*INLAND* Spousal Sponsorship *AUGUST 2021*

marriedtoajamaican

Aug 10, 2019
Our timeline so far

Application received: August 8, 2021
Pre-AOR: September 3, 2021
AOR: December 18, 2021
Medical Request Letter: December 20, 2021
Medical: January 14, 2022 went and did it and on Jan 20, 2022 medical updated to complete
Biometrics: Valid already
Background check completed: January 31, 2022
Sponsor Eligibility in progress February 7, 2022
Sponsor Eligibility Completed: March 1, 2022
PA Eligibility Completed: March 1, 2022
Pre-arrival services letter: March 2, 2022
PR confirmation/portal invite: ?
Received portal login info: ?

joe555

Star Member
Jan 4, 2022
Hi, I got a biometric fee reminder again, I got once on dec 20 when I got my AOR and now again. I sent them the receipt two times once in January and once in February. I have no idea what is happening and what should I do now :(

I paid total $1135 back in July and attached that receipt in my paper application and sent them the receipt in January and February as well.

*only difference is before I got fee reminder in my email as my account was not connected online and now I got it in myGC key account.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kimbear

Kimbear

Star Member
Aug 25, 2021
Hi, I got a biometric fee reminder again, I got once on dec 20 when I got my AOR and now again. I sent them the receipt two times once in January and once in February. I have no idea what is happening and what should I do now :(

I paid total $1135 back in July and attached that receipt in my paper application and sent them the receipt in January and February as well.

*only difference is before I got fee reminder in my email as my account was not connected online and now I got it in myGC key account.
I was just going to post the SAME EXACT THING! I have sent it to them twice now. unbelieveable.

Kimbear

Star Member
Aug 25, 2021
Tried calling. can't get through and the online system now says "eligibility hasn't started yet on your application". wtf

joe555

Star Member
Jan 4, 2022
Tried calling. can't get through and the online system now says "eligibility hasn't started yet on your application". wtf
Same here, did you sent it on web form today? Is there a way to upload receipt it on gc key account if that can help?
I called as well, I can’t reach. And my eligibility not started either.

if I send it today again it will be my third time and I’m not sure if I should send it the third time. I sent it first time in January and second time in February. Please suggest!! Thank you.

Its Really stressful for both of us :(

Kimbear

Star Member
Aug 25, 2021
gc key is awful today to try and login. i had to send it through the webform told them on it its the 3rd time i'm sending the thing. my app is already delayed i'm expeting it to be send back at this rate with the luck im having.

joe555

Star Member
Jan 4, 2022
gc key is awful today to try and login. i had to send it through the webform told them on it its the 3rd time i'm sending the thing. my app is already delayed i'm expeting it to be send back at this rate with the luck im having.
Did you attach both the fee reminders and the receipt on the web form ? And did you get automatic confirmation right away ?

Kimbear

Star Member
Aug 25, 2021
I did not attach the reminder just the receipt. and no emails from them. that usually takes a while for me :( i got acknowledgement from a December inquiry like like last month. took a while. so i'm not expecting anything anytime soon. Mississauga seems to be really slow or maybe its where i live i dunno.

shahidkhaliq

Star Member
Feb 26, 2017
Some more updates.

Application received: August 18th, 2021.
AOR: December 31st, 2021.
Background check completed: Feb 6th, 2022.
Eligibility completed: Feb 13th, 2022.
PR portal initial email: Feb 14th, 2022.
PR portal login details: Feb 16th, 2022.
Address and photo provided: Feb 16th, 2022.
eCOPR: Feb 17th, 2022.
PR card application linked to GC Key account: Feb 18th, 2022.
Ghost update on PR card application: Feb 20th, 2022.
PR card application approved and card mailed: March 2nd, 2022.
PR Card received in mail: ?

sbortner2

Nov 11, 2021
Hi everyone! I've been lurking on this thread long enough. I guess I should share my timeline too! :p

Application Received: Aug 30 2021
Temp AOR: Sep 16 2021
AOR: Jan 8 2022
Medical Passed: Jan 7 2022 (sent in medical with my application)
Biometrics request: Jan 10 2022
Biometrics completed: Jan 13 2022
Background check completed: Feb 16 2022
Eligibility marked as "complete": Feb 24 2022 (Eligibility has also been marked as complete on Sponsor's side in the tracker)
Pre-arrival services letter received: Feb 25 2022

The end is near! I'm hoping receive the portal invite in the next week or so. I also want to thank everyone that posted updates on their status. Really helped ease my anxiety throughout this whole (very long) process :)
So here's another (small) update! Checked ecas this morning and the status for both sponsorship and PR have been updated to "decision made". Also, there is now a document number for COPR in the new status tracker. Still haven't received any correspondence about it though.

joe555

Star Member
Jan 4, 2022
I did not attach the reminder just the receipt. and no emails from them. that usually takes a while for me :( i got acknowledgement from a December inquiry like like last month. took a while. so i'm not expecting anything anytime soon. Mississauga seems to be really slow or maybe its where i live i dunno.
I called my immigration consultant, she said you can pay biometrics again and send the both receipts, with all the fee reminders and the screen shot of the web forms you submitted (if you have).
After getting PR take a refund for one of the biometric fee.
what I think is, I paid $1135 (including biometrics) And i can pay 85$ again for just biometrics but the thing is if they can’t access the receipt on web form before how they will access it now.

so doesn’t matter if I send the old one again or pay again and send the new one, they just need to see any one of them and it should work.So why to pay again for biometrics? I didn’t get that part. I’m confused :(

Kimbear

Star Member
Aug 25, 2021
I called my immigration consultant, she said you can pay biometrics again and send the both receipts, with all the fee reminders and the screen shot of the web forms you submitted (if you have).
After getting PR take a refund for one of the biometric fee.
what I think is, I paid $1135 (including biometrics) And i can pay 85$ again for just biometrics but the thing is if they can’t access the receipt on web form before how they will access it now.

so doesn’t matter if I send the old one again or pay again and send the new one, they just need to see any one of them and it should work.So why to pay again for biometrics? I didn’t get that part. I’m confused :(
i dont know why your consultant would ask you to pay again. since you did it all in one receipt, just show the receipt and in the breakdown the cost. total paid = 1135, which includes fees for bio, rpr and app fee etc.

joe555

Star Member
Jan 4, 2022
i dont know why your consultant would ask you to pay again. since you did it all in one receipt, just show the receipt and in the breakdown the cost. total paid = 1135, which includes fees for bio, rpr and app fee etc.
I paid total $1135 in one payment(one receipt) and they accepted it for RPR, Application fee etc and left the biometrics fee out like what ?

I’m not getting how their system works, there is a bar code on the receipt which totally shows I paid for all of it. How come they are like you missed biometrics. They suppose to be pros like if total is $1135 means person has paid biometrics already. Now application is on hold just because of this stupid confusion even after sending couple web forms and now I’m thinking, is it even worth it to send the third one or I should just keep on trying to call them and I’ll make sure if they got my webform I sent them in January and February with the receipt in it. we all know august applicants are moving forward so until we get biometrics request we are on hold :( I personally think paying again for biometric won't change anything, It is about webform which they are not looking at, As their is no guarantee even after I pay it again as my consultant suggested.

Open to suggestions if anyone can tell whats the best!

marriedtoajamaican

Aug 10, 2019
Our timeline so far

Application received: August 8, 2021
Pre-AOR: September 3, 2021
AOR: December 18, 2021
Medical Request Letter: December 20, 2021
Medical: January 14, 2022 went and did it and on Jan 20, 2022 medical updated to complete
Biometrics: Valid already
Background check completed: January 31, 2022
Sponsor Eligibility in progress February 7, 2022
Sponsor Eligibility Completed: March 1, 2022
PA Eligibility Completed: March 1, 2022
Pre-arrival services letter: March 2, 2022
PR confirmation/portal invite: ?
Received portal login info: ?

a small update.....Decision made PA side March 4, 2022 on ecas