+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

Mbm92

Star Member
Mar 13, 2019
Sorry forgot to share I was busy.

I received my landing interview on the 9th of July 2019.

The landing was on 17th of July, 2019.
The interview will be scheduled again because I didn’t have my passport at the interview. t’s seized with CBSA. I don’t know how long will it take to get the passport back to the local office and schedule the interview again. Anyway, wish everyone a good luck

Aruba101

Mar 20, 2019
Hi there, ive got a question

my husband and I applied for spousal sponsorship in 18 Jan 2019, we received a letter in may for more proof of cohabitation in which we provided
1.online joint bank activity (transactions) of me n my husband account, which we printed at home as we were on no statment (paperless) settings for 6 months out of 8 of joint banking, (we now have 3 paper statement which we can add to send more)

2. We sent letter from our mother in law telling how we live as joint family with her both sons and daughter in laws, and a letter from husbands brother and wife living with us.

3. We gave letter from one of our neighbors and a letter from husbands boss from work telling how he talks about me all the time.

4. We sent gym membership, wonderland season pass, Travel insurance on my name which I got after request of cohabitation ( as my husband dont have work insurance )

5.letter from my parents and aunt vouching the relationship.

6. My monthly charity donation online receipt saying my name and home address and few online purchases on my name.

7. Few chat with my husband in office and pictures of our trip to montreal along with husbands brother and his wife.

We explained in a explanation letter how we dont pay bills as joint family.

I do not have ontario Id, we applied for work permit in april 2019 which we didnt receive yet. I've applied for visitor extension in june and am on implied status for now, I'm scared what will happen if the app gets rejected, and if I dont get extension.

We recently opened our credit card accounts as my husband just have wallmart master card, added myself to family account of my mother and husband and his brother as well,

We have no credit card statements yet, but im now a supplemtary on husbands credit card.

We also asked our bell mobility to add my name on the bill along with primary payer of bill which they will send online.
As previously all bill came on 1 name of my brother in law who paid the internet bill for us all.

I really need help,What else can we do they gave us a letter again giving us 30 days to give more proof as the previous wasnt satisfactory. Weve SA and RPRF few days ago but rather than AIP I received that officer wasnt satisfied wd cohabitaion proof that I may not be eligible for immigration under spouse class. Weve been living together since August 2018 and had big reception and events as our Pakistani culture,

Please help us.

Last edited:

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018

my husband and I applied for spousal sponsorship in 18 Jan 2019, we received a letter in may for more proof of cohabitation in which we provided
1.online joint bank activity (transactions) of me n my husband account, which we printed at home as we were on no statment (paperless) settings for 6 months out of 8 of joint banking, (we now have 3 paper statement which we can add to send more)

2. We sent letter from our mother in law telling how we live as joint family with her both sons and daughter in laws, and a letter from husbands brother and wife living with us.

3. We gave letter from one of our neighbors and a letter from husbands boss from work telling how he talks about me all the time.

4. We sent gym membership, wonderland season pass, Travel insurance on my name which I got after request of cohabitation ( as my husband dont have work insurance )

6. My monthly charity donation online receipt saying my name and home address and few online purchases on my name.

7. Few chat with my husband in office and pictures of our trip to montreal along with husbands brother and his wife.

I do not have ontario Id, we applied for work permit in april 2019 which we didnt receive yet. I've applied for visitor extension in june and am on implied status for now, I'm scared what will happen if the app gets rejected, and if I dont get extension.

We recently opened our credit card accounts as my husband just have wallmart master card, added myself to family account of my mother and husband and his brother as well,

We have no credit card statements yet, but im now a supplemtary on husbands credit card.

We also asked our bell mobility to add my name on the bill along with primary payer of bill which they will send online.
As previously all bill came on 1 name of my brother in law who paid the internet bill for us all.

I really need help,What else can we do they gave us a letter again giving us 30 days to give more proof as the previous wasnt satisfactory. Weve SA and RPRF few days ago but rather than AIP I received that officer wasnt satisfied wd cohabitaion proof that I may not be eligible for immigration under spouse class. Weve been living together since August 2018 and had big reception and events as our Pakistani culture,

Please help us.
Are you applying as a common law relationship or are you guys are married ????

Aruba101

Mar 20, 2019
We are married, we had our religious wedding (nikkah) in 2015 in Canada, after completing our education in aug 2018 we had ruksati (started officially living together) and gave a big reception (called valima in our culture.) In canada. From aug 2018 I've been living with him.

Sunny329

Jul 23, 2018
We are married, we had our religious wedding (nikkah) in 2015 in Canada, after completing our education in aug 2018 we had ruksati (started officially living together) and gave a big reception (called valima in our culture.) In canada and From aug 2018 I've been living with him.
You should provide marriage certificate with other proff
Ask your friends and brother sisters to write for you both In which they mention you both are married and living together
And also attach pictures of your marriage and pictures which you took in random life like going outside and some parties

Aruba101

Mar 20, 2019
You should provide marriage certificate with other proff
Ask your friends and brother sisters to write for you both In which they mention you both are married and living together
And also attach pictures of your marriage and pictures which you took in random life like going outside and some parties
We did provide marriage certificate with forms but will send again, I did send pictures of our visits during the process of application but will send more. Thank you

RiyaAc

Jan 29, 2019
The reason they’re not satisfied is because you started living with him since August 2018 and it was 4 months at the time of application.
For spousal sponsorship under the sub category of marriage, they wouldn’t require you to stay together if you’re in different countries but it looks fishy if you got married in 2015 and started living together 3 years later. Unless you were in different countries during the 3 years. The definition of marriage-like relationship states that you should have been cohabiting and sharing financial, physical, emotional responsibilities, which therefore makes marriage, a relationship in which you cohabit and share financial, physical, emotional responsibilities. If you are not cohabiting at all, you’re not sharing those responsibilities in the eyes of the immigration officer. It doesn’t guarantee to the officer that the relationship would’ve been exclusive and not for convenience. However, if it’s common in your culture, try to provide evidence and state why you were required to or why you chose to not live with your husband when you guys started dating or after when you got married. Because if you have stated that you started living at his place since August 2018, you’re giving the officer a reason to not be satisfied. Hope this makes sense! Good luck

Reactions: suga

Aruba101

Mar 20, 2019
The reason they’re not satisfied is because you started living with him since August 2018 and it was 4 months at the time of application.
For spousal sponsorship under the sub category of marriage, they wouldn’t require you to stay together if you’re in different countries but it looks fishy if you got married in 2015 and started living together 3 years later. Unless you were in different countries during the 3 years. The definition of marriage-like relationship states that you should have been cohabiting and sharing financial, physical, emotional responsibilities, which therefore makes marriage, a relationship in which you cohabit and share financial, physical, emotional responsibilities. If you are not cohabiting at all, you’re not sharing those responsibilities in the eyes of the immigration officer. It doesn’t guarantee to the officer that the relationship would’ve been exclusive and not for convenience. However, if it’s common in your culture, try to provide evidence and state why you were required to or why you chose to not live with your husband when you guys started dating or after when you got married. Because if you have stated that you started living at his place since August 2018, you’re giving the officer a reason to not be satisfied. Hope this makes sense! Good luck
Oh I was in my home country from my birth till 2018 august, just visited him twice in these years. I never lived in Canada until I came to canada in july 2018 n started living together after our reception in aug 2018

maarja

Jan 2, 2019

Please help us.
What you said they asked was proof of cohabitation but what you described you sent was proof of relationship. These are two totally different things.
You may have been in a relationship for 10 years but in order to apply for PR you also need to prove that you have lived together at least 1 year prior to your application.
Proof of cohabitation would be rental agreement that has both of your names, utility bills with both names, any government IDs from both of you showing same address, phone bills from both of you dating back to when you started living together and 1 year later showing same address, bank statements (if you did paperless bank then you still have bank statements with registered address on your online banking) etc...Also, in your situation they dont care about your banking activity or your purchase history but the address on it.
Letters from family members and chats - all they prove is that your relationship is genuine but not that you are cohabiting together.

Aruba101

Mar 20, 2019
What you said they asked was proof of cohabitation but what you described you sent was proof of relationship. These are two totally different things.
You may have been in a relationship for 10 years but in order to apply for PR you also need to prove that you have lived together at least 1 year prior to your application.
Proof of cohabitation would be rental agreement that has both of your names, utility bills with both names, any government IDs from both of you showing same address, phone bills from both of you dating back to when you started living together and 1 year later showing same address, bank statements (if you did paperless bank then you still have bank statements with registered address on your online banking) etc...Also, in your situation they dont care about your banking activity or your purchase history but the address on it.
Letters from family members and chats - all they prove is that your relationship is genuine but not that you are cohabiting together.
Is the 1 year prior proof of cohabitation required for married couple too?,
We live as a joint family with husbands parents and brother. All Bill's are paid under parents name and so is house lease. We did explain this in explanation letter. I have no statement paperless setting till may, so only statment we have is may to june, and soon next will come for june to july, but not from the time we applied so it's not a good proof, we did send bank activity for each month but they were online and I printed so probably they are useless. Our lawyer didnt tell us anything about keeping bill or statements, as a visitor I've no Id or govt document on my name, as owp didnt come till now.
Let's see if adding my name on bell bill along with primary and giving stat of June july might help, probably we just ruined the application..
Is it better to take application back and reapply if I have only these proof or should I send these and wait?

Can we reapply on implied status?

Last edited:

Esmee178

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
Yes i have already applied... and have the app number.. how long do they take to respond?? i have to submit my wife's COVOG before end of this month...
It took 2 weeks for me but that was in the Netherlands. Maybe you can call Justis and tell them you need it asap for immigration purposes. If that doesnt work just contact IRCC and tell them you applied but couldn't get it in time. I read that it's never really a problem. No worries.