+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship - December 2018

MrsBP

Star Member
Jun 24, 2019
Help... got an email and was asked to show proof of residency.... any suggestion what all docs should i put up..they asked for cellphone bill but there is a issue... the phone bill come on my wife name.. we both have same connection but under her name..
Hi. What you can do is ask for a print out of the bill showing that you’re under the same account number. That was one of my issues when I took the information to our lawyer. I asked Fido to print it out showing our names on the same account

Reactions: pranavkapoorr

Ami55

Jul 23, 2019
Help... got an email and was asked to show proof of residency.... any suggestion what all docs should i put up..they asked for cellphone bill but there is a issue... the phone bill come on my wife name.. we both have same connection but under her name..
Like shared bills or under ur name but showing same adress ?

Reactions: pranavkapoorr

pranavkapoorr

Star Member
May 7, 2019
Hello guys, i know i have been asking questions here but i need some suggestions for my case: my husband is from egypt but canadian citizen he came in canada when he was 15 with his family, i am moroccan ( both of us are arabs and same religion)..we dated 7 months and then got married in april 2019..we had our first wedding ceremony here in canada with his parents and all his brothers and sister, our friends, my mom cam here with my brother from morocco ..we are flying to morocco now for our second wedding that will be more traditionnal ( white dresses, all traditional dresses) with his parents and all his siblings..and we will apply for the sponsorship on september. My question is it a red flag if we are not frm the same country but same religion and both of us speak same language , same age ( he is 31, iam 27) and we are arabs..we will provide all the proofs for adresses, finance , honymoom pictures 2 wedding pictures etc..and for the rent( he already owns a home with his parents so we will write a letter about that)..PLEASE HELP WHAT DO U THINK ? THANK YOU
my case was quite similar quite a while ago....just put all the pictures of all ceremonies, with relatives and mention it in the cover letter reciting the whole story... you will be good :)

Reactions: Ami55

pranavkapoorr

Star Member
May 7, 2019
call your cellular provider and ask them to add your name to account as well and send you service summary. Do the same thing for your hydro, gas and all other utilities, driver license showing same address, bank account statements showing same address....give as much documents as you can so that after delay of month, they dont ask anything new as they did to me. Good luck

siham44

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
I was asked proof of cohabitation and wife's notice of tax assessments and then latr on was asked to email my notice of tax assessment for 2018.

Bgc started sometime in may I believe. (no gckey)
Why would they ask you for ur notice of asseseement since u don't need to prove ur income as you are being sponsored..don't understand...

Fizzybe

Star Member
Feb 23, 2019
Toronto, ON
Why would they ask you for ur notice of asseseement since u don't need to prove ur income as you are being sponsored..don't understand...
There are times when CIC refuses to give PR to people if they find that they haven't been filing their taxes (thus showing lack of responsible citizenship). I know of people who have been deported for this reason. I'm assuming that's the reason.

Reactions: siham44

siham44

Star Member
Jun 29, 2017
There are times when CIC refuses to give PR to people if they find that they haven't been filing their taxes (thus showing lack of responsible citizenship). I know of people who have been deported for this reason. I'm assuming that's the reason.
Interesting..