+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

Mar 13, 2019
I followed this website: https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spousal_Sponsorship-Canada/FAQ_-_New_Application_Forms#How_do_I_access_MyCIC.3F and can successfully link it. I have extracted the relevant part here....

Good Luck!

3. Link your application to your MyCIC account.

Disclaimer: This part has been tricky and inconsistent for different users. To link your account, you have to enter a particular combination of information, and that set of information seems to vary person by person.

Note that you can link your application (or at least try to!) anytime from say 7 - 10 days after you know it was received in Mississauga, you do not have to wait for AOR (although AOR will give you the valuable additional information necessary for some linking methods, like application number and UCI etc.).

• Log in to your MyCIC account (described above) in the ‘Welcome to GCKey’ screen.
  • In the ‘Welcome XXXX’ screen, click on the Continue button.
  • In the ‘Terms and Conditions’ screen, click the ‘I Accept’ button.
  • In the ‘Identity Validations’ screen, you are asked one of your security questions. Answer it and click on the ‘Continue’ button.
  • In your CIC Account screen, scroll down to the headings marked ‘Link an existing application to this account’ and click on the ‘Link application to this account’ button.
  • In the ‘Link Application’ screen:
    • Scroll down to the ‘category’ drop list and select ‘Permanent Residence’. This displays a Sub-Category.
    • In this sub-category drop list, select the correct sub-category (i.e., Family Class (Spouses)). This displays an ‘Application details’ section.
    • In the ‘Application Details’ section and in the 'Please select one' drop list, select the combination of data items you want to use to try to link your application. Most of them have been reported to work, but one has worked for many people is the 'Application Number and Family Name' option. See below for details on this.
There does not appear to be any magic best route with guaranteed success. Also note that there is a maximum of 5 attempts to link in any one 24 hour period allowed (although some have reported that it locks out after 4 failed attempts). You can of course have another 5 attempts the next day etc. But a logical approach to the various data permutations you use and persistence seem to pay off. Many people have made 15-30 different combination attempts over several days before they succeeded.

One of the oft-quoted ‘secrets of success’ seems to be to enter the bare minimum of information the screens will accept, rather than simply completing each and every field presented on the screens (you can use the 'failed validation warnings', so the red arrows that appear telling you what you have missed when you try to submit).

Method 1

One particular route to success that several people have had luck with is the ‘Application number / Family name’ option:

• Select the ‘Application number and family name’ option.
  • Chose number of applicants as 2 (i.e. the Principal Applicant and the Sponsor)
  • Enter the application number allocated by CIC and the family name
  • Hit the 'Submit' button. A validation error occurs
  • The validation red arrows indicate that only the birth details section is required (i.e. none of the passport section was highlighted - the drop lists for the passport sections were still available for editing however, normally the unnecessary fields tended to be greyed out and turned off).
Method 2

• Select Application Number and Family name
  • Fill your family name (surname), given name and date of birth as per Passport or Application form. PUT YOUR FAMILY NAME IS THIS FORMAT - Smith (ensuring the first letter is capitalized) THEN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE.
  • Then fill in Application number and AGAIN PUSH SPACE BAR ONCE.
  • Next in applicant personal info panel fill CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH, DO NOT FILL IN ANY PASSPORT INFORMATION. AGAIN WRITE ON THE SAME FORMAT (CAPITALISED FIRST LETTER OF YOUR CITY) AND PUT A SPACE AFTERWARDS
  • Select Province and town you intend to live in (as on your IMM0008) and select current marital Status.
  • Finally select 2 as the number of family members AND AGAIN ADD A SPACE AT THE END.
  • Once you fill all information, Click on Search for my application
The above are merely two examples that succeeded for people by a process of trial and error.
DO I need to do it from Principal Applicant CIC account or Sponsors Account?

Flori-Ana

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Thanks! First the first time I am able to log on on ECAS!!
It says processing started 18th March.

Does that mean I can expect AOR soon? Dont see anything about OWP yet.
It probably means that you will receive AOR soon. There's one person in the January Outland forum that is In Process and did not get AOR after some days, but apparently this is rare.

Moonmooon

Mar 19, 2019
Hi, I sent my application on 28 January and it delivered 29th. I tried to link my app and succeeded! In CIC and even ecas today. Is it a good sign? Can I think that I'm going to get AOR soon or can my app still come back? When I checked ECAS with my husband's info which is the sponsor, it said that "1. We received your application on 30th, January. 2. We started processing your application on March 18."

Last edited:

LightRose

Star Member
Aug 6, 2018
Ottawa ontario
Try to take a step back, you're going to stress yourself out if you're already losing patience. There is a lot of waiting throughout the entire process.
I did call and one lady told me theyr working on Jan 23, and I just have to wait depending on the agent that has my application
Its HARD waiting, Especially for the begining, when its either yes accepted or no returned.

kcward7

VIP Member
May 4, 2017
I did call and one lady told me theyr working on Jan 23, and I just have to wait depending on the agent that has my application
Its HARD waiting, Especially for the begining, when its either yes accepted or no returned.
Always take call center information with a grain of salt. They give out misinformation all the time.

Imjennah

Star Member
Feb 17, 2019
Don't stress yourself. AOR is just the first thing and honestly this process has a lot of waiting in silence. I know thinking of an app getting returned is stressful but you are still in the time frame for AOR up to 3 months after your application was recieved.

paladinav

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
I was filling out the excel sheet and realized that the ECAS says:
PA's ECAS says In Process
(YYYY-MM-DD)

Does anyone know the difference between the sponsorship application and the application for permanent residency?
When I login with PAs credentials - I only see:
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on ...
When I use Sponsors credentials I see an additional column titled 'Sponsorship Application Status - In process'
Any one know the difference between the two? Looked around the forum for a bit but didnt find anything.

mahdikhademi

Oct 23, 2017
Hi Every one

I have received an Email from CIC responding to my enquiries for adding receipt of payment for the work permit. please see it below. Does anybody have the same experience?

why they start with good day mahdi???

"Good day Mahdi

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided; however, it differs from the one we have on file.

In order to better assist you, we invite you to resubmit your request by filling out the IRCC Web form and include the following information:

• Surname and complete given name - exactly as they appear on the passport or identity document,
  • Date of birth (YYYY-MM-DD),
  • Client ID Number, UCI or Application Number,
  • Country of birth,
  • Type of application,
  • Date on which the application was submitted to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada,
  • Mailing method (courier, Canada Post (registered or regular mail), etc.),
    • company used,
    • confirmation no.,
  • Office where the application was submitted (city, country),
  • Receipt number,
  • Current address,
  • Telephone number(s),
  • Email address, and
  • All documents submitted with your previous request."