+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

**INLAND SPOUSE SPONSORSHIP JANUARY 2019**

Keepfaith09

Star Member
Feb 28, 2019
Hi. How many days pr card will be receive? I haven’t received mine vancouver applicant. Landed last october 22nd 2019. Til now pr card not yet coming in the mail?

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
Hey Guys,

My wife came to Canada under open work permit as a dependent in 2018 when I was on Work permit as well.
Then I got my PR first and we applied for sponsorship during Jan 2019. We didnt apply for her OWP as part of it. The PR is still in background process.
Now that her work visa is going to end in Dec 20 2019, I believe there is no issue in applying for OWP as she is a PR applicant.

Can you guys tell me if this is okay? Or if there can be any issue.

corincan

Star Member
Apr 2, 2019
Hi. How many days pr card will be receive? I haven’t received mine vancouver applicant. Landed last october 22nd 2019. Til now pr card not yet coming in the mail?
I landed in Montreal on Oct 24th and I received my card on Oct 30th. They advised me it could take up to a month to arrive, so you could try calling them to ask about it if you are worried. Could you link your PR card to your GCKey? I did that and I could see when they sent it to me.

gopsarbabu

Jun 23, 2014
Hi Friends,

Need your advise.

I got the PPR email and have forwarded my passports to Abudhabi embassy and waiting for COPR.

The CSQ and PR is only for myself and my two kids. My husband is excluded as I had applied as single applicant with kids due to points shortage.

We plan to soft land by February 2020 for two weeks and come back. Now my question is :

1. When can I apply for my spouse visa (PR) after getting my PR card. Any time frame is there.

2. Is it possible to take visit visa for him by me and we all can travel to Montreal as a family and then apply for Open Work Permit for him so that family is not seperated.

3. How long does it take to get Spouse PR if I apply inland?. I know it’s a case to case basis but still need to know the approximate time.

4. We work in Middle East. Kindly advise us the best time to settle in Montreal so that my children studies are not affected. They are in class 3 and UKG.

Kindly advise.

Thanks..

atbuera

Aug 6, 2015
Update:

I know this is a lil bit late, but still for reference of everybody here.

Jan 25, 2019: App Received
Mar 14, 2019: Sponsor AOR
Mar 20, 2019: Medical Request
Mar 20, 2019: PR Linked to GCKey
Mar 21, 2019: Medical Performed
Mar 26, 2019: OWP Returned
Mar 26, 2019: OWP Resubmitted
Mar 28, 2019: OWP Received In Edmonton
April 25, 2019: OWP App Linked to GCKey
April 27, 2019: Medical Submitted
May 21, 2019:Background Check Started
June 26, 2019: Background Check Passed
June 26, 2019:pR - Started Reviewing Eligibility
June 27, 2019: SA - Decision Made
June 28, 2019: OWP - Started Reviewing Eligibility
July 02, 2019: OWP Approved
July 08, 2019: OWP Received in Mail
July 18, 2019: Medical Exam Passed
July 22, 2019: PR - Decision Made
July 26, 2019: Application completed letter
Aug 16, 2019: Landing Interview Invitation
Aug 29, 2019: COPR
Waiting for PR Card to be delivered

After many months of waiting finally the process was over. Thank you for those who shared their timelines and opinions here. Im sure it helped us ease our worries during the waiting times or maybe give worrisome to others. Nevertheless, be patient and pray!

Goodluck!
Hello Congratulations!

Can you share your landing interview experience with your spouse and the questions they normally ask? Thank you.

Reactions: Topethedop

Scion721

Sep 11, 2019
We were asked to provide proof of seized passport as the last of our inland spousal application. How long before we get the invitation letter of permanent residence? Cic has said they are only waiting on cbsa to confirm the seized passort and have been waiting about a month for a reply.. do you think this is normal? How do we submit a second request to cic so they can re-request cbsa for this info. Or do we just sit tight?

Applied in January 2019.

Tia

Anxious and worried

CA_from_Seattle

Sep 29, 2019
Scion721, when your passport was seized (mine was 2), did you have to go to the cbsa to an appointment? I did and at that appointment where I turned down the PRA, a lady from the cbsa called us on speakerphone and said it was her job to contact IRCC and try to expedite my application. She took my email address and wrote me later that day to inform me that she had expedited my application.

The reason I ask if this happened to you is because as soon as I received decision made and it stated that they were waiting on my passport to be returned I wrote this lady (Mariya) and asked her if she could help, I forwarded the email from IRCC and she did help, she returned my passport and helped speed up things for me. I read elsewhere on this forum that it can take a good month for the CBSA to return a passport to the IRCC!

Hope this helps, and hope you have a CBSA as I was fortunate enough to have, otherwise it may take a while..

Al

Pooriak

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Hi All , my app received at 25 January!
And I passed my eligibility last week !
And still on Back ground check !
No medical request or ....!
I’m so mixed up & my time line have only 25 days !
Anyone have experience in this situation?

Scion721

Sep 11, 2019
Hi All , my app received at 25 January!
And I passed my eligibility last week !
And still on Back ground check !
No medical request or ....!
I’m so mixed up & my time line have only 25 days !
Anyone have experience in this situation?
Oh my! Have you called cic? Do they have everything they need? 2 emails did not come into our inbox. But i was informed by an agent, about some pretty important info . Like requesting proof of residency, and provinding passport

Scion721

Sep 11, 2019
Scion721, when your passport was seized (mine was 2), did you have to go to the cbsa to an appointment? I did and at that appointment where I turned down the PRA, a lady from the cbsa called us on speakerphone and said it was her job to contact IRCC and try to expedite my application. She took my email address and wrote me later that day to inform me that she had expedited my application.

The reason I ask if this happened to you is because as soon as I received decision made and it stated that they were waiting on my passport to be returned I wrote this lady (Mariya) and asked her if she could help, I forwarded the email from IRCC and she did help, she returned my passport and helped speed up things for me. I read elsewhere on this forum that it can take a good month for the CBSA to return a passport to the IRCC!

Hope this helps, and hope you have a CBSA as I was fortunate enough to have, otherwise it may take a while..

Al
Thanks for your response ca_from_seatle...so ... cbsa took my hubby passport at the border when he declared refugee status.. then life went on .. we met ..blah blah blah.. got married. But before we got married a few weeks before that he got rejected for his case. The first hearing , i think. So he was not eligible for pra yet. But he goes to cbsa for monthly attendance. Now we have been married a year our case online says 17 days left. We called cic , they said they requested cbsa for the passport ( which is actually expired) now cic says they sent a second request early dec. so cbsa has not responded in about 2 months. I was reading online we personally, should not contact cbsa. But is that what you did? Was Mariya your cbsa main contact? Cic says just to wait. ... the waiting game is just killing me. Whats scary is if cbsa gives him a deportation date ... though our case is so close to the end .

Pooriak

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Oh my! Have you called cic? Do they have everything they need? 2 emails did not come into our inbox. But i was informed by an agent, about some pretty important info . Like requesting proof of residency, and provinding passport
Actually when I call it’s only auto answer I don’t how I should talk with an agent!
Can you tell me how can I do that plz ?

Zandolie

Aug 31, 2019
Thanks for your response ca_from_seatle...so ... cbsa took my hubby passport at the border when he declared refugee status.. then life went on .. we met ..blah blah blah.. got married. But before we got married a few weeks before that he got rejected for his case. The first hearing , i think. So he was not eligible for pra yet. But he goes to cbsa for monthly attendance. Now we have been married a year our case online says 17 days left. We called cic , they said they requested cbsa for the passport ( which is actually expired) now cic says they sent a second request early dec. so cbsa has not responded in about 2 months. I was reading online we personally, should not contact cbsa. But is that what you did? Was Mariya your cbsa main contact? Cic says just to wait. ... the waiting game is just killing me. Whats scary is if cbsa gives him a deportation date ... though our case is so close to the end .
Hi any update on your hubbys passport or PR application?

Pooriak

Star Member
Mar 5, 2019
Hi all I really
Need some help ! I’m from 25 January 2019 & I’m still on background check ! Is it normal ?