+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship - December 2018

MUNRRA

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
How do we inform CIC for change conditions and everything? I'm pregnant now and got another job.
If you have linked the app online, I will go that way. If you have not link app online, there is a IRCC web form you can use and provide any update.

aplusk

Feb 6, 2019
I think I will be on the same situation, may I ask, where did you send back the OWP app? do they tell you where to send it? did you complete everything from scratch or just add the missing payment fee? I tried sending the payment online and they confirmed received the docs, chances are but I don't know if they could processed it or will be returned.
I was asked to send back the OWP along with the correct fee to Edmonton. Since we had traveled internationally since our last submission (Dec 2018), there would've been a few updates to the OWP form. For this reason, I filled out a new OWP application and sent the package as net new.

PowerfulCanada

Jan 28, 2019
How do we inform CIC for change conditions and everything? I'm pregnant now and got another job.
A lot of changes in your family! I hope it's all for the best! :)

According to the e-mail I've got from IRCC, this is what you should do:

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application

To notify CIC of changes to your application you may contact this office at the address identified below. You may also contact the Call Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100. Changes to your address may be made through our online service at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.​

What I would suggest it to try to do it online and then, after one or two weeks, call them to make sure they have the updated info

Reactions: VancouverIsland

VancouverIsland

May 2, 2018
A lot of changes in your family! I hope it's all for the best! :)

According to the e-mail I've got from IRCC, this is what you should do:

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual
• Decision to withdraw your application

To notify CIC of changes to your application you may contact this office at the address identified below. You may also contact the Call Centre, toll-free, at 1-888-242-2100. Changes to your address may be made through our online service at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/change-address.asp.​

What I would suggest it to try to do it online and then, after one or two weeks, call them to make sure they have the updated info
Thank you :) i checked online application form yesterday which was IRCC WEB FORM i think and there's spot for every single change also upload documents as well..I will do it online and call them in few weeks as you said Thanks again :)

Reactions: PowerfulCanada

SoulBrotha

Feb 26, 2019
My spouse and I sent my application in along with open work permit on December 20th and it was received on the 27th. A few questions...

1. I tried to check the status of my application on ECAS via the receipt number since that is all I could input (have not received AOR, therefore don't have UCI numbers). I couldn't find it in there at all. Is that a sign that they haven't received it?

2. We discovered that a few of the forms were updated about a month before us sending them in, a foolish mistake on my part. How lenient are they on this if at all? Is that a guarantee that my app will be sent back? It's been about two months since we sent them in, and I read elsewhere that we should rest easy if it hasn't been sent back within 4 to 5 weeks.

3. When we attempt to link, whose info do we attempt to put in? We created an account under my wife's name, and she is the sponsor. Do we input the sponsor's info or the principal applicant?

Last edited:

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
My spouse and I sent my application in along with open work permit on December 20th and it was received on the 27th. A few questions...

1. I tried to check the status of my application on ECAS via the receipt number since that is all I could input (have not received AOR, therefore don't have UCI numbers). I couldn't find it in there at all. Is that a sign that they haven't received it?

2. We discovered that a few of the forms were updated about a month before us sending them in, a foolish mistake on my part. How lenient are they on this if at all? Is that a guarantee that my app will be sent back? It's been about two months since we sent them in, and I read elsewhere that we should rest easy if it hasn't been sent back within 4 to 5 weeks.

3. When we attempt to link, whose info do we attempt to put in? We created an account under my wife's name, and she is the sponsor. Do we input the sponsor's info or the principal applicant?
I'll answer in this order:

3. When I linked, I used my(principal applicant) information. But I linked before AOR so used last name, passport, residence. Make sure to account for your sponsor in the "total # of applicants". So if it is only PA and sponsor, there are 2 "applicants".

1. Which receipt number? From what?

2. I read/heard that if a form was updated with a few months or even a year, they are not as strict because it is not likely the form was changed dramatically. Now if you used a form from 2017 and on, that is another story. As long as you put in the correct information and explained your situation it should be okay. I would think they could even AOR and request an updated form(I would do that as a IRCC officer!)

SoulBrotha

Feb 26, 2019
I'll answer in this order:

3. When I linked, I used my(principal applicant) information. But I linked before AOR so used last name, passport, residence. Make sure to account for your sponsor in the "total # of applicants". So if it is only PA and sponsor, there are 2 "applicants".

1. Which receipt number? From what?

2. I read/heard that if a form was updated with a few months or even a year, they are not as strict because it is not likely the form was changed dramatically. Now if you used a form from 2017 and on, that is another story. As long as you put in the correct information and explained your situation it should be okay. I would think they could even AOR and request an updated form(I would do that as a IRCC officer!)
Thank you for replying.

1. I'm referring to the receipt number we got when we paid for the service. The PR app was $1040, and the number is on the receipt that was emailed to us.

2. That gives me some peace of mind. Is it true that they almost always send it back within a month after receiving if it's going to be sent back? It just worries me because the fact that we haven't had it returned yet, added to the fact that we can't check on the status of it via the ECAS is making me think they might not have gotten it at all.

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Thank you for replying.

1. I'm referring to the receipt number we got when we paid for the service. The PR app was $1040, and the number is on the receipt that was emailed to us.

2. That gives me some peace of mind. Is it true that they almost always send it back within a month after receiving if it's going to be sent back? It just worries me because the fact that we haven't had it returned yet, added to the fact that we can't check on the status of it via the ECAS is making me think they might not have gotten it at all.
Oh I see. I don't think anyone could link from payment receipt. That is so they can find the payment from the credit card to the government I believe.

I have not heard of them sending back within a month. The thing is December was a busy month for inland applications. The thing is you still have a couple days of "expected/average AOR times". Eight weeks seems to be the average. So really you are not at that point yet. Did you not get a tracking number when you mailed the package? If you did, it would be on the receipt. Courier or Canada Post?

SoulBrotha

Feb 26, 2019
Oh I see. I don't think anyone could link from payment receipt. That is so they can find the payment from the credit card to the government I believe.

I have not heard of them sending back within a month. The thing is December was a busy month for inland applications. The thing is you still have a couple days of "expected/average AOR times". Eight weeks seems to be the average. So really you are not at that point yet. Did you not get a tracking number when you mailed the package? If you did, it would be on the receipt. Courier or Canada Post?
I think we are just overthinking because we know there's a strong possibility of it getting returned and it hasn't yet, and also because we're reading some January inland applicants getting their AOR's. I guess we really should just give it some time and just relax for now.

We sent it via Canada Post. We got a delivery confirmation, but our anxious minds are telling us that the post office made a mistake and it was sent to the wrong place as a result. That's a very unlikely scenario though.

Edit: Also, regarding the payment receipt, we didn't try to link it. We tried to look it up on the ECAS to see if IRCC got it at all since we were worried it didn't get delivered to the correct place