+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

ilk_

Jan 26, 2019
Oww we have an exactly the same timeline!

Im done with the medical last march 21 too but the case my doctor hasn't sent it yet through emedical system. Got some medical issues. But I phoned them up yesterday and today they will transmit the result since it has been completed. I am just not sure whether the issues i am worried of have changed. Hopefully after sending MR we got our OWP. Some people here got theirs after sending MR and got owp with restrictions.

Lets hope our time comes! Share to us when you get your owp.
just after i posted we got OWP the letter. The letter is dated March 25th but we received the email today. It is valid until March 24,2021

Esmee178

Star Member
Jan 23, 2019
I still don't have my OWP yet but on my account it says: "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." so they seem to be working on it. The impatience is real. We, the january applicants, really get spoiled and that makes me really impatient haha.

issorv

Mar 21, 2017
Question for those who have their OWP already approved, do you guys have valid status in Canada?

I was just thinking if that's an issue in approving OWP because my status ended last Mar 5. But, I applied for a visitor extension before it expired. So, technically I'm on an implied status.

Reactions: paladinav

paladinav

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
I still don't have my OWP yet but on my account it says: "We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements." so they seem to be working on it. The impatience is real. We, the january applicants, really get spoiled and that makes me really impatient haha.
This is so true! Quite a few of the other threads are surprised at how fast Jan is processing. (knock on wood)

paladinav

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
Question for those who have their OWP already approved, do you guys have valid status in Canada?

I was just thinking if that's an issue in approving OWP because my status ended last Mar 5. But, I applied for a visitor extension before it expired. So, technically I'm on an implied status.
I'm on the same boat, status ended 8th March.

CAN-AL2018

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018

It did not delay the approval of the OWP for us and we submitted the documents 2 weeks before my husband's visitor status ended (so he was on implied status when he got OWP).

RiyaAc

Jan 29, 2019
Hey guys i was finally able to link my OWP application. Apparently, i messed up one digit of my UCI which is why i couldn't link it until today lol!
I sent out my application on January 29, they received my application on Feb 01 and I received my AOR on March 21. But when I linked my OWP app right now, it says they received my application on January 25, which is not possible.
Are they messing up some information on their end?

Reactions: xan and mrowkamb16

CAN-AL2018

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
Hey guys i was finally able to link my OWP application. Apparently, i messed up one digit of my UCI which is why i couldn't link it until today lol!
I sent out my application on January 29, they received my application on Feb 01 and I received my AOR on March 21. But when I linked my OWP app right now, it says they received my application on January 25, which is not possible.
Are they messing up some information on their end?
It does that to everyone. I haven’t seen a logical explanation why it does that, but you definitely don’t have to worry about it!

Reactions: xan and mrowkamb16

ilk_

Jan 26, 2019

I also have another question. My husband has multi entry tourist visa which expires 2024. Since he got his OWP can we go travelling while waiting for PR?

CAN-AL2018

Star Member
Nov 28, 2018
I also have another question. My husband has multi entry tourist visa which expires 2024. Since he got his OWP can we go travelling while waiting for PR?
The short answer is that it's your choice and it comes down to a risk assessment of your own personal situation. You are not guaranteed entry into Canada with an OWP and a tourist visa, but they are the right documents to show at the border when coming back in. Keep in mind that long trips away from Canada don't look good for your inland application since you are supposed to be residing here (could be a reason for refusal) and that if you are refused entry back into the country, your application will be abandoned. Many people have gone on small trips and haven't had issues, but there is always a risk.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1287&top=22