+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

IamJems

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
You are all an absolute godsend, watching the spreadsheet is keeping my (HUGE) anxiety at bay, thank you all! Please remember to update it if you get a change, it helps so much for those of us still waiting!

Reactions: LightRose

ExpatDad

Jun 17, 2018
I am the sponsor. My wife is the principal applicant.

I just received an email saying my sponsorship was approved, but she has yet to receive either an email or post notification:

1. Does this mean that her AOR is a done deal? Can we breathe a sigh if relief yet?
  2. Will she get her own notification, or is mine supposed to cover both of us?
  3. We submitted her OWP with the PR app. Does this mean that the OWP has also been accepted for processing? We have been worried cause her visa expired just after we submitted the application, and so she is on implied status, and we were counting on the OWP application being accepted, and not returned.
  4. To look online, do I need my own account, or can I use her GCkey now?
Thanks for any clarification you can bring.

PR + OWP Sent: 01/13/19
PR + OWP Received 01/15/19
SA: 03/07/19

cmvalle

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
I am the sponsor. My wife is the principal applicant.

I just received an email saying my sponsorship was approved, but she has yet to receive either an email or post notification:

1. Does this mean that her AOR is a done deal? Can we breathe a sigh if relief yet?
  2. Will she get her own notification, or is mine supposed to cover both of us?
  3. We submitted her OWP with the PR app. Does this mean that the OWP has also been accepted for processing? We have been worried cause her visa expired just after we submitted the application, and so she is on implied status, and we were counting on the OWP application being accepted, and not returned.
  4. To look online, do I need my own account, or can I use her GCkey now?
Thanks for any clarification you can bring.

PR + OWP Sent: 01/13/19
PR + OWP Received 01/15/19
SA: 03/07/19
I can only speak based on my own experience, but let’s go:

1. Yes, don’t worry about it. Your application has been approved.
2. I believe only the principal applicant gets an email, but I’m not sure.
3. There’s still a chance that the OWP application will be returned, but don’t worry about it for now. It can take them up to five extra days to input it into their system. Try linking the OWP application it to your GCKey account with your personal info a couple of times a day until it works.
4. This is a wild guess but I believe you can do it on both accounts, or just one, or neither. The purpose for linking it is simply to help you get updates faster.

Reactions: ExpatDad

Spouse.Canada

Feb 19, 2019
Hi guys,

What is the next step after AOR?
I do not mean the linking the application. I meant what will happen? How long usually does it take that they request medical exam?
Thanks

Ricster

Oct 30, 2017
That’s crazy! May I ask when you got the AOR and when you were able to link your OWP application on GCKey?
I got my AORs yesterday for both PR and OWP but I was able to link my applications before I received AORs. I'm really happy I got the OWP, now I can keep working without an issue!

cmvalle

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
I got my AORs yesterday for both PR and OWP but I was able to link my applications before I received AORs. I'm really happy I got the OWP, now I can keep working without an issue!
That’s awesome! My work permit is going to expire on March 14 so if everything goes well I won’t be able to work only for 1 or 2 weeks :)

dj0010

Star Member
Jan 2, 2018
You receive the open work permit already in the mail? When did you get the aor?

cmvalle

Star Member
Feb 24, 2018
Did you actually get an AOR for the OWP? I called them today and they said the only way to find out is to keep trying to link the application on GCKey.

Ricster

Oct 30, 2017
You receive the open work permit already in the mail? When did you get the aor?
Not in the mail, but on the system. I logged in and it said:

"Final decision Your application was approved. Check your messages below for details."

And I got a 2-year work permit.

I got the AOR yesterday.

Reactions: dj0010