+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Inland Spousal Sponsorship // Assistance!

Zam10

Mar 10, 2018
Hello everyone!,

I would like to talk about my case and I will appreciate your opinion/assistance.

Me and my wife just got married approximately 3 months ago in Mexico, she is an International Student since September 2017. She came back to Canada one month ago but I'm still in Mexico. In October I will go to Canada (via ETA) then I will apply for an OWP, this because we received the advice to apply via Inland Spousal Sponsorship.

We already have the following documents:
*Valid Marriage Certificate.
*Bank Account Statement (same residential address in Mexico).
*Photos/Videos of the Wedding.
*Social Media Interaction.
*Letters.
*Recommendation Letters for Employment.

Having said the above, what's your opinion?, do you think I have a real chance to get an OWP?, would it be good idea to travel as a tourist and then apply?. any recommendations?. The only thing we want is to be together!.

Thanks in advance for your gentle help, my best wishes to everyone!.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Hello everyone!,

I would like to talk about my case and I will appreciate your opinion/assistance.

Me and my wife just got married approximately 3 months ago in Mexico, she is an International Student since September 2017. She came back to Canada one month ago but I'm still in Mexico. In October I will go to Canada (via ETA) then I will apply for an OWP, this because we received the advice to apply via Inland Spousal Sponsorship.

We already have the following documents:
*Valid Marriage Certificate.
*Bank Account Statement (same residential address in Mexico).
*Photos/Videos of the Wedding.
*Social Media Interaction.
*Letters.
*Recommendation Letters for Employment.

Having said the above, what's your opinion?, do you think I have a real chance to get an OWP?, would it be good idea to travel as a tourist and then apply?. any recommendations?. The only thing we want is to be together!.

Thanks in advance for your gentle help, my best wishes to everyone!.
I think you got some incorrect information.

To begin with, your wife is an international student in Canada. So she doesn't have any other status (e.g. citizenship or permanent residence) than a student. That doesn't give her any mean to "apply Inland Spousal Sponsorship" which means getting permanent residence for you.

If you are asking about getting a OWP when your spouse has a study permit, then you have used the wrong terminology. (sponsorship)

Try to ask your question at the International Student section of this forum.
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/forums/international-students.2/