+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*INLAND* Spousal Sponsorship *AUGUST 2021*

Shwetadi

Aug 5, 2021
Finally! the wait is over!
Resubmitted on September 8 after my January's application was returned because of missing signature.
While resubmission I had forgot to include the photos, and the return letter that I was to submit so they don’t treat it as a brand new application. I was told my some agents that my application will 100% be returned again because my documents are no longer valid (more than 6 months older) and I am also missing photos.
Got the biometric request on Jan 20,
Prearrival letter on Feb 25
Portal invite on March 26
And got the ecopr on 31 March
Hopefully will get the PR card soon but the no rush now! All the best to everyone.

gullu nath

Mar 31, 2022
Finally! the wait is over!
Resubmitted on September 8 after my January's application was returned because of missing signature.
While resubmission I had forgot to include the photos, and the return letter that I was to submit so they don’t treat it as a brand new application. I was told my some agents that my application will 100% be returned again because my documents are no longer valid (more than 6 months older) and I am also missing photos.
Got the biometric request on Jan 20,
Prearrival letter on Feb 25
Portal invite on March 26
And got the ecopr on 31 March
Hopefully will get the PR card soon but the no rush now! All the best to everyone.
ARE YOU INLAND APPLICANT? IF YOU ARE THEN DID IRCC TRANSFER YOUR FILE TO A ETOBICOKE OFFICE OR NOT ?

Kimbear

Star Member
Aug 25, 2021
So i just got another letter that looks just like an AOR almost. it just states we meet the eligibility requirements to apply for Pr. and then mentions we can apply for a work permit etc. Anyone else got this?

joe555

Star Member
Jan 4, 2022
Nothing on our side.
New tracker shows- updated today but there is no update in the application, it looks the same, Background in progress. I was hopeful that it’s gonna change to complete.

joe555

Star Member
Jan 4, 2022
So i just got another letter that looks just like an AOR almost. it just states we meet the eligibility requirements to apply for Pr. and then mentions we can apply for a work permit etc. Anyone else got this?
Sponsor got this or PA?

Kimbear

Star Member
Aug 25, 2021
Sponsor got this or PA?
i'm the sponsor i got it. it says final decision wont be made til rest of the requirements are met like background etc. and tracker still says background in progress. i'm guessing this should have come before the pre arrival letter.

karandash

Sep 11, 2021
i'm the sponsor i got it. it says final decision wont be made til rest of the requirements are met like background etc. and tracker still says background in progress. i'm guessing this should have come before the pre arrival letter.
seems like it is an approved in principle (AIP) letter

Kimbear

Star Member
Aug 25, 2021
seems like it is an approved in principle (AIP) letter
i have no idea lol. no bar codes no IMM number on it at all. it doesn't say AIP on it?

ok i just googled AIP and YOUR RIGHT!

Approved in principle / Approval in principle (AIP)
Your application is “approved in principle (AIP)” if:

• you have received a letter from IRCC stating that you meet the permanent residence eligibility requirements, but
  • you still have to pass the medical, security and background checks for you and, if needed, your family members.

karandash

Sep 11, 2021
i have no idea lol. no bar codes no IMM number on it at all. it doesn't say AIP on it?

ok i just googled AIP and YOUR RIGHT!

Approved in principle / Approval in principle (AIP)
Your application is “approved in principle (AIP)” if:

• you have received a letter from IRCC stating that you meet the permanent residence eligibility requirements, but
  • you still have to pass the medical, security and background checks for you and, if needed, your family members.
i believe it is a good sign and means that your application is moving forward:)

Reactions: Kimbear

CSilva

Jun 2, 2021
Is anyone still waiting for their COPR email confirmation even though they have already received the Pre-arrival letter?

Kimbear

Star Member
Aug 25, 2021
i haven't gotten anything since my approval in principal and pre arrival services letter. sponsor says decision made but i dont know what that is as sponsor has gotten nothing, and pa still says in progress background check. Hoping for the ecopr at least on Monday.

gullu nath

Mar 31, 2022
i haven't gotten anything since my approval in principal and pre arrival services letter. sponsor says decision made but i dont know what that is as sponsor has gotten nothing, and pa still says in progress background check. Hoping for the ecopr at least on Monday.
Hi Kimbear your timeline please?
And did they transfer your file to Etobicoke office for further assessment for final decision?

Amitaaa

Star Member
Jun 2, 2020
Hello, ECAS tracking shows Decision made for Permanent Residency but I did not receive any update in gckey or new portal. Is it by mistake or what? I recently received OWP approval for my husband.