+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship

Miletski05

Jan 31, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Hi,

I have received a letter from CIC which gives us an Application Number for our application which states:

"This is an automated system-generated letter to acknowledge the receipt of your application. Your
application has been assigned the unique file number indicated at the top of this letter. All your
correspondence with this office should refer to that unique file number.

This confirms that your application for Permanent Residence under the Spouse or common-law partner in Canada class has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on xxxxx.

You will receive further correspondence once your application is under review by an agent.
Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada."

I would like to ask what would be the next step?

I also have a pending Tourist Visa Extension that would expire on Dec 22, 2016 (we passed my extension online on Nov 09, 2016). We are just worried that my tourist visa would expire and was wondering should we contact IRCC (Web Form) and inform them that we have a pending application and needs to have my extension approved?

Thanks!

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Miletski05 said:
Hi,

I have received a letter from CIC which gives us an Application Number for our application which states:

"This is an automated system-generated letter to acknowledge the receipt of your application. Your
application has been assigned the unique file number indicated at the top of this letter. All your
correspondence with this office should refer to that unique file number.

This confirms that your application for Permanent Residence under the Spouse or common-law partner in Canada class has been received by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) on xxxxx.

You will receive further correspondence once your application is under review by an agent.
Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of your stay in Canada."

I would like to ask what would be the next step?

I also have a pending Tourist Visa Extension that would expire on Dec 22, 2016 (we passed my extension online on Nov 09, 2016). We are just worried that my tourist visa would expire and was wondering should we contact IRCC (Web Form) and inform them that we have a pending application and needs to have my extension approved?

Thanks!
Next is a bit of a wait. Previously, they would process the Sponsor first, then the principal applicant. Then a decision is made and you land. If they have any questions or concerns, they reach out to you.

Did you request the OWP?

Miletski05

Jan 31, 2015
Edmonton
Category........
Yes we did request for OWP too.

Would I have Implied Status since I have a pending Tourist Visa Extension application?

Thanks

profiler

VIP Member
Aug 10, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-MAR-2016
AOR Received.
13-MAY-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront; Passed
Interview........
Waived
LANDED..........
05-MAY-2017
Miletski05 said:
Yes we did request for OWP too.

Would I have Implied Status since I have a pending Tourist Visa Extension application?

Thanks
You have implied status on both the Visitor extension (not necessary) and the OWP.