+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship - December 2018

mehiep

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Did you get any response at all? Any email from CIC confirming they passed it on??

They'll get back to you in a month or your OWP will be processed in a month? I guess you dont know
No updates yet. We just got the template email that they have received the ticket via webform.
The agent told us if there is no movement after a month, call back so they can escalate.
I guess when they start processing only takes them a day to approve it if everything is in order.

Fizzybe

Star Member
Feb 23, 2019
Toronto, ON
Whose background checks have started?

From the patterns I've seen in months September-November, this is the month where our BGC's are supposed to start/have started. That is, approximately four months after application received.

But it seems like our month has hit a speed bump?? :(

issorv

Mar 21, 2017
NOV applicants are getting their AIP. You guys are next.

We might get our PR cards first before this f*cking OWP.

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018

From the patterns I've seen in months September-November, this is the month where our BGC's are supposed to start/have started. That is, approximately four months after application received.

We got out AIP in less than three months. We submitted our background check for Mexico city in march so now its waiting game for us.

Sometheway

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
Far I see it on the forum, BGC starts 1 month after medical exam passed, I passed is going to make 1 month tomorrow.

Idarar

Star Member
Apr 11, 2019
They need proof of entry date if you are on a visitor visa. Did the agent check the notes on your file?
Oh okay..I’m on ETA
The agent didn’t talk about anything other than saying my eligibility check hasn’t started yet for OWP..He didn’t tell me if there’s any note or not on my file.

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Oh okay..I’m on ETA
The agent didn’t talk about anything other than saying my eligibility check hasn’t started yet for OWP..He didn’t tell me if there’s any note or not on my file.
Eligibility doesnt "start" until hours before actual approval. You need to ask for any notes and when it was accessed.

My eligibility hasn't started on my OWP but there is a note from Feb 28th saying "further evaluation" or something. I want to call back and see if there is any recent note

VancouverIsland

May 2, 2018

Background check started today December 5th applicant

Reactions: MirGer

mehiep

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Oh okay..I’m on ETA
We are also on eta. You need ask them specifically to check that