13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Any one else getting their BGC?
Dec 14th applicant; no BGC yet. Seems early December apps are. hopefully this will be a week with more progress

issorv

Mar 21, 2017
Guys, there has some movement in my OWP, it's now on Review of eligibility. Hope it gets approved soon.

For those who are still waiting, call them again and again until they get tired of you. :D:D:D

Reactions: MirGer

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Guys, there has some movement in my OWP, it's now on Review of eligibility. Hope it gets approved soon.

For those who are still waiting, call them again and again until they get tired of you. :D:D:D
You submitted yours with PR right? I forgot if you were only wondering why yours was taking longer than other applicants

And did the status change today, Sunday?

Idarar

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019

Good Luck..OWP applications submitted with PR applications gets processed faster.
Resubmitted applications take much more time like 3-4 months for sure.
May I know if you submitted both applications together?

issorv

Mar 21, 2017
You submitted yours with PR right? I forgot if you were only wondering why yours was taking longer than other applicants

And did the status change today, Sunday?
Yeah, I'm an Inland Spousal January applicant. They said I was out of status when I submitted my application. That's why they didn't process my OWP. I called them twice this week to tell them that I was not.

I don't know exactly when was the status changed. Last time I checked before today was Friday.

issorv

Mar 21, 2017
Good Luck..OWP applications submitted with PR applications gets processed faster.
Resubmitted applications take much more time like 3-4 months for sure.
May I know if you submitted both applications together?
Yes, I submitted them together.

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Yeah, I'm an Inland Spousal January applicant. They said I was out of status when I submitted my application. That's why they didn't process my OWP. I called them twice this week to tell them that I was not.

I don't know exactly when was the status changed. Last time I checked before today was Friday.
Oh okay, well good luck! So there was an update in the system over the weekend, which is nice.

I've heard approval is quick, within the day even, after eligibility started.

issorv

Mar 21, 2017
Oh okay, well good luck! So there was an update in the system over the weekend, which is nice.

I've heard approval is quick, within the day even, after eligibility started.
Thanks! Hope it gets approved tomorrow.

I see that you've restored your status Jan 25. Call them, they can leave a note to the officer who's processing your application.

Agents who are answering the inquiries in webform sometimes don't exactly know what to do. I didn't get the answer I was hoping for my two inquiries submitted in webform. And it takes more than a week for them to reply. So. I suggest calling them.

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019

I see that you've restored your status Jan 25. Call them, they can leave a note to the officer who's processing your application.

Agents who are answering the inquiries in webform sometimes don't exactly know what to do. I didn't get the answer I was hoping for my two inquiries submitted in webform. And it takes more than a week for them to reply. So. I suggest calling them.
Yup.

I submitted my visitor record through webform in March( I didn't know it was recommended) and got a response confirming it was forwarded to the responsible office. Also in January I resubmitted an OWP by mail in fear of the original being rejected(this was before PR AOR).

I actually spoke to an agent in March and they said I have a note on my original work permit from Feb 28th saying something like "further evaluation" .

You can see how the timeline is confusing. One agent said processing time starts when I regained status and another said process starts from day of receipt regardless.

There was activity on my original OWP before I even submitted through webform or called CIC. I will contact them tomorrow to see what's going on.

I was told to leave both OWP apps in place at this point(both are linked).

It's too bad we dont get real updates on the applications so we dont keep bothering them.

I will see if I can push them to make another note but I am still within normal processing times. I dont expect to be processed at the same speed as PR + OWP apps.

mehiep

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017

congratulations! that is very fast for them to respond!
we called them April 12th, and still nothing :( the agent said it may take up to 1 month for the officer to review the note.
What did they tell you?

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
congratulations! that is very fast for them to respond!
we called them April 12th, and still nothing :( the agent said it may take up to 1 month for the officer to review the note.
What did they tell you?
Did you only call and not use the webform?

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
we did both. Called first, agent left a note for the officer, and then we sent a webform.
I am going to call them tomorrow again. This is crazy :(
Oh I see. Did you get a response from the webform?

Yes just call and see if anyone checked on it. I will do the same. How long ago via webform?

mehiep

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Oh I see. Did you get a response from the webform?

Yes just call and see if anyone checked on it. I will do the same. How long ago via webform?
well, they said they have received the information and forwarded to responsible office.
we sent the webform 2 weeks ago, and got the response about a week ago.
yeah, let's see what they say tomorrow.

Reactions: reetottal