24th january recieved
13th march AOR
27th march medical rec
26th april medical passed
16th may proof of cohabitation request
16th background check started
25th june ghost update
5th july SA

no AIP yet or any other info, In SA letter they said IRCC will contact PA shortly but were silent since 5th July. Does anyone know if SA means sponsorship is approved and now they are working on PR?

Reactions: Esmee178

phohn752

Jul 9, 2019
Hello,
My fiance arrived in Canada from Texas in 2017 on a study permit. We sent her Family class (common-law) PR application in January 2019.
Here is our application timeline:

Jan 29: Application received
Mar 14: Processing sponsor application
Mar 21: Applicant medical correspondence - she got her medical and submitted it promptly
May 23: Sent applicant correspondence (provide further proof of common-law status) - we then submitted a notarized Declaration of Common-Law
Jun 28: Both statuses DM
July 5: Sponsor deemed eligible to sponsor PR
July 9: Applicant deemed eligible to apply for PR* (is this AIP?)

*The email for applicant eligibility did not mention any landing interview or "approved in principle" or AIP. It did contain some interesting phrasing as below:
"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
until you and all your family members have met these requirements.
"

Any insights as to where we stand? Can we expect the interview invitation soon? I haven't seen this particular email message described in the forum.

kristoph29

Star Member
Mar 23, 2019
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
25-01-2019
Hello everyone! I am 24th January applicant,
24th january recieved
13th march AOR
27th march medical rec
26th april medical passed
16th may proof of cohabitation request
16th background check started
25th june ghost update
5th july SA

no AIP yet or any other info, In SA letter they said IRCC will contact PA shortly but were silent since 5th July. Does anyone know if SA means sponsorship is approved and now they are working on PR?
Same here. I got SA but no Decision made under PA. Eligibility is still under review.

phohn752

Jul 9, 2019
Hello,
My fiance arrived in Canada from Texas in 2017 on a study permit. We sent her Family class (common-law) PR application in January 2019.

Mar 21: Applicant medical correspondence - she got her medical and submitted it promptly
May 23: Sent applicant correspondence (provide further proof of common-law status) - we then submitted a notarized Declaration of Common-Law

*The email for applicant eligibility did not mention any landing interview or "approved in principle" or AIP. It did contain some interesting phrasing as below:
"It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
"

Any insights as to where we stand? Can we expect the interview invitation soon? I haven't seen this particular email message described in the forum.
(shortly following our "applicant deemed eligible" email)
July 9: Application processing completed, Vancouver Immigration will contact to schedule landing interview! (This must be the AIP!)

Shelliswhite

Star Member
Nov 18, 2018
Got my landing letter today after my interview was scheduled.

Jan 24 AOR
March 15 OWP approved
March 27 OWP received
April 5 Medical exam request
April 6 Medical exam submitted
April 13 Medical passed
May 15 Background check started, home county police certificate required
May 27 Additional documents required received
June 25 ghost update
June 26 Ghost update again
July 3 call in notice - Landing interview scheduled
July 9 Landing letter received and PR completed
July 15 Landing interview scheduled

Ps: i never received DM, AIP or SA

Shout out loud to all the folks here. Hope ur application goes smooth and process fast.

I will try to help if you had any questions.

cosymoves

Jun 25, 2019
Just got a letter that says:
"We are please to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Vancouver Immigration will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident appication"

Is this it?! Am I an interview short of getting PR!?!?!?!?!?

btw. Case submitted January 9th - for timeline reference

Last edited:

Cbltmore

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
Got my landing letter today after my interview was scheduled.

Jan 24 AOR
March 15 OWP approved
March 27 OWP received
April 5 Medical exam request
April 6 Medical exam submitted
April 13 Medical passed
May 15 Background check started, home county police certificate required
May 27 Additional documents required received
June 25 ghost update
June 26 Ghost update again
July 3 call in notice - Landing interview scheduled
July 9 Landing letter received and PR completed
July 15 Landing interview scheduled

Ps: i never received DM, AIP or SA

Shout out loud to all the folks here. Hope ur application goes smooth and process fast.

I will try to help if you had any questions.
You will still get them. Maybe this week or the next but they will come still.

Cbltmore

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
Just got a letter that says:
"We are please to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada office in Vancouver Immigration will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident appication"

Is this it?! Am I an interview short of getting PR!?!?!?!?!?

btw. Case submitted January 9th - for timeline reference
Yes, you should be receiving your landing letter shortly. Congrats!!

Cbltmore

Star Member
Feb 16, 2019
Hello,

"

Yes. You were approved
Hello,

"

Yes. You were approved. Congrats