+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*INLAND* Spousal Sponsorship *AUGUST 2021*

xeiro

Jan 9, 2022
timeline is not that bad unfortunately our documents got returned back to us as we had several mistakes there. So gotta send docs back to them in a week or so.
It took you about 6 months to get an email confirmation of permanent resident right?
That's unfortunate. Hopefully everything goes smoothly for you. And yes, it took 6 months and 10 days for eCOPR. We wish you all the best!

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
Hi, what stage you were at when they returned your file? I mean your AOR medical and biometrics were done by then? and when did they return you?
it was the first stage we sent docs end of October and mid-Feb they sent docs back highlighting mistakes and what's missing.

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
Hi, what stage you were at when they returned your file? I mean your AOR medical and biometrics were done by then? and when did they return you?
we have biometrics already and medicals because my wife came her as a student, she is finishing her studies

GD68

Feb 16, 2022
Hi guys,
I hope that you guys can help me to answer my concern. I am sponsoring my common law partner to get a PR in Canada, and she is living in Canada now (PGWP holder). My partner passed her medical exam and my right as a sponsorship was approved. Today we received an email from CIC asking us to submit police certificates from the UK and Australia, 2 countries that my partner has never been to. My partner was born in Vietnam and she came to Canada to study when she was 19. I found it so weird, and I thought it was a scam. It came from the email address CIC.CPCMississaugaDoNotReply@cic.gc.ca. I am wondering if any of you or your family or friends has experienced this issue before or not?

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
Hi guys,
I hope that you guys can help me to answer my concern. I am sponsoring my common law partner to get a PR in Canada, and she is living in Canada now (PGWP holder). My partner passed her medical exam and my right as a sponsorship was approved. Today we received an email from CIC asking us to submit police certificates from the UK and Australia, 2 countries that my partner has never been to. My partner was born in Vietnam and she came to Canada to study when she was 19. I found it so weird, and I thought it was a scam. It came from the email address CIC.CPCMississaugaDoNotReply@cic.gc.ca. I am wondering if any of you or your family or friends has experienced this issue before or not?
thats so weird . in our case we submitted a police certificate from my spouse's country but since the docs got returned we ordered one from Canada.
if your spouse or partner has never been in UK or Australia why did they send the request? so weird

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
so you never received an AOR ?
we received first AOR which means that they received our documents, that's it nothing else. It was 30-35 days after we sent the docs we received first AoR which means they received it and that's it, a couple of months later they sent docs back pointing out our mistakes.

Last edited:

Konan1982

Champion Member
Mar 22, 2012
Hi guys,
there are possibilities they made mistakes. It is gonna be pain in the ass to contact them

Jimto

Jan 19, 2022
My husband received his eCOPR today! Here's our timeline:

Application received: August 12, 2022
Pre-AOR: September 3, 2021
Medical: Previously done. It said passed on December 22, 2021
AOR: December 23, 2021
Biometrics requested: December 30, 2021
Biometrics done: January 4, 2022
Biometrics received: January 6, 2022
Background check completed: January 19, 2022
Pre-arrival services letter: February 20, 2022
PR confirmation/portal invite (we provided the requested information on the same day): February 21, 2022
Received portal login info: February 21, 2022
PA approved (received it after PR confirmation and portal login info: February 21, 2022
Submitted PR photo: February 22, 2022
Sponsor approved: February 22, 2022
eCOPR: February 23, 2022

We also applied for the OWP but we never received it.
Grats! I havent heard of anything from them yet since biometrics done.

Reactions: Lali1987

D_chsn1

Star Member
Mar 5, 2021
GOT COPR!!

timeline:
aug 4, 21: sent application
dec 14: AOR and medical
jan 27, 22: requested more info
feb 22: eligibility completed
feb 24: background completed, SA, COPR together

I sincerely hope for everyone here to get your results soon!
Congratulations!! what does requested more info mean in your time line?

corvus777

Star Member
Oct 18, 2021
Category........
FAM
GOT COPR!!

timeline:
aug 4, 21: sent application
dec 14: AOR and medical
jan 27, 22: requested more info
feb 22: eligibility completed
feb 24: background completed, SA, COPR together

I sincerely hope for everyone here to get your results soon!
congrats

Reactions: Lali1987