+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship - December 2018

Val87

Dec 12, 2018
Well that is probably sponsor eligibility. Where did you see that, ECAS?

*edit*

After checking my ECAS, it says "We started processing XXXXXXX's application on March 26, 2019" for step 2. Then it says "received medical" on step #4 and I did that 1 month ago! So weird how it updated like that. Well that's better than nothing!
Hi NHLNFL
Yeah that's on ECAS. It looks exactly like your update. Hopefully they're working on it :)

Canadianguy1989

Star Member
Nov 26, 2018
It all depends on the particular file and officer reviewing it.

I got my AIP in less than 3 months
And my spouse is out of status.

It is crazy how the January inland applicants are receiving their OWPs 2 months after receipt..Did we get the slower agents or something? It is crazy how that can happen; so much for "in order as received".

According to the shared google document it seems a lot of us are still awaiting OWPs

Myroses

Feb 18, 2019
Hi there,

I passed medicals two weeks ago. Yesterday I received ''....We started processing XXXXXX 's application on March 26, 2019 ...''. Is this normal or it means it has been transferred to another office? I read next step after medical is background check ... I am December applic
Does anyone has an idea what this is ?
It says for me...we start processing March 25. Not sure why it’s saying that though

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
I have a representative, so Iam unable to link to I guess.
Okay I see. Ask him if he could or did. Also did you have status when you applied for the PR/OWP?

Yes I guess so. Did you apply for OWP as well or only PR? If so, did you receive the OWP?

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Anyone else's "date received" changed to something more recent? My owp and pr apps were received dec 14th but now it shows February and March respectively.

It says for me...we start processing March 25. Not sure why it’s saying that though
Looks like a few of us are getting this. Maybe they are preparing for background check?

Myroses

Feb 18, 2019
Anyone else's "date received" changed to something more recent? My owp and pr apps were received dec 14th but now it shows February and March respectively.

Looks like a few of us are getting this. Maybe they are preparing for background check?
That would be quick... let’s hope for the best

Sometheway

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
Okay I see. Ask him if he could or did. Also did you have status when you applied for the PR/OWP?

Yes I guess so. Did you apply for OWP as well or only PR? If so, did you receive the OWP?
No I don't have status on this moment, my visitor status ended November last year.

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
No I don't have status on this moment, my visitor status ended November last year.
Okay so you did not have status when your application was received? And you did not get any message from IRCC regarding the OWP? Or your representative did not get a message?

Did you also apply for OWP and did your spouse have status at the time of delivery of any of the applications?

Sometheway

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
Okay so you did not have status when your application was received? And you did not get any message from IRCC regarding the OWP? Or your representative did not get a message?
Yes was Recieved without status.
Far I know on Ecas and letters was medical exam request.
Nothing about the OWP yet.

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Yes was Recieved without status.
Far I know on Ecas and letters was medical exam request.
Nothing about the OWP yet.
Okay. You should call CIC helpline and speak to an agent if you can. Apparently someone else in this thread tried contacting CIC online regarding their OWP and they were told they won't get it until AIP. They did not know until they tried reaching CIC.

But you must ask your representative for your OWP application number or tell them to update you because that is your right to know. I am on hold now on the phone and am in a similar situation as you. If you don't care getting OWP later then okay.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/special-initiatives-pilot-project/partner.html

CIC attached this to the other member notified they will not get OWP until AIP.

I am only trying to help!

Sometheway

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
Okay. You should call CIC helpline and speak to an agent if you can. Apparently someone else in this thread tried contacting CIC online regarding their OWP and they were told they won't get it until AIP. They did not know until they tried reaching CIC.

But you must ask your representative for your OWP application number or tell them to update you because that is your right to know. I am on hold now on the phone and am in a similar situation as you. If you don't care getting OWP later then okay.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/foreign-workers/special-initiatives-pilot-project/partner.html

CIC attached this to the other member notified they will not get OWP until AIP.

I am only trying to help!
What that means AIP?

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
What that means AIP?
Approved in Principle.
Usually comes closer to the end of the application. Even last 4 months of the 12 month estimated timing. So could be August-November. So if OWP is important to you, you should figure this out

Sometheway

Star Member
Mar 9, 2019
Approved in Principle.
Usually comes closer to the end of the application. Even last 4 months of the 12 month estimated timing. So could be August-November. So if OWP is important to you, you should figure this out
Yes OWP is very important to me, I will figure out what's wrong, my medical exam was done 2 weeks ago, nothing yet on Ecas.

NHLNFL

Nov 21, 2018
Visa Office......
Vancouver
App. Filed.......
14-12-2018
AOR Received.
13/02/2019
Med's Request
18/02/2019
Med's Done....
25/02/2019
LANDED..........
03-10-2019
Yes OWP is very important to me, I will figure out what's wrong, my medical exam was done 2 weeks ago, nothing yet on Ecas.
Okay. I spoke two an agent. You will not receive your OWP until AIP if you did not restore your status.

I restored my status in January. That is when 4 months average processing time BEGINS. Again this is from CIC agent and they don't know everything but this is what I was told most recently.

I don't think you have any other option but to wait near the 9-12 month of your application for work permit because you do not have more time to apply for restoration unless you already did.