+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship - December 2018

Stephnjon

Oct 23, 2018
I have copied this from some other forum, but this helped me to link.
After you login, you click on Link App to this Account button.
Under Tell us about the application
What did the applicant apply for?
Category: Permanent Residence
Sub-Category: Family Class (Parents & Grandparents)
This will open all the required fields you will need to fill up.
Application Details
Please Select One: Family Name, Given Name and Date of Birth
Family name: Principal Applicant Last Name
Given Name: Principal Applicant Given Name
Date of Birth of Principal Applicant
Application Personal Information
Place of Birth
City of Birth:
Country of Birth:
Passport
Passport Number,
country of Issue,
issue date
Expiry Date
Other Application Information
Provide the following information entered on the application
Province:
City
Current marital Status
Number of family members, including the primary applicant, that are part of this application: 2

Also,what it says when you try to link? Don't try back & forth for so many times if its not allowing you to link.
It just says they can’t find an application with said information.

I finally was able to link my husband’s PR to his account last night after I cursed out the website haha with a different uci number... than the one on our AOR... like the uci on the AOR is different than the UCI on his owp.

I will try again tonight with my account to see the progress for the application to sponsor.. because somehow that didn’t link to his account just simply the PR application.

I don’t know if that’s how it’s supposed to be...

Thank you very much for your help.

Reactions: KBsandhu

MUNRRA

Star Member
Feb 18, 2019
I totally agree with you. We also hired one representative but he was doing so many mistakes on form and also were not sharing the complete copies of the forms with us. we were lucky that we had all the supporting with us so we applied on our own. The blog is such a great help. However we still ended up paying that stupid $1000!!!!
There is no best way to do things when you do it by yourself, I had a bad experience with "Representatives" I paid $3200USD for nothing and was unable to recover that money, since then I have always referred to official online documentation and do every process by myself,

Reactions: Rianaldinho

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
It just says they can’t find an application with said information.

I finally was able to link my husband’s PR to his account last night after I cursed out the website haha with a different uci number... than the one on our AOR... like the uci on the AOR is different than the UCI on his owp.

I will try again tonight with my account to see the progress for the application to sponsor.. because somehow that didn’t link to his account just simply the PR application.

I don’t know if that’s how it’s supposed to be...

Thank you very much for your help.
ok ,so your husband's pr application is already connected to GCkey, are you trying to link OWP ? Also,you can link only principal applicant's file not sponsor's. You can only check sponsor's application progress through ECAS .

Reactions: Stephnjon

Stephnjon

Oct 23, 2018
ok ,so your husband's pr application is already connected to GCkey, are you trying to link OWP ? Also,you can link only principal applicant's file not sponsor's. You can only check sponsor's application progress through ECAS .

I am trying to link sponsor’s sponsorship application to my gckey (I am the sponsor). We have already received the OWP. We are on our way to obtain his SIN number.

On ECAS all it says sponsorship application received, and the PR application is in process. I am just curious to see why one is just received and the other one is being processed.

I guess I’m just being paranoid. And want to know every step of the process. I have never had to deal with immigration so all of this is confusing. It doesn’t help that I am currently pregnant, so my anxiety is off the roof. This forum has helped a lot though! So I keep coming back.

Also on another note. Has anyone successfully left Canada for a short trip to the USA and been ok to come back? Husband is American, with OWP. I am Canadian. We have his vehicle here and we need to renew his tag. Otherwise we wouldn’t be leaving the country.

KBsandhu

Jun 7, 2018
I am trying to link sponsor’s sponsorship application to my gckey (I am the sponsor). We have already received the OWP. We are on our way to obtain his SIN number.

On ECAS all it says sponsorship application received, and the PR application is in process. I am just curious to see why one is just received and the other one is being processed.

I guess I’m just being paranoid. And want to know every step of the process. I have never had to deal with immigration so all of this is confusing. It doesn’t help that I am currently pregnant, so my anxiety is off the roof. This forum has helped a lot though! So I keep coming back.

Also on another note. Has anyone successfully left Canada for a short trip to the USA and been ok to come back? Husband is American, with OWP. I am Canadian. We have his vehicle here and we need to renew his tag. Otherwise we wouldn’t be leaving the country.
lol, may be its your hormones then, can't blame you. :) . Let me try to make clear only principal applicant's application can be linked to GCkey, there is no way to link sponsor's application to GCkey. Yes, ECAS will show receive application until decision is made on either side. So, don't stress out , breathe and clam down. Everything is fine. Also, yes you can always travel with OWp . I have seen many people in the forums who have travel and came back without any issue with OWP, but make sure its short trip of say 2 weeks. God bless you and your little one. Blessings.

Reactions: Stephnjon

Jaz12

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Ok. Simply at my wits end.

For the life of me I can’t seem to link our application online, either using my log in or his!

I have tried every single combination possible, capital letters, just capital the first letter, passport, family name, uci/application number, uci/family name, application/family name. I am losing it. Please help.....

My timeline is

Application received: Dec 5th 2018
AOR: Feb 1 2019
Medical Request: Feb 12 2019
Medical Done: Feb 20 2019
Medical passed: I HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO SEE THAT
OWP: March 1 2019
Paper OWP: March 4 2019

And now nothing.... I don’t even know any details if the medical was passed... my OCD isn’t helping.... ahhh

Myroses

Feb 18, 2019
Congrats! Did you send owp with PR application? When was your AOR?
No I send it separately.
App received Dec 12th
OWP send separately, received Dec 17th
AOR Feb 16th
MR Feb 19, 2019
MR done Mar 2nd
MR passed Mar 11th
Linked March 6th
OWP linked Jan 16th
OWP approved Mar 19, 2019

Reactions: mehiep

CassandraJE

Jun 19, 2018
Category........
FAM
Just checked my MyCIC and my OWP says we are reviewing eligibility, does this mean I will receive my work permit shortly?

Stephnjon

Oct 23, 2018
lol, may be its your hormones then, can't blame you. :) . Let me try to make clear only principal applicant's application can be linked to GCkey, there is no way to link sponsor's application to GCkey. Yes, ECAS will show receive application until decision is made on either side. So, don't stress out , breathe and clam down. Everything is fine. Also, yes you can always travel with OWp . I have seen many people in the forums who have travel and came back without any issue with OWP, but make sure its short trip of say 2 weeks. God bless you and your little one. Blessings.

Thank you very much.

Haha yeah definitely my hormones. I reread what you first wrote and I’m like!!! Steph!! You’re making them explain again!!

Thank you very much. And bless you and your family too!

Stephnjon

Oct 23, 2018
I would have loved to been able to do that but I couldn’t link our application to GKey otherwise yes I would have been able to see that. But after another round of trying I was finally able to link and see that.
Thank you

Cris1989

Oct 21, 2018
Toronto
App. Filed.......
13-12-2018
Hey guys, I've noticed on eCAS that the sponsorship application ( sponsor ) changed from "In Process" to "Application Received". Is this normal?