+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship - December 2018

PowerfulCanada

Jan 28, 2019
Guys,
What about OHIP? It says on OHIP's webpage that the person needs to be 153 days physically in Canada in order to be eligible for the OHIP (and some restrictions more). But I remember that when I received my PR it was only 3 months...
Any one have more information?
You are eligible only if you stay in Ontario (not Canada, Ontario) for at least 153 days each year (along with other restrictions), but you don't have to wait 5 months to get it.

Given that you are eligible, you will get your OHIP after 3 months in the Province and you will keep it as long as you stay in Ontario for at least 153 days each year

Reactions: MirGer

anamadeira

Dec 7, 2018
Updating timeline:

Appl. Sent - Dec 17
Appl. Received - Dec 18
AOR - Feb 19
PR Linked - Feb 21
OWP Linked - Feb 21
MR - Feb 21
MR Done - Feb 25
OWP Approved - Mar 4
OWP email letter - Mar 5
OWP mail letter - Mar 7
MR Passed - Mar 10

MirGer

Star Member
Feb 3, 2019
You are eligible only if you stay in Ontario (not Canada, Ontario) for at least 153 days each year (along with other restrictions), but you don't have to wait 5 months to get it.

Given that you are eligible, you will get your OHIP after 3 months in the Province and you will keep it as long as you stay in Ontario for at least 153 days each year
So with the OWP we can star the process to OHIP?

Vivian-inland

May 1, 2018

Only you got a full-time job at Ontario, then you can apply OHIP.

PowerfulCanada

Jan 28, 2019

mehiep

Star Member
Feb 8, 2017
Anyone got their owp approved recently ?
Seems like we had a couple of good weeks lots of approvals but it has been slow again since last week

Brooks202

Dec 3, 2018
Winnipeg MB
Hi all! I'm a November PR application, but sent my OWP application in December. Haven't seen many work permit updates lately in November or December, but here is one: OWP approved today. Here is my OWP timeline
(PR application received: 2 Nov 2018)
OWP applicaiton sent: 11 Dec 2018
OWP application recieved: 13 Dec 2018
OWP approved: 12 March 2019
Hope everyone who is waiting sees approval soon!

MUNRRA

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
Hi all! I'm a November PR application, but sent my OWP application in December. Haven't seen many work permit updates lately in November or December, but here is one: OWP approved today. Here is my OWP timeline
(PR application received: 2 Nov 2018)
OWP applicaiton sent: 11 Dec 2018
OWP application recieved: 13 Dec 2018
OWP approved: 12 March 2019
Hope everyone who is waiting sees approval soon!
QQ for you @Brooks202 did you resent the OWP app or you just decided to send OWP app after?
And where can I check dates for Medical Received or Passed?
Thanks in advance.

arorahemant81

Star Member
Jul 2, 2018
Don't worry, you have plenty of time. It should take took long now. They won't take an extra 2 months to process your application, you should be hearing from them in less than 2 weeks
Hello Powerful Canada, Thanks for your reply. I am able to link our application today. NO AOR though. Does this mean completeness of our application?