+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

Manpreetkmannu

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Our lawyer delayed it to a point that I had to apply for visitor extension, and you can not apply on implied status for work permit, I did include my online receipt with my name and address, looks like its just utility bill or rent agreement that they wanted, i dont know if i can get utility bill as of now as visitor without owp, or if 1 month bill will do anything
They will need more than 1 month of utility bill. If you have phone bills for your number and your husbands number for the period of time say since you started living together. And you have same address on you bills. You can use that too.

Reactions: maarja

Aruba101

Mar 20, 2019
Our lawyer delayed it to a point that I had to apply for visitor extension, and you can not apply on implied status for work permit, I did include my online receipt with my name and address, looks like its just utility bill or rent agreement that they wanted, i dont know if i can get utility bill as of now as visitor without owp, or if 1 month bill will do anything
Can visitors pay any bill? At all how come common law and all these waiting for PR have all bills and stuff.

cmvalle

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
Final timeline follows below. Only missing receiving PR Card in the mail.

Application sent: January 14 (from Port Coquitlam, BC)
Application received: January 16
PR application linked on GCKey: March 6
Acknowledgement of receipt: March 7
OWP application linked on GCKey: March 12
OWP approved: March 14
Medical approval: March 18 (done in November 2017)
OWP received in mail: March 20
Background check started on GCKey: May 8
Additional evidence of cohabitation requested on GCKey: May 9
Additional evidence sent through IRCC webform: May 15 (in eight separate enquiries)
E-mail confirmation of additional evidence received by IRCC: May 22 (first enquiry) and May 27 (remaining enquiries)
Ghost update on GCKey: June 17
Eligibility passed on GCKey (Approved in principle): June 20
Decision made on ECAS (both for Sponsorship Application and PR Application): June 21
Decision made letter received in PA’s e-mail: June 21
Eligibility letter received in Sponsor’s e-mail (Sponsor Approval): June 24
Landing Interview Invitation: July 23
Landing Interview Appointment: August 7 (at Vancouver Office)

Aruba101

Mar 20, 2019
They will need more than 1 month of utility bill. If you have phone bills for your number and your husbands number for the period of time say since you started living together. And you have same address on you bills. You can use that too.
We do have bill on our number but its comes as 1 bill for all four of our family members paid by my brother in law, theres only his name on bill and just our numbers, will that work?

Manpreetkmannu

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
We do have bill on our number but its comes as 1 bill for all four of our family members paid by my brother in law, theres only his name on bill and just our numbers, will that work?
Yeah you can give it a shot. You must have mentioned you contact number on Forms and all that matters is that number is yours. You can write a letter of explanation. Not very long but just few lines explaining same thing you explained here that you get 1 bill for all four members and highlight your number with highlighter.

Reactions: Aruba101

Manpreetkmannu

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Final timeline follows below. Only missing receiving PR Card in the mail.

Application sent: January 14 (from Port Coquitlam, BC)
Application received: January 16
PR application linked on GCKey: March 6
Acknowledgement of receipt: March 7
OWP application linked on GCKey: March 12
OWP approved: March 14
Medical approval: March 18 (done in November 2017)
OWP received in mail: March 20
Background check started on GCKey: May 8
Additional evidence of cohabitation requested on GCKey: May 9
Additional evidence sent through IRCC webform: May 15 (in eight separate enquiries)
E-mail confirmation of additional evidence received by IRCC: May 22 (first enquiry) and May 27 (remaining enquiries)
Ghost update on GCKey: June 17
Eligibility passed on GCKey (Approved in principle): June 20
Decision made on ECAS (both for Sponsorship Application and PR Application): June 21
Decision made letter received in PA’s e-mail: June 21
Eligibility letter received in Sponsor’s e-mail (Sponsor Approval): June 24
Landing Interview Invitation: July 23
Landing Interview Appointment: August 7 (at Vancouver Office)
Woww congratulations. That’s a brief and very helpful information.

RiyaAc

Jan 29, 2019
NEED SOME HELP!!
Guys, I’m still waiting on my PR. Going to send the officer additional docs as requested. However, my boyfriend might have to move to Montreal for work and I will most likely move with him. How does that affect my PR application?

Aruba101

Mar 20, 2019
Yeah you can give it a shot. You must have mentioned you contact number on Forms and all that matters is that number is yours. You can write a letter of explanation. Not very long but just few lines explaining same thing you explained here that you get 1 bill for all four members and highlight your number with highlighter.
Thanks a lot yea probably write in explanation letter both bill and income statements issue.
Would contacting MP help in it, if he writes a letter saying weve been living together if he does agree

doza-canada

Star Member
May 22, 2019
For my case, we donot have utility bill or any rental, we submitted telephone bills, driver license, separate bank accounts, and joint bank account. All shows same address. We just followed whatever on the checklist. And we also write a letter explaining our telephone bills and a brief explanation of everything. That's all. We didnt even get it notarized because we think it is enough. Hope it helps. Good luck!

maarja

Jan 2, 2019
Thanks for your reply, I did print all stats by print option in online banking, from each month from time application was sent,cic asks for proof of cohabitation from time you applied for married couples, but we were trusting our lawyer blindly didnt even collect proof,
For reapplying if you don't have work permit or identity document from canada as I'm still a visitor, how do you put utility Bill's on your name, I called internet company and they want govt I'd or din number that I dont have.. I'm yet on implied status as my visitir extension is in process, can I apply for Ontario photo Id while on implied status? Mybe after that I can put bill on my name?
I got my driving license while on tourist visa (they dont care what status you have in the country) - if you have driving license from your home country you might be able to exchange it for Canadian one at Service Ontario. There's also Ontario Photo Card that you could apply for (they only ask your passport and it costs 35 cad).
I checked and you don't have to be living together before applying for PR if you're sponsored by your husband (or wife).

Reactions: Aruba101

maarja

Jan 2, 2019
What kind of lawyer do you have?? You definitely CAN apply for OWP while on implied status...I was on implied status when we applied for PR, OWP and I also applied for Restoration of Status (which means i asked my status to be restored to visitor). I got my OWP with less than 2 months!!

siham44

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
@doza-canada, thank you for your answer! i mean to proove the shared finance, it was also one each ? and it has be the last statement or any date ? because i will stop working ( my contract will end ) , can i provide the one for end of july and i will apply lets say on september ?