurance. So we show that too. I don’t even work. M still in school.
Can you add beneficiary on bank account too, my husband is on contract Job so just no insurance yet...