+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

*INLAND* Spousal Sponsorship *AUGUST 2021*

Elisabet

Jan 13, 2021
Good morning Everyone!
How often do you guys get update of the application?
And lastly could someone explain what is " ghost update" :oops: I read that quite often and I dont get it

Thank you for your time

shawlaar

Apr 27, 2019
Good morning Everyone!
How often do you guys get update of the application?
And lastly could someone explain what is " ghost update" :oops: I read that quite often and I dont get it

Thank you for your time
How often everyone gets an update is dependent on when your file is touched and it varies for everyone. It’s not a constant variable. A ghost update is when you notice your file has been touched. For instance in the tracker app, you see the date changes but it doesn’t necessarily mean you have an update to your application. You just know someone is working with on it.

Reactions: Elisabet

Elisabet

Jan 13, 2021
How often everyone gets an update is dependent on when your file is touched and it varies for everyone. It’s not a constant variable. A ghost update is when you notice your file has been touched. For instance in the tracker app, you see the date changes but it doesn’t necessarily mean you have an update to your application. You just know someone is working with on it.

Thank you

WFish10

Jul 21, 2021
Can som1 share experience with me, i saw on the tracker that everything is completed since July last year. I saw an update on April 25th but can't see any update on my records. I have call IRCC severally but unsuccessful to speak with agent. Do anyone have an idea of how to get update info from ircc. Someone told if you have dependent children on application, that it slow down the processing time. I submitted my application since sept.2020

Kimbear

Star Member
Aug 25, 2021
Another couple of ghost updates and now it says everything is complete including background check. But no emails or anything.

joe555

Star Member
Jan 4, 2022
Do I file taxes with my spouse ? I’m filing on turbo tax? Please let me know if some one did file tax together

Elisabet

Jan 13, 2021
Can som1 share experience with me, i saw on the tracker that everything is completed since July last year. I saw an update on April 25th but can't see any update on my records. I have call IRCC severally but unsuccessful to speak with agent. Do anyone have an idea of how to get update info from ircc. Someone told if you have dependent children on application, that it slow down the processing time. I submitted my application since sept.2020

Hello!
In my signature you can read my whole process... My husband has 2 dependent children (who aren't coming to Canada but we still have to listed them as A non-accompanying children) IRCC made us get the medical for the children (which had to de done backhome and it was a mission. and now that we are in the "finals", IRCC requested LICO assessment.
I've learn to be patience because honestly there are a lot of people who are in a worse scenario.

One of my best friend applied in Aug as well; she is married with a Canadian and they have a baby (1 year old) they hired a immigration consultant. And my friend hasn't even receive a FILE NUMBER

Another friend, got his PR in 6 MONTHS (they are married as well and no kids)

I hope these experiences help you in someway

Elisabet

Jan 13, 2021
Hello everyone
I need some opinion. I am a canadian Permanent resident. My fiance is on study pemrit in canada. We are planning to get married soon. I’d like to know if I can apply for her PR (spousal sponsor) while she is already in study permit? Is she eligible to apply for work permit after I apply for her PR application?

Hello! Yes you can apply
Study permit just give her "student status" as long as you are in a common law relationship and can has proof

CSilva

Jun 2, 2021
Hello Everyone!

Anyone else with their application stuck after the pre-arrival letter? I have received mine on February 15 and received nothing after that. Should I be worried? I noticed that most people received their PR portal invitation on the same day they receive their pre-arrival letter. What should I do?

Thanks....

Kimbear

Star Member
Aug 25, 2021
Do I file taxes with my spouse ? I’m filing on turbo tax? Please let me know if some one did file tax together
Are you talking Canadian or US taxes?

My husband only filed for PR in August. I only did Canadian taxes for me but we have a kid so I had to put his income on it in order to get Child tax benefits. I just did all zero's for his sin. I did not file one for him as he did not meat the tax resident requirements. days in Canada, his dl , car, etc banks were all in USA still. As for our USA returns, since we moved from their and as a us citizen you do them for life, we filed as married jointly. I am a dual citizen so was required to as well.

Kimbear

Star Member
Aug 25, 2021
Hello Everyone!

Anyone else with their application stuck after the pre-arrival letter? I have received mine on February 15 and received nothing after that. Should I be worried? I noticed that most people received their PR portal invitation on the same day they receive their pre-arrival letter. What should I do?

Thanks....
We never got a arrival mail from post office just email. And yes we have been stuck since March 29, although in the last week we got a bunch of ghost updates and now it all says complete but no ECOPR yet. Hoping to get some news this week.

Reactions: CSilva

CSilva

Jun 2, 2021
We never got a arrival mail from post office just email. And yes we have been stuck since March 29, although in the last week we got a bunch of ghost updates and now it all says complete but no ECOPR yet. Hoping to get some news this week.
This has been a really long wait.... I have tried phoning them however, there is no way to get through. Always busy;
Not sure what to do, there are some people who have their applications on hold for more than 1 year, I hope this does not happen yo us.